Worth A Look?

McGrath was on loan at the DABS from Wigan.

He'll be in a similar situation to Shinnie right now, but even if Wigan were willing to free him from his final year of his contract, I still wouldn't want him. Him (and his agent) have fucked us around too many times in the past. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The euro squad stuff is a bit of a red herring really 

We don't need to sign any old shite just because they are Scottish, we can just reduce our squad from 25 to say 24 or 23 if needed and then supplement with youth players from the b list. 

I know what you mean, it's far more important we aren't going into a European campaign relying of any of Morris, Stewart, McKenzie, Polvara, Richardson as even contingent starters.

But if we can sign one or two that tick the extra box of Association trained then all the better.

8 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I know what you mean, it's far more important we aren't going into a European campaign relying of any of Morris, Stewart, McKenzie, Polvara, Richardson as even contingent starters.

But if we can sign one or two that tick the extra box of Association trained then all the better.

12 subs in europe? Money required to make the bench bigger or stick the subs in the directors box

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

McGrath was on loan at the DABS from Wigan.

He'll be in a similar situation to Shinnie right now, but even if Wigan were willing to free him from his final year of his contract, I still wouldn't want him. Him (and his agent) have fucked us around too many times in the past. 

And he's not actually any good

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Tord doesn't know any other way, helmet. Can't help himself 

It's easy to forgive the poor sod, at least his heart is in the right place.

Some of the other dullards on here will be haunting the forum with their usual minute by minute transfer diarrhoea.

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

It's easy to forgive the poor sod, at least his heart is in the right place.

Some of the other dullards on here will be haunting the forum with their usual minute by minute transfer diarrhoea.

Given he is only 15, I should give him a bit of slack

7 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Aye, I did say that I had no idea where they were from.

I figured given we have 1 centre back right now, Edwards would be better than what we have. Which is nothing. 

Even Goodwin, who thinks Anthony Stewart was not only a centre half but good enough to be a captain, can see that Edwards is shite 

It really stands out that there are absolutely no players from the lower leagues in Scotland suggested by anyone. Seems like the clubs further down the pyramid produce almost no decent quality young prospects that can go on to bigger things.

Really if the Scottish football "model" worked at all there would be 10-20 players coming up from the lower leagues every year and being given a chance at Premiership clubs.

Its probably more like 1 or 2 a year. Fucking dismal.

14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

It really stands out that there are absolutely no players from the lower leagues in Scotland suggested by anyone. Seems like the clubs further down the pyramid produce almost no decent quality young prospects that can go on to bigger things.

Either that or none of us pay enough attention to the lower leagues to have a clue whether there's anyone good enough in them to step up. 

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Either that or none of us pay enough attention to the lower leagues to have a clue whether there's anyone good enough in them to step up. 

You think so?

The club haven't signed many the last few years and those few they have didn't seem to make it.

Orher clubs don't sign many either- and again when they do few of them really prove themselves.

I'd love to see us signing the best 1 or 2 prospects every year but there just don't seem to be any barring the very odd exception.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:23 PM, minijc said:

Splendid idea, sign English and Irish lads to help with the lack of Scottish, homegrown players.

Oh and signing Fletcher would be an awful idea, where ever he goes the team falls to shit and usually ends up relegated.

I’d have Fletcher next year if the price was right. A very good technical footballer, I think he’d fit into our system well… he’s never scored enough goals, but very good at holding the ball up and linking.

Think two proven goalscorers in Miovski and Duk, would enjoy playing with Fletcher and feeding off his knockdowns.

We will be pretty much playing two games a week until Xmas. We’re going to need another top forward.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Helmet said:

Really if the Scottish football "model" worked at all there would be 10-20 players coming up from the lower leagues every year and being given a chance at Premiership clubs.

Its probably more like 1 or 2 a year. Fucking dismal.

To be fair it should be the bottom 6 clubs picking up the championship/league one better players and we should be taking them when they've had a year or 2 at the bottom 6 team.

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

To be fair it should be the bottom 6 clubs picking up the championship/league one better players and we should be taking them when they've had a year or 2 at the bottom 6 team.

But when anyone suggests taking a player from a bottom 6 team then half the folk on here go mad because "they are shite and we need to be looking at better than the bottom of our league" 🙄

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

I’d have Fletcher next year if the price was right. A very good technical footballer, I think he’d fit into our system well… he’s never scored enough goals, but very good at holding the ball up and linking.

Think two proven goalscorers in Miovski and Duk, would enjoy playing with Fletcher and feeding off his knockdowns.

We will be pretty much playing two games a week until Xmas. We’re going to need another top forward.

Stop