The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

Seen that cunt Regan lisping away this morning on the news about this and immediately smelt a rat.... Crystal clear what the plan is, do up Mordor so they can hold cup finals and Internationals in it and that way the huns get a decent stadium and the bonus of playing at home in semis and finals.....The national stadium should be in the capital nae Govan

I think Mike Small was right, if the SFA had any vision at all they'd be looking at a purpose built stadium, in a new location to take us Scottish Football forward. Hampden is a dump and Murrayfield isn't ideal for football (running track etc)

If they built a new on, I'd make it in Stirling, below the Wallace monmument :-)

That was blatantly obvious as soon as they started murmurs about Hampden not being fit for purpose.

The whole corrupt shitshow needs to be removed from Glasgow.

Completely agree on this as well.

Its far too much of a glasgow centric organisation, has always been that way and only reluctantly do they pretend to be a "national" organisation.

I'd scrap the Fa in its current form altogether and create a new organisaton - locate it in Stirling, its central.

"We've gone out to those four partners, Queens Park, the SRU, Celtic and Rangers in the last few weeks and we've received proposal requests back from them and are in dialogue. We'll complete that by December in order for the board to review the facts and figures" - Quote from Reagan.

So basically its a choice of 1 stadium in Edinburgh, or 3 from Glasgow and the rest of the country can get to fuck we aren't even talking to anyone else.

What an utterly pre-emptive process, they've already decided the solution can only be from a very narrow set of options before they even start.

If the decision is to not renew Hampden (and i hope they don't because its shit) then Murrayfield seems an obvious answer, if even on a shorter term arrangement, say 5-10 years (hampden agreements seem to be 20 years)

If Murrayfiled is rejected then the rest of the Clubs really need to fucking grow a pair of balls and say no to 20 years of the SFA paying Celtic and Rangers and widening the financial gap even more in the sport they are supposed to nurture. There could quite easily be a agreement within the SFA that guarantees the matches are evenly spread between a list of approved venues and rent is paid on a absoutely equitable basis. Then at the start of every campaign the matches can be distributed across those agreed venues EVENLY or by some preagreed system that ensures some equality.

It cannot be left to the SFA to make a "judgement call" for each game as we all know that will result in 97% of games in Glasgow and they fuck over the rest of us all over again.

I think Mike Small was right, if the SFA had any vision at all they'd be looking at a purpose built stadium, in a new location to take us Scottish Football forward. Hampden is a dump and Murrayfield isn't ideal for football (running track etc)

If they built a new on, I'd make it in Stirling, below the Wallace monmument :-)

How about a national stadium in Kingsford? Surely the WANKS would like that?

If the SFA go down the route of sharing games between tims & Huns grounds. I will never attend another home international.

I refuse to help fund these arse cheek cunts.

Staying at Hamden or moving to Murrayfield is the only real options for long term.

Unless they are going to help fund our stadium, Dundee & utd stadium, One in the highlands etc. & share games EVENLY around the country, then sevco & tims should not be the only ones to benefit

Seen that cunt Regan lisping away this morning on the news about this and immediately smelt a rat.... Crystal clear what the plan is, do up Mordor so they can hold cup finals and Internationals in it and that way the huns get a decent stadium and the bonus of playing at home in semis and finals.....The national stadium should be in the capital nae Govan

That's it, end of. Tour the mickey mouse game like the one the other night around the country.

Get some of that lottery money and build from scratch...but don't let the SFA own/run it or be exclusive for football.

Edinburgh is the capital of the country and therefor the governing body should operate from it. The Scottish Rugby Union understands this.

Strathclyde Football Association.

There was an article in the Times last week which made the point that Edinburgh is the fastest growing city in the UK at the moment and on current trends will overtake Glasgow in population by 2030. For the first time in its history Edinburgh is now over 500,000.

Which rather reinforces the point.

There was an article in the Times last week which made the point that Edinburgh is the fastest growing city in the UK at the moment and on current trends will overtake Glasgow in population by 2030. For the first time in its history Edinburgh is now over 500,000.

Which rather reinforces the point.

Aye but it's full of foreign cunts like poles and English etc. Not really interested in Scottish football.

Well, the Wallace monument is North of Stirling :dontknow:

If the SFA go down the route of sharing games between tims & Huns grounds. I will never attend another home international.

I refuse to help fund these arse cheek cunts.

It's not just internationals. You want to go to theirs for cup finals or semis? They can fuck off with that. Won't happen anyway, Hampden will be kept.

Firstly shite

Secondly nice line in bigotry and xenophobia there fella

You a blood and soil type?

Absolutely true. Try proving it's not. Population increase in Edinburgh is, for the most part, due to immigration from outwith Scotland and not down to a sudden baby boom in Muirhouse. The 2 main flows are from eastern Europe (mostly Poles) and from England (mostly south), Ireland, China and Spain have supplied a fair few recently too but nowhere near English and Polish levels.

It is also absolutely true that these groups have very little interest in Scottish football. Disprove that!

With that in mind, maybe you'd like to elaborate as to the "shite" in your reply. Facts would be appreciated.

To add, I also fail to see the bigotry in my original post. Unless it was the use of the word 'cunts' to which you took offence. I happen to believe that these people/cunts are all welcome to live and work here and made no contrary statement. The more the fucking merrier, it's obviously better for them in Edinburgh than the shite hole they used to live in.

Wee fact - 47% of the non-UK born population in the city are of European origin. This is the highest percentage of any UK city. There are now more Poles in Edinburgh City than Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis combined!!

Absolutely true. Try proving it's not. Population increase in Edinburgh is, for the most part, due to immigration from outwith Scotland and not down to a sudden baby boom in Muirhouse. The 2 main flows are from eastern Europe (mostly Poles) and from England (mostly south), Ireland, China and Spain have supplied a fair few recently too but nowhere near English and Polish levels.

It is also absolutely true that these groups have very little interest in Scottish football. Disprove that!

With that in mind, maybe you'd like to elaborate as to the "shite" in your reply. Facts would be appreciated.

To add, I also fail to see the bigotry in my original post. Unless it was the use of the word 'cunts' to which you took offence. I happen to believe that these people/cunts are all welcome to live and work here and made no contrary statement. The more the fucking merrier, it's obviously better for them in Edinburgh than the shite hole they used to live in.

Wee fact - 47% of the non-UK born population in the city are of European origin. This is the highest percentage of any UK city. There are now more Poles in Edinburgh City than Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis combined!!

Im surprised to admit it, but i find myself agreeing with everything you just said.

Dont most cities grow through migration though? Id have through that was almost always the case if theres rapid growth.

Be it teuchtars and islanders or poles and English.

Or in the case of Glasgow once upon a time, Irish.

Im not really seeing how any of this changes the original point made about Edinburghs growth outstripping Glasgow for the moment.

Dont most cities grow through migration though? Id have through that was almost always the case if theres rapid growth.

Be it teuchtars and islanders or poles and English.

Or in the case of Glasgow once upon a time, Irish.

Im not really seeing how any of this changes the original point made about Edinburghs growth outstripping Glasgow for the moment.

It wasn't whether Edinburgh is outstripping Glasgow for growth at present or not that I was referring to. That fact is fairly unarguable.

It was a reply to an OxfordDon post, in which he said this fact furthered the argument for Edinburgh having the national stadium. I don't see how it does. Having more people in the city of Edinburgh makes no difference to Scottish football, if those extra people have no interest in Scottish football.

For the record, I'd happily see the national stadium in Edinburgh instead of Glasgow if the entire SFA was to be based there too. Nothing to do with city size though.

I've always wondered why a city like Stirling has such a shite fitba team. Wtf happened there.

Gym beside the stadium is a fuckin' winner though.

Stirling's nae a bad place - nice parts of the place and decent town centre. But you go through Raploch to get there. Oocha. Makes Logie appealing.