Aberdeen 3 - 0 St Johnstone

A very complete performance from the dandies. Snapping into tackles, winning first and second balls, being smart in posession and finally using the width of the pitch. St Johnstone couldn't live with us and we controlled the game from start to finish.

What the fuck was the deal with the officials though? Worst I've seen for ages.

• Upvote 1

That's what happens when you feed the goat. Rapid balls into said mixer = goals fae Rooney. I thought Del Boy had made moved on, obviosly not I was wrong. @@RAZOR @@BWG

He's like a transit van min. Slow and unremarkable to look at but keep it well serviced and it'll never let you down. We just need to sign Moult and we'll have the holy trinity of strikers.

Good performance and result. We started brightly, going from strength to strength in the first half, confident with Arnason-Mckenna-O'Connor continuing at the back. The balance of the side is improved with Shinnie playing as a full-back. Fielding a fluid front four, it is difficult for the opposition to stifle our creativity. Ryan Christie was effective playing deeper in the midfield, linking play. Stevie May found form drifting wide. Adam Rooney was the finishing touch.

If, in the second half, we perhaps lacked the intensity or application we had shown in the first, we nevertheless did more than enough. Not only did we convert a penalty but we could have easily scored a fourth, Maynard and Ross having chances. Both Ross and Wright looked eager when brought on and were impressive. It is encouraging to know we have such options in the squad. Some of our recent recruits are still not fulfilling their potential but when come good will make us even stronger.

The side has been so much stronger in the last two games after reshaping the defence. McInnes has done well to restore confidence.

COYR.

Brilliant performance.

Really enjoyed that game.

Imagined this would be the case as soon as I saw the line up.

It's one I would have picked myself.

So delighted by the game, I went and got absolutely blootered.

Woke up 10 mins ago in a daze, first thing I did oot to the cabin and pour myself a pint.

Marvellous. :sheepdance:

Exactly. Fuck Hayes, happy enough if he never plays again. Sold his soul but we got paid so he can fucking retire as far as I'm concerned.

It looks like he has retired or at least went part time, Fuck him, he was always going to be an unused sub or in the stands only getting a game when they want to rest there first team players, wouldn't want him back as it would take about 6 months at least to get him back up to where he was and he is now the wrong side of 30. He will lose his International place shortly and will probably be at Exeter or some shite like that next season

Rose tinted glasses to think we never had boring games when they were both playing.

Also plenty of games with them playing where we got beat by St Johnston.

Correct, that's an incredible statement to say there was never a dull moment when Hayes & McGinn were around. You don't have to go too far back on this forum to find folk morning about McGinn disappearing for 4-5 games at a time

I thought the shape of the team was far better yesterday. Cant be arsed looking back over the thread but having Shinnie in at left back was the difference in performance yesterday. Thought we looked far better going forward and actualy more comfortable at the left side of the defence with Shinnie there.

What happened with Considine?

I thought the shape of the team was far better yesterday. Cant be arsed looking back over the thread but having Shinnie in at left back was the difference in performance yesterday. Thought we looked far better going forward and actualy more comfortable at the left side of the defence with Shinnie there.

What happened with Considine?

Broke his wrist during the Motherwell game last Sunday seemingly

Correct, that's an incredible statement to say there was never a dull moment when Hayes & McGinn were around. You don't have to go too far back on this forum to find folk morning about McGinn disappearing for 4-5 games at a time

Hayes also took a fair while to settle in and make an impact too. Reckon we've got a couple of players who will be the same this season

Definitely better balance with Logan right and Shinnie left. Pity we didn't have another Graeme Shinnie to play midfield as well!

Given Wright and McKenna's breakthroughs it may be that Frank Ross is a real contender as well. He looked bright when he came on. Looking at our squad Tansey and Storie are our only outright midfielders. Everyone else that plays there for us is versatile or adapted. I think the balance and the shape of the team is what has been lacking.

COYR

Given Wright and McKenna's breakthroughs it may be that Frank Ross is a real contender as well. He looked bright when he came on. Looking at our squad Tansey and Storie are our only outright midfielders. Everyone else that plays there for us is versatile or adapted. I think the balance and the shape of the team is what has been lacking.

COYR

Storie is pish and will be released. Hopefully we'll sign another proper CM in January.

Agree RE Ross. Looked very good on Saturday and was unlucky not to score.

Definitely better balance with Logan right and Shinnie left. Pity we didn't have another Graeme Shinnie to play midfield as well!

Shinnie running at there fullback creating things and getting shots away was night and day of previous.this selecting a player because of our lack of height takes so much away from our attacks down the left so hopefully he can see that being loyal to a trier has to end some time.