Scott Mckenna

Regardless of how good McKenna is or not, if any English clubs come in for him then we need to immediately slap a guffy tax on the sale. These clubs have millions thanks to Sky, it's up to us to take advantage of that. Will we? Nah. We'll take £500K and a bag of crisps.

Totally agree with this as we're not desperate for cash any more, it has to be a deal we'd be stupid to turn down

Aye, so he chose Motherwell away after they had just humped us 3-0 to see if he was ready! He chose him because he had ran out of patience with Reynolds.

So he stumbled on him

Just saw the lad standing about at training and went who's he? He looks a big unit wonder if he can play centre back.

To think that he wasn't part of the managers plans is total made up crap.

After a debacle he got his chance he took it.

Others need to do the same.

Don't think it's unreasonable to say that McInnes gave McKenna a chance through desperation rather than some grand plan for youth development.

Based on what exactly

Beyond a feeling in your water

He's given several youth products game time and opportunity this season.

One has really grasped it and has remained in the side.

The others haven't

Arguably cb is the toughest position to come in as a young player, it tends to need nous and experience.

Mckenna's performance in that regard could be a product of good coaching and management. All depends on what you think of the management team.

Regardless of how good McKenna is or not, if any English clubs come in for him then we need to immediately slap a guffy tax on the sale. These clubs have millions thanks to Sky, it's up to us to take advantage of that. Will we? Nah. We'll take £500K and a bag of crisps.

You're correct when you state that we should be looking at stupid money for McKenna, should Hull City follow up their alleged interest. Debt free, so no need to go looking for a quick sale. Start the bidding at £5m or fuck off. And, with a £15% sell on clause.

I disagree that we will accept a derisory fee for him. Fuck, we even fucked over Exeter CIty for £100K for Stockley, an outstanding piece of business for the horse.

We are actually discussing specifics about his management.

Unlike you who only exists to shed negativity and moroseness upon us all.

Fuck off you pile of steaming nothingness.

Unless you do have anything to contribute to any adult debate?

And as usual you just moan and moan. Its a debate that youve already decided the outcome of = McInnes is shite. Its really boring. You like to think you know about football but youre just an old drunk with an agenda.
  • Downvote 1

You're correct when you state that we should be looking at stupid money for McKenna, should Hull City follow up their alleged interest. Debt free, so no need to go looking for a quick sale. Start the bidding at £5m or fuck off. And, with a £15% sell on clause.

I disagree that we will accept a derisory fee for him. Fuck, we even fucked over Exeter CIty for £100K for Stockley, an outstanding piece of business for the horse.

A bargain for them given his goals this season.

6 million.

Yes I'm serious.

I watch the way football is going in terms of money and I hate it but I want my club to get in on that action instead of bending over for 300k.

Happy enough to quote that in the first instance but in reality id be happy enough with £1.75m with a % sell on too

if we can make it work for us to afford to sign christie, stewart and a left back. then it would certainly be something we should pursue

Definitely. I suspect Hull will attempt to fuck us off with the usual derisory offers that English clubs make to our teams.

I see no reason to sell Scott for anything less a few million with a substantial sell on fee. Lets see how Milne deals with this.

Honestly the minimum we should be looking at is 2.5/3million.

Its time we started managing to get what is deserved of our players. Hibs and United manage to get big fees for their players it's time we started to do the same.

Hottest centre half in the country, 21, recently signed a 4year deal.

3mill, sign christie on a perm and reinvest in another good young centre half - maybe even go in for greg docherty from hamilton or someone else to replace kenny mclean.

I don't think Christie will sign permanently too big a wage drop. If Celtic don't want him I'm sure his agent has told him he can get similar wages to what he is on now in the championship.

He's still young though. I think there's a chance he would sign for us with a view to moving down south to a potentially bigger club in a few years than he might get now.

I don't think Christie will sign permanently too big a wage drop. If Celtic don't want him I'm sure his agent has told him he can get similar wages to what he is on now in the championship.

could be true now but it was lawell that put the stoppers on the move last summer? rodgers, mcinnes and christie were all happy with the move

Its time we started managing to get what is deserved of our players. Hibs and United manage to get big fees for their players it's time we started to do the same.

3mill, sign christie on a perm and reinvest in another good young centre half - maybe even go in for greg docherty from hamilton or someone else to replace kenny mclean.

It's been widely reported today that the huns are in for Docherty. Whether they can afford him or not is another matter altogether figures of £750k being mentioned as a fee for him. Docherty is a huge hun so will obviously want to go there. The huns might be able to afford him in the summer once they have their season ticket money in (if they are still solvent by that time).

It all depends on McKenna and his mindset/ambition. Hull willl offer a massive wage increase and the chance to be a star in the EPL when they get promoted. They will paint it that way and its hard to see why a young laddie would turn that down.

The reality is he will get a massive wage increase, he will sit on the bench as they will need ready made defenders to reach the glory land aka promotion. Then he will get farmed out on loan to lower league teams and then its make or break for him. I genuinely hope he has sense and stays to develop but we just cant compete with wages. Hopefully he has seen the likes of Fyvie and will think twice.

Im quite comfortable saying McKenna could be a fantastic player, possible Scotland regular given that the national team is crying out for good central halves.

Wont happen though. English teams know they can just tempt players with big wages and basically force clubs to sell for a pittance up here. Supporters of clubs down south arent that enamoured with their clubs signing players from our league though so hopefully that works in our favour.