Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

Why? I'd rather see Scott Wright.

The sooner Scott Shite leaves Aberdeen the better.

Kid has never impressed at all and yet everyone on here thinks he is the next big thing. He wouldn't even get a game at Raith Rovers, he is that bad.

How's the ticket sales going for this?

Should have just given Celtic extra tickets. Nothing game for us, and could have been £50,000 extra in the summer transfer kitty.

It is a huge game to send out a marker.

Beat them on Friday night and the Scottish football media will go into meltdown.

Win this match and the Aberdeen players will be on cloud nine for the remaining fixtures.

It is a huge game to send out a marker.

Beat them on Friday night and the Scottish football media will go into meltdown.

Win this match and the Aberdeen players will be on cloud nine for the remaining fixtures.

Winning it would be great, but "a huge game", no it's not. And why would the media go into meltdown - more likely they'll make excuses Celtic weren't at full strength and nothing was on the line for them.

If it was a huge game it'd be a sell out. I've not checked the ticket sales but we've probably sold more for the cup final than Friday.

The sooner Scott Shite leaves Aberdeen the better.

Kid has never impressed at all and yet everyone on here thinks he is the next big thing. He wouldn't even get a game at Raith Rovers, he is that bad.

Ignoring that this is a fishing attempt, i'd actually agree. He's pish.

Cup

Friday

Ibrox

We'll beat the new no-marks next season, will take a draa in this game. But would love to end this invincible pish.

Lencarl is spot on, this will make a massive impact on both scottish and british media (well, as big in terms of coverage the scottish game gets).

We want to attract players from the Championship / League One this summer? Results like beating celtic would help. No-one cares if we beat some pishy new team dressed up as the huns in a meaningless game. And I was at pittodrie for that 0-3 game - worst game I've ever attended. But would still rather stop this unbeaten in the league pish than get revenge on sevco.

Why? I'd rather see Scott Wright.

Because our squad is thin and with second place wrapped up we need to play Christie as much as we can prior to the the final to rest players who are eligible to play in that match. We are potentially without Jack and Pawlett for the final so the last thing we need is either McLean or Shinnie getting injured against Sevco or Patrick while Christie is sat on the bench when he could be replacing one of them for the full duration of those games.

Because our squad is thin and with second place wrapped up we need to play Christie as much as we can prior to the the final to rest players who are eligible to play in that match. We are potentially without Jack and Pawlett for the final so the last thing we need is either McLean or Shinnie getting injured against Sevco or Patrick while Christie is sat on the bench when he could be replacing one of them for the full duration of those games.

I'd have to agree.

Who gives a fuck about the league now - we can't get higher than second.

But we NEED to win the Scottish Cup. That's priority #1. And Christie can't play so utilise him for 90mins in the games we can.

the league game is important in that, much like in the first round of a boxing match, you gotta land a punch and show your power in order to obtain some respect and get the opponent to think twice about going on an all out attack.

We need to hurt Celtic in this game, not necessarily win, a draw would be ok or even a lose if we can score and show attacking threat.

If we don't do this, Celtic will go for it in the final without any fear and our defence is not good enough to cope.

It's also a shot to nothing (to use a snooker term)...we can experiment, try something different to learn more about potential weaknesses that can be exposed, if it doesn't work and we lose...it's inconsequential to the league position.

I believe McInnes will be smart enough to see this as an opportunity to experiment and come up with a master plan for the final!

We will learn fuck all about the cup final on Friday.

There is nothing comparable between playing at home on a smaller, shitey pitch in a game that means fuck all and a cup final on a larger, better pitch in a neutral stadium where our key players tend to disappear.

Who you kidding?

We will learn fuck all about the cup final on Friday.

There is nothing comparable between playing at home on a smaller, shitey pitch in a game that means fuck all and a cup final on a larger, better pitch in a neutral stadium where our key players tend to disappear.

Are all pitch sizes not exactly the same?

Are all pitch sizes not exactly the same?

Nope. Think there's about 5m in it.

I was up for this until I read this thread. Wouldn't be like us to fuck up a "record" or run of theirs at Pittodrie recently.

Alas I'll go 1-1 with a drab ending where both teams are happy to just let the game play out.

Us playing out a drab draw to about 86 minutes and then fucking them over would be beyond funny like. A nice controversial penalty for Craig

Gordon having the wrong shaped eyebrows would do nicely.

I don't think Craig Gordon has ever saved a penalty. For such a top 'keeper, he's beyond shite at penalties.

It's a tough one for us to be honest. Rest some players and risk taking a doing or keep the team as close to full strength as possible? Either way I'd rather we saved ourselves for the cup final and the huns next midweek. Play some fringe players and it gives us a nice excuse if we do take a pasting, can't see it though.

1-3 them.

McInnes today:

“It is whether we go with the team we think will start the cup final or whether we go with a team to try to get the job done.

Surely they're both the same thing? Or does he plan to win tomorrow and then put out a team that will lose in the cup final?

• Downvote 1

For being wrong about something? This "delete your account" chat is fucking mingin' patter.

Gordon is beyond shite at penalties. His record is 3 saved from 36 according to this: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-gordon/elfmeterstatistik/spieler/12589

Shite :swear:

• Upvote 2