Worth A Look?

If we were going to pay a transfer fee to another Scottish club for a player then O' Hara would be the one I'd want (love Grease).

Despite his new contract, St Mirren are a selling club and if it became known to the player we wanted him, I think he'd ask St Mirren to let him go. We have just made a whacking great profit on McCrorie, I think if we re-invested maybe £400k of it on O'Hara it would be a good bit of business.

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If we were going to pay a transfer fee to another Scottish club for a player then O' Hara would be the one I'd want (love Grease).

Despite his new contract, St Mirren are a selling club and if it became known to the player we wanted him, I think he'd ask St Mirren to let him go. We have just made a whacking great profit on McCrorie, I think if we re-invested maybe £400k of it on O'Hara it would be a good bit of business.

Don’t think you get stand out players from other SPFL prem sides for that kind of fee. Surely wouldn’t sell for that kind of money? 

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

Don’t think you get stand out players from other SPFL prem sides for that kind of fee. Surely wouldn’t sell for that kind of money? 

Maybe not, but I'd think it's a reasonable first offer as a basis for negotiation. If it took another £100-200k to get the deal over the line I'd probably pay up.

I don't think he's a million pound player and if St Mirren asked anything close to that figure then I certainly wouldn't want us to pay it. But if their demands were excessive, they'd likely end up with a seriously unhappy player on their books. That wouldn't be in either party's interest.

All currently just conjecture, Robson might not rate him at all

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If I was going to buy a player I think it would be Armstrong at killie but wouldn’t get him either 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

If I was going to buy a player I think it would be Armstrong at killie but wouldn’t get him either 

8 league goals, half were pens, no thanks

Looked pretty shite every time they came up here, seemed more wound up about Hayes/Ramadani than anythign else 

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

If he was as good as you think he is surely his agent wouldn't be telling him to sign a long term contract with St Mirren?

Isn't so long ago that St Mirren (thankfully) blew us out the water contract wise when we were both trying to sign Eamonn Brophy from Killie. 

Do you think Leighton Clarkson's agent might be telling him the same about us?

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Isn't so long ago that St Mirren (thankfully) blew us out the water contract wise when we were both trying to sign Eamonn Brophy from Killie. 

Do you think Leighton Clarkson's agent might be telling him the same about us?

To be fair Clarkson is in the shop window here and gets to play at a decent level with European football. Mark ohara has been at killie well dundee so signing a long term contract on big bucks at St mirren he probably knew a bigger team won't be in for him. Not saying he wouldn't be a useful squad player but I wouldn't pay a fee for him at all.

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

£400k.  You're a fucking gluepot min.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, slippers said:

Hang on! The hun bought Kamara for the best part of fuck all from Dundee. He’s amazing and worth somewhere in the spread of 5m-40m !?!

he must be the personification of, ‘stand out’.

otherwise, good point!

Ljupco Doriev

North Macedonian, left winger, is out of contract at the end of this month.

Looking at his goals/assists over the past few years he's getting better, over 100 games he averages 1 goal every 3 games and 1 assist every 5 games.

He's not exactly young at 27 but could be useful as a rotaional player. You'd think Bojan being here would help him settle easily too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ljupco-doriev/leistungsdaten/spieler/329200/plus/0?saison=2022

13 hours ago, YoungLoon said:

Ljupco Doriev

Looking at his goals/assists over the past few years he's getting better, over 100 games he averages 1 goal every 3 games and 1 assist every 5 games.

He's not exactly young at 27 but could be useful as a rotaional player. You'd think Bojan being here would help him settle easily too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ljupco-doriev/leistungsdaten/spieler/329200/plus/0?saison=2022

A very good shout loon.

Playing for Shkendija Tetovo (we scraped through against them in the first EL qualifying round in 2015) regularly is a major plus in itself as tgey are the best if not second best team in North Macedonia, as well as appearing a few times for his country.

Quality left wingers are very hard to come by but it seems he is definitely of that ilk.

14 hours ago, YoungLoon said:

Ljupco Doriev

Injury prone? 175 games aged 27 isn’t that many 

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Injury prone? 175 games aged 27 isn’t that many 

Averaged 24 games per season over the last 3 seasons. They play 33 games in the North Macedonian league, so nae too bad I guess. Possible there may have been an injury or two along the way.

If we cant get Pollock back we should definately be looking at Di'Shon Bernard who has just been released by Man Utd. Young centre back with a lot of potential who has been on loan at Salford, Hull City and Portsmouth in recent seasons. Can also fill in a right back if needed and would be better there than Richardson 

He may have options from Championship teams but definitely someone we should be considering.