Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Brilliant, undoubtedly her finest achievement yet - it beats even the time she gave out cardboard boxes to new parents.

There will be no stopping her now, she will be cycling and swimming before we know it!

Our daughter's loved the boxes.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19937876.baby-box-scotland-scheme-success-inspires-ireland/

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

I thought they were a meaningless waste of money (we had 3 of them) and a frankly pathetic legacy for Sturgeon, who wanted to be judged on education. 

The infamous instructions on the box "do not put the lid on, if your baby is sleeping inside the box" perhaps betrays something about the people the boxes were calculated to impress 😆

The scheme amounted to "Here's a free box of tat from Santa Sturgeon, vote SNP!"

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I thought they were a meaningless waste of money (we had 3 of them) and a frankly pathetic legacy for Sturgeon, who wanted to be judged on education. 

The infamous instructions on the box "do not put the lid on, if your baby is sleeping inside the box" perhaps betrays something about the people the boxes were calculated to impress 😆

The scheme amounted to "Here's a free box of tat from Santa Sturgeon, vote SNP!"

Did Westminster put them out as well I can't remember but there was word CS.

2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

If they were that shit why did you register 3 times to receive one?

Fucking idiot.

• Haha 7
  • Dildo 2
22 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

It was nothing to do with me, numb-nuts.  

As if I could take time away from my high station in life to chase after SNP freebies, like you haggling over a suit at the Barras Market.

If you want freebies of great value donate a million to the Tories become an unelected member of the house of lords , you will be given a contract worth millions with absolutely no experience needed for said contract.

Ask Michelle Mone she has experience.

If you can find her 😁

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Sturgeon also deleted all messages as have Swinney etc!! They are proving as corrupt as Tories. I believe in independence but no longer believe in this snp party. It’s a sad day 

All the parties are corrupt.

Just that Sturgeon and the SNP fooled everybody for years.

• Upvote 5
On 10/28/2023 at 2:46 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Rats deserting a sinking ship.

Absolutely, though I must say, I'm surprised it's taken so long. I said as far back as 2016 that the Sturgeon and Murrell leadership will never deliver independence and was given dog's abuse by SNP bots for it. They're not so righteous now, are they? 🤔

19 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Sturgeon also deleted all messages as have Swinney etc!! They are proving as corrupt as Tories. I believe in independence but no longer believe in this snp party. It’s a sad day 

I feel the Sturgeon saga has a long way to go yet and wouldn't be surprised if she and/or her "husband" end up in jail. What I would love to know, is what the establishment have on them, that they were so compliant and tame for so long? I know there are black clouds over Sturgeon's failed legal career and how she had to leave the profession in disgrace over mishandling the case of a vulnerable client.

19 hours ago, Joe pike said:

All the parties are corrupt.

Just that Sturgeon and the SNP fooled everybody for years.

Absolutely. They had a golden carrot to dangle every time there was an election or fundraiser; vote for them as the only pro-indy show in town. The "wheesht for Indy!" mantra worked for years, too, to the detriment of the country. Now they'll be punished at the ballot box and the independence movement must regroup.

I've said before and will do so again however, the glee of Unionists will be short-lived, once the dust settles around the SNP's (admittedly much deserved) demise. Anyone who thinks Starmer is anything other than a Tory in a red tie, surrounded by Blairite neoliberals who offer nothing but continuity of the status quo, is extremely delusional. Once the honeymoon period subsides (of course, that's assuming he gets an overall majority, which is far from certain) the reality will kick in, that the Westminster system is rotten to the core and beyond meaningful reform. It's up to the independence movement to regroup and present a viable alternative. 

There was one question Nicola Sturgeon was asked multiple times that she would not answer: Did you delete any whatsapp messages?

She told reporters that she has to respect the ongoing inquiry processes, and therefore she cannot get into these specifics.

That is slightly undermined by the fact that her successor, Humza Yousaf, has confirmed that he has kept all of his from the time of the pandemic.

Ms Sturgeon stressed multiple times that she feels all of her actions were in line with government policies.

This was the first time the former first minister faced the press since reports about her messages. But this will not be the last time she's quizzed on this issue.

8 hours ago, Joe pike said:

There was one question Nicola Sturgeon was asked multiple times that she would not answer: Did you delete any whatsapp messages?

She told reporters that she has to respect the ongoing inquiry processes, and therefore she cannot get into these specifics.

That is slightly undermined by the fact that her successor, Humza Yousaf, has confirmed that he has kept all of his from the time of the pandemic.

Ms Sturgeon stressed multiple times that she feels all of her actions were in line with government policies.

This was the first time the former first minister faced the press since reports about her messages. But this will not be the last time she's quizzed on this issue.

Screenshot-20231101-095543-Facebook.jpg

19 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Aye it's been the wetest October in 100 years.

That's part of climate change according to some news outlets.

But what about replying to my post above Joe?

Certainly like I said further up all political parties are corrupt including the SNP.

Sturgeon’s shenanigans are starting to unravel and will destroy her and the Party.