Aberdeen 1 - 1 Nk Siroki Brijeg

Just home.

Listened to McInnes's assessment of the game and agreed with him.

I honestly think this bye into this round is the worst thing that could have happened to us. We were miles off the pace in the 2nd half and the Bosnians got the goal their play deserved. I thought we edged the first half, but the second was very disappointing. Much work still to do over there.

Lewis - No chance with the goal, but otherwise assured. Great assist for Christies goal 6.5

Logan - His usual performance, but possibly sucked in for their equaliser and left the guy free to pick his spot. Would have to see it again. 6.5

Shinnie - Poor tonight. Didn't really stamp his authority on the game like he usually does. 6

Considine - Awful. Looked unfit and still looks like he's running with lead boots on. Massively exposed now that Hayes has fucked off to them. Bosnians exploited him to great effect. 5

O'Connor - Just looks nervous, we need a calm head in there to steady the ship. 5

Reynolds - Steady enough, was his usual. Not shite, not spectacular. 6

McLean - Absolute shite. 4

Rooney - He's not suited to european football. Still hasn't learned how to time a jump for a header. Expect him to be dropped for next week. 5

GMS - Looked lively at the start. Conceded a few fouls from a pernickity ref. Seemed to tire in the second half. Missed him as an out ball though once he went off. 6.5

Tansey - A couple of good passes and was tidy enough. Will get better. 6

Christie - PotM. Took his goal magnificently. Always looked dangerous and looking to create. 8

Subs

Maynard - Struggled to get into the game. 5

Stewart - Looked lively and helped bring the game to the Bosnians again. 6

Storey - No chance to make much of an impact. 5

I expect to see Rooney dropped for next week. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shockley come in. But i would go for pace and have a front 4 of GMS, Christie, Stewart and Maynard.

Desperate for a CB and dare i say it a LB.

We can score over there, just need to kerp a clean sheet. But not confident in doing that.

just didn't look sharp enough, the bosnians had a bit of pace on the counter attack, catching us out towards the end.

Reynolds and O'Connor were difficult to watch, desperately need a competent CH.

Ryan Christie and Shinnie kept us in the game. GMS gave a good account of himself.

Think we'll do the cunts over there.

just didn't look sharp enough, the bosnians had a bit of pace on the counter attack, catching us out towards the end.

Reynolds and O'Connor were difficult to watch, desperately need a competent CH.

Ryan Christie and Shinnie kept us in the game. GMS gave a good account of himself.

Think we'll do the cunts over there.

We cannot go into the season with Reynolds and O'Connor at centre back . We are crying out for a leader at the back to Organise the defence and agree with the shouts that a new left back is needed . Considine looked even slower than last season . No Jonny to bail him out either !

We were not direct enough and really miss the way Hayes turns defence into attack .

Rooney was horrific .

The standard of Scottish football is really poor and very noticeable when we come up against well organised, well drilled sides.

Siroki (like Kairat and Maribor) are no world beaters but technically they were decent and they exposed our weaknesses time and time again.

I think we are lucky to still be in the tie. Their striker's finishing was absolutely awful.

We looked slow, unfit and technically inferior.

Our defence - dear oh dear oh dear. Don't understand how McInnes didn't try and strengthen that area of the team first.

McLean and Rooney should have been hooked much earlier than they were. Thought Stewart looked lively when he came on. Christie was our star man but sometimes he needs to realise he cant take on the entire opposition himself.

Don't fancy our chances next week, especially if its a Eastern European ref.

Think our chance has gone.

• Downvote 2

Just home.

Listened to McInnes's assessment of the game and agreed with him.

I honestly think this bye into this round is the worst thing that could have happened to us. We were miles off the pace in the 2nd half and the Bosnians got the goal their play deserved. I thought we edged the first half, but the second was very disappointing. Much work still to do over there.

Lewis - No chance with the goal, but otherwise assured. Great assist for Christies goal 6.5

Logan - His usual performance, but possibly sucked in for their equaliser and left the guy free to pick his spot. Would have to see it again. 6.5

Shinnie - Poor tonight. Didn't really stamp his authority on the game like he usually does. 6

Considine - Awful. Looked unfit and still looks like he's running with lead boots on. Massively exposed now that Hayes has fucked off to them. Bosnians exploited him to great effect. 5

O'Connor - Just looks nervous, we need a calm head in there to steady the ship. 5

Reynolds - Steady enough, was his usual. Not shite, not spectacular. 6

McLean - Absolute shite. 4

Rooney - He's not suited to european football. Still hasn't learned how to time a jump for a header. Expect him to be dropped for next week. 5

GMS - Looked lively at the start. Conceded a few fouls from a pernickity ref. Seemed to tire in the second half. Missed him as an out ball though once he went off. 6.5

Tansey - A couple of good passes and was tidy enough. Will get better. 6

Christie - PotM. Took his goal magnificently. Always looked dangerous and looking to create. 8

Subs

Maynard - Struggled to get into the game. 5

Stewart - Looked lively and helped bring the game to the Bosnians again. 6

Storey - No chance to make much of an impact. 5

I expect to see Rooney dropped for next week. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shockley come in. But i would go for pace and have a front 4 of GMS, Christie, Stewart and Maynard.

Desperate for a CB and dare i say it a LB.

We can score over there, just need to kerp a clean sheet. But not confident in doing that.

Absolutely spot on there pal

Was a frustrating performance from us that's for sure

Highlight of the night

Merkland road parting like the sea for pipes coming down on his bike

Biblical

Superb :) that would have been funny to see ha ha

anyone confident for next week? I'd say I was confident for the season going by the signings and assuming we are targetting defenders but not confident at all that they can gel by next week

I was under the impression that we can't add any players to the squad for next week. In any case we need a defender or two

Just in. agree with most comments. Considine looked like he'd gone backwards tonight playing hospital passes and looking like there was nobody ahead of him to do the Hayes role - GMS was though so they need to talk and quick.

McLean not great. He missed a crucial ball when we were pressing and let them up the park leading to the equaliser.

Tansey can drop a ball on a sixpence from 70 yards and looked good but why was he left to sweep several times? He should be in front of a back four linking them to the midfield and strikers - oh did we actually have one on the park before the wine gum man came on? Rooney still on his hols I think

GMS and Christie worth paying to get in for - more please. Stewart added a bit of strength to the midfield when he came on and gave Shay someone to aim for down the right. Before that we didn't do ANYTHING out of defence down the right. O'Connor not a defender IMHO and the defence looked caught for pace on too many occasions. And gave them far too much space. Overall I am sure we will be fine for the league but think we can put away the passports if they don't get the finger out next week. We made a mediocre side look like fucking Barca tonight

Special mention for keeper Joe - a world class bit of vision to launch the ball up to Christie to set up a "James McFadden in Paris" style goal

Agree with much of what's been said. Disjointed, rusty, sometimes nervous from few players.

Mclean and Rooney were pish.

Regards the full backs, I think a major issue is that none of the wingers tracked back and put in the effort of either mcginn or hayes. That left both full backs but especially Considine exposed. That's going to be a big problem next week I think given this lot play with wingers.

There are plenty goals in this team but we desperately need a defender and some time to gel.

Looked good for the first 30 minutes or so and they were all over the place at the back but we let them back in it by the end of the first half and looked disjointed and sluggish in the second.

McLean and Considine had off nights. As for Rooney, someone said horrific but it was worse than that.

Christie is going to be great for us again but needs to have a look up every now and then. Apart from his goal obviously.

Get Shinnie into left back for next week and hopefully have a new CH by then(if he's eligible to play) as O'Connor was all over the place and not in a good way.

Simply didn't have the required energy to close them down like we were in the 1st 30 mins of the game. You can't sit off players who are technically better on the ball and not expect to get picked apart. 2nd half was a prime example - they had so much time to pick out passes down the left and right hand side. But then, what do you expect - it was our first competitive match.

Overall, I think if there's any flying teacups to be had, it would be in the direction of the established players, not the newbees. I thought the likes of O'Connor, McLean, Consoi, Rooney etc, looked short on commitment and work ethic. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work and I think man for man, we had better players, just not as fit or as regimented. That's maybe something that will piss off McInnes most.

Siroki just looked like the more settled team. They have the luxury of knowing each other's positions, and have two 90min games under their belt. We'll get better for sure, but the thing is, at this stage and as highlighted by StJ and sevco, you don't get the luxury of bedding yourself in.

Formation and tactics wise, I think we'll struggle a wee bit in the early part of the season. We've lost 3/4 seasons worth of known tactics and style of play. Last night showed that for Rooney in particular, he may struggle to adapt to the apparent lack of width. We were playing wee passes through midfield and running with the ball, a lot like we did when Maddison played, and we all know how that ended up. If we have to alter our style of play, then I'd suggest a 4-3-3 as opposed to the 4-2-3-1 that he favours.

And what is it with this cheating bollocks nowadays, kicking the ball out when one of your players falls to the ground and then going mental when the opposition don't give you it back? Players should be booked for remonstrating with opponents. It's piss boiling stuff.

Final note on the crowd last night. Decent effort in getting 17k through the door, but by god, I was surrounded by a bunch of complete bedwetters in the RDL front section. Have moved there from the rear and seem surrounded by MiniJC/Millertime negativity. Everyone getting slaughtered - Tansey called a clown, Maynard given pelters after being on the park 5 mins and quite obviously way below where he should be in terms of fitness. I thought there was enough mentalists where I was in the RDLR, but the front is full of quite a few 'special cases'!! Calm the feck doon people! First game of the season.

I think we'll get the result over there. The onus won't be on us to press and I think if we just show patience, make the most of set pieces and hit them on the break, we may be able to sneak it. Surely can't play much worse than that?

Actually didn't think either of our centre halfs were bad, they just didn't fill me with any confidence either.

Our bigger problem is left back, without Hayes cover this season Consi is going to struggle big time against the better teams.

Mclean needs to up his game next week but we know there's a player in there.

Rooney, well we have to appreciate what he is, a poacher or a finisher. He is terrible in the air and mostly on the deck so you have to create for him and last night he got nothing.

Team for next week has to be......

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

Maynard

Not convinced on Maynard maybe Stockley, need something different anyway.