Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

I think British folk a bit think, really.

Loads of them vote to break up the union

And another bunch of them vote to leave Europe.

Yet they still continue to vote for their governments that they apparently despise.

LFDOer folks

Dinna waste yer time and blood pressure with politics

:cool:

:beer:

Mods, how about making that poll visible in terms of who voted for what?

We could then break down those 25 votes into categories of ill-informed, witless, English, gullible, unimaginative, shitebag or just plain simpleton.

Ta.

Edit:

Fuck, add selfish and scared as categories too.

Definitely a good few of both in 2014.

civic nationalism?

Sturgeon cost the SNP 21 seats in the last general election with her indyref 2 stance. I said she'd jumped the gun when the motion was passed at Holyrood back in March 2017 and the GE result proved me right. She completely misjudged the mood of the nation and came out of it looking like a fool.

• Upvote 2

Sturgeon cost the SNP 21 seats in the last general election with her indyref 2 stance. I said she'd jumped the gun when the motion was passed at Holyrood back in March 2017 and the GE result proved me right. She completely misjudged the mood of the nation and came out of it looking like a fool.

I agree entirely, but would note that she went into it looking a fool, as well as came out of it looking a fool.

She made an absolute cunt of that, which was frustrating.

Treachery is one of the most prominent Scottish attributes throughout history.

A parcel of rogues in a nation.

Given that everybody who was anybody in Scotland at that time had been bankrupted by the Darien adventure it was no surprise that the offer by England to reimburse the losses if we accepted union was jumped at. A parcel of rogues they might have been, but a parcel of fools they were not.

Majority of Scots voted Yes, problem was there's too many English tories living here. Especially Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

you keep quoting a study by edinburgh uni as if it's a fact

its not

its a tiny sample size for the results of the actual election

1,617,989 voted for independence

the electorate is 4,283,392 (2014)

so by your maths in Scotland, based on the National Records population estimate for 2014 (5,347,600)

there's over 2 million non-Scots in Scotland.

if you're honest that isn't even remotely feasible.

The majority of Scots who voted, voted Yes. That is true.

You have to remember a lot of people born in Scotland are born to a parent or parents from out with Scotland and I'm sure this would also have an effect on the vote.

Anyway we are better together as seen by stagnating wages, brexit, low/no GDP growth, NHS being privatised by the back door etc etc etc.

Can't read the whole article but its based on a survey - so to claim it as a fact is not true.

This is just complete misuse of what a fact is.

Youre a right miserable bastard eh.

Typical No voter tbf.

Do the majority of Dons fans dislike The Rangers? Can't state that as we haven't polled every single one.

Are there more black or white sheep in Scotland? No idea, never had a sheep census.