The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

It's quite a small area geographically with a limited population [the Raploch area was grafted on to deal with Weegie overspill] surrounded by hills so it can't really expand.

The city has never had a strong heavy industry/ manufacturing sector and of course, there are no docks so you don't have a group of men mostly with free-time on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.

That leaves agriculturalists, members of the services sector and tradespeople - typically the folk with the longest hours.

Compare that with Falkirk [including Grangemouth] which had factories and a dock therefore a different picture emerges.

That was totally worth the 2 month wait. Thanks.

Genuinely what does murrayfield offer that's more?

We won't move anyway, it's all about getting a good rent rate next is it not?

having been to both regularly for the last ten years I would have Murrayfield any day of the week. Its a better stadium and there's plenty space around its grounds for proper fan zones. Its easier to get to compared to Hampden too.

BUT - the SFA are going nowhere. It'll remain at hampden

In what way are the transport links to hampden bad?

Motorway off ramp 2 mins away and train station 2 mins away?

Capacity wise.. not sure we need much bigger

And facilities yes as I said, need done up

It's biggest problem is pitch far away, but murrayfield is same

You sure it's not just it being in Glasgow generally that you don't like?

You sure you're not just jumping to conclusions?

For all you know I live next door to Hampden and love Glasgow.

After the Scottish cup final last year we were back on bus for over an hour, turned the corner and Hampden was across the road. Its shite

Yeah the train stations are usually a really long wait as well due to complete overload, queing for an age just to get on the platform.

From my limited personal experience Murrayfield is much easier to get to.

• Upvote 1

It'll remain at Hampden as they won't want Rangers and Celtic fans getting on the same trains from Glasgow to Edinburgh when they play each other in cup semi-finals or finals.

Lol

Just for that reason, I'd give it to Murrayfield.

It was, in reality, never going anywhere else but Hampden though.

New fucking stadium in Stirling is still the only sensible option imo.

Yeah the train stations are usually a really long wait as well due to complete overload, queing for an age just to get on the platform.

From my limited personal experience Murrayfield is much easier to get to.

I dont really care where they decide to go, but...the queues for trains in Edinburgh are pretty bad on a normal day. What makes you think theyll be better than those near Hampden?