Scott Mckenna

Not sure that Aberdeen was included in Trump's reference this week but a shithole or not a shithole, that is the question.

Maybe I'm biased but I can't see how the city can be described as such. It's been run down for sure. We have the worst set of cooncillors we've ever had, the parks and gardens are tired and have been badly neglected, there are more beggars on the streets than we've ever had but on the redemption front we've got... well, nothing really. Even the new builds in the city are shite... apart from Union Square which even though I don't like it (because there's always lots of people there), it does a job.

Yeah Aberdeen has become a shithole. It's been allowed to be by gross mismanagement.

Aye but theres a master plan don't cha know :whistling:

• Downvote 1

Much did Fraser feature before going to England?

No he hadn't even managed a full 90 minutes, but was out of contract at the end of the season.

Cant remember how much he cost, but off the top of my head I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than £500k.

Would Bournemouth have still signed him if he would have cost them £3 million?

P. S. Has Yoda hacked your account?

If there is any truth in this, the thing that irritates me is that it only took a championship club 15 games to come to the conclusion that the lad has what it takes. We have had the lad on our books for 4 years and he only broke into the first team because McInnes had finally run out of patience with the more experienced defenders in the squad. Whilst I accept that we may have to cash in on our assets at some stage, we surely need to be identifying our young talent earlier and getting them in the first team so we get some benefit on the pitch as well as a transfer fee off it.

Or the manager put him in when he was ready not before, essentially not setting him up to fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Or the manager put him in when he was ready not before, essentially not setting him up to fail.

Is that a conjecture or are you actually attempting to put forward an opinion?

Was it shrewd management to enter McKenna into the fray at Fir Park? Nothing to do with injuries and the previous games?

On the wider question, are those of us who think McInnes is poor at promoting youth wrong?

Is he a good manager and is he capable of winning titles?

That's just bullshit

Totally made up nonsense

It's customary, not just good manners, to offer a contrary view.

What do you know that allows you to be so certain in your condemnation?

• Upvote 1

Is that a conjecture or are you actually attempting to put forward an opinion?

Was it shrewd management to enter McKenna into the fray at Fir Park? Nothing to do with injuries and the previous games?

On the wider question, are those of us who think McInnes is poor at promoting youth wrong?

Is he a good manager and is he capable of winning titles?

McInnes is poor at promoting youth because he is risk averse. His CV at this club is littered with examples of being 'safe'.

• Upvote 3

Joe Shaughnessy...

Joe Shaughnessy is a decent shout. I also think we could have managed Cammie Smith a bit better too, he should have went on loan a couple of years earlier rather than getting the odd 5 minutes. Time will tell RE Wright, Ross, Campbell and Harvie but to his credit he gave long term deals to Wright, McKenna and Campbell.

Mcinnes is a good Manager but I think the question RE youth is a fair one and warrants further analysis.

• Upvote 2

Joe Shaughnessy is a decent shout. I also think we could have managed Cammie Smith a bit better too, he should have went on loan a couple of years earlier rather than getting the odd 5 minutes. Time will tell RE Wright, Ross, Campbell and Harvie but to his credit he gave long term deals to Wright, McKenna and Campbell.

Mcinnes is a good Manager but I think the question RE youth is a fair one and warrants further analysis.

Don't disagree with any of this. However, as well as giving these lads long term deals we should be playing them also. We should be able to play these guys at home against the bottom six at the very least. It says a lot for McKenna that he was very much thrown in at the deep end against Motherwell away and he hasn't looked back since.

Id say the opposite. Derek doesnt often get backed into a corner but on this occasion he did. He was already running out of patience with our defensive shit show and then Moult utterly destroyed it. You can argue the toss whether he wanted to put McKenna in and was waiting for the opportunity or whether he had to. But either way he had to and I think its fair to say it was a gamble. One that pleasingly, for once and as someone said for the first time since Fraser, has paid off big style.

Don't disagree with any of this. However, as well as giving these lads long term deals we should be playing them also. We should be able to play these guys at home against the bottom six at the very least. It says a lot for McKenna that he was very much thrown in at the deep end against Motherwell away and he hasn't looked back since.

Totally. McKenna is big, quick, strong, skilful and determined. He's a fantastic young prospect for future Scotland caps, hopefully many of them. Where the fuck has he been these last couple of years?

Your question reveals the fact that you've never managed men.

A good manager develops potential. A bad one kills it.

McInnes is not a winner. His career record will prove this. There are winners and losers in life. McInnes is a charlatan who's ability to get 70% out of his teams gives the impression of adequacy but masks his true nature. We have some great potential at AFC right now. They're not shining because McInnes can't make them shine.

I'm aware of McInnes limitations and I'm also aware Aberdeen fans vastly over-rate McInnes, mainly on account of the gross incompetence of his predecessors.

However, I'm still on the fence regarding McInnes and youth development. I remember reading on Pie and bovril last season, the comments on Scott McKenna - generally positive, but seemingly he was very raw. Maybe McInnes timed things perfectly?

I think McInnes gave Wright a reasonably fair crack, during the first half of the season - but he wasn't able to grasp the opportunity. I was at the Kilmarnock match earlier in the season and he really looked woeful. I know he's popular on here - but i still think he's 50:50 to make it. Seems to lack heart/belief IMO - that's area perhaps where McInnes may be able to help?

I think it'll be interesting to see how McInnes deals with some of the current crop coming through. I obviously don't see these players myself, but the likes of Seb Ross and Dean Campbell appear to be extremely good prospects - the age group national team selectors seem to agree. A few of their international team mates are starting to get first team exposure for their respective clubs sides. Interesting to see if McInnes will give any of these lads a run in the near future...

The crime was not playing Wright after his hat trick. The crime was dropping him after Hamilton away. McInnes has been fucking with his mind. Performance is dependent on confidence, particularly in the young. Look at how many starts Wright has had. His first four was over 4 years! He's been mismanaged and he's not getting the best from an obvious talent. The mind. It matters.

The crime was not playing Wright after his hat trick. The crime was dropping him after Hamilton away. McInnes has been fucking with his mind. Performance is dependent on confidence, particularly in the young. Look at how many starts Wright has had. His first four was over 4 years! He's been mismanaged and he's not getting the best from an obvious talent. The mind. It matters.

What a load of nonsense what has so called mismanagement got to do with a player being easily shoved off the ball ? The last few time I have watched Wright he has been woefull

What a load of nonsense what has so called mismanagement got to do with a player being easily shoved off the ball ? The last few time I have watched Wright he has been woefull

How much of that is confidence?

Was he woeful before he got fucked around?

He was fucking shite v. Sevco. As was everyone else right enough, thanks to McInnes.

You hate McInnes, we get it. Change the record ffs.

We are actually discussing specifics about his management.

Unlike you who only exists to shed negativity and moroseness upon us all.

Fuck off you pile of steaming nothingness.

Unless you do have anything to contribute to any adult debate?

I would argue Ross and Wright.

Frank got put on for the first time since god knows when in a dead rubber and scored a cracker, thereby earning his first start since even longer. But he wasn't at the races at Dens. A good manager would have filled his head with confidence, telling him how valuable he can be, how he's the best young prospect at the club. SAF was brilliant at this. I know from Neale Cooper who went through it all and younger than Wright and McKenna, marked Brietner out of the game in Munich.

Wright showed something special when he finally got a chance and yet got dropped immediately thereafter. McInnes has a problem with youth. I don't know why. He just has. Maybe he didn't get a fair crack of the whip as a youngster and blames the system for him never rising above rank mediocre, fuck knows.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With Wright he plays one bad game and he is dropped straight away, unlike GMS for example who can have 4 bad games in a row and he sticks with him
  • Downvote 1

Hansen infamously criticised the best manager in history when he said you don't win nothing with kids. Scholes, Beckham and Giggs proved him wrong, that very season.

Hansen was only stating an old football man mentality. Ferguson played Cooper at 16. Hewitt was 17. He tried lots of youngsters all the time. Some didn't work (Andy Dornan) but many did. Until we try, we never know. McInnes doesn't try. It's what you say to them and how you prepare them which determines if they can perform like men or not. They've all got some degree of technical proficiency to be getting a wage in the first place.

With Wright he plays one bad game and he is dropped straight away, unlike GMS for example who can have 4 bad games in a row and he sticks with him

Another major failing, as I said. Too loyal to underperformers. Logan and KMc have been screaming to be benched, to give them a kick up the arse. Shocking recruitment last summer means he has no cover.

Regardless of how good McKenna is or not, if any English clubs come in for him then we need to immediately slap a guffy tax on the sale. These clubs have millions thanks to Sky, it's up to us to take advantage of that. Will we? Nah. We'll take £500K and a bag of crisps.