Next Aberdeen Manager

Would it be possible to land someone in this discussion (hypothetical atm) who can't be labelled with the hun/tim cunt badge?

Get someone with no connection to Scottish football. Someone that will pay the "old firm" no respect.

I'll get slated for saying it, probably by the people who think Jack Ross or Tommy Wright should be our next manager, but I think we need to look at someone like Graham Potter, Stephen Kenny or Danny Cowley. These are guys who punch way above their weight and tend to give little regard to who the opposition are.

Going for a Wright/Ross/Robinson type would only produce more of the same.

The only manager in the SPFL I'd like to see us even consider is Clarke

Get someone with no connection to Scottish football. Someone that will pay the "old firm" no respect.

I'll get slated for saying it, probably by the people who think Jack Ross or Tommy Wright should be our next manager, but I think we need to look at someone like Graham Potter, Stephen Kenny or Danny Cowley. These are guys who punch way above their weight and tend to give little regard to who the opposition are.

They'll also be the first cunts to fuck off to the hun cunts and not worry about being honest about it because they'll have no idea of the hatred between the teams.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to go for a foreign coach. I think it's naive to think they won't show the ugly sisters respect.

• Downvote 1

They'll also be the first cunts to fuck off to the hun cunts and not worry about being honest about it because they'll have no idea of the hatred between the teams.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to go for a foreign coach. I think it's naive to think they won't show the ugly sisters respect.

Ok maybe not play six defenders at ibrox then. McInnes bottles almost every game in Glasgow. It's part of his mentality, he believes the hype.

I think taking someone in who hasn't been brought up in the bubble of Scottish football with a proven track record of not giving a fuck who the opposition are, is the way we need to go. Maybe that's naive, but maybe it's what we need.

2/3 of the guys I mentioned above have cracked Europe with a much smaller budget than what McInnes has as well. I'm not saying get them just because they're not Scottish, but I think it's a component worth considering.

Is Stephen Kenny the boy who was in charge at Dunfermline years ago?

Is Stephen Kenny the boy who was in charge at Dunfermline years ago?

Yes. Admittedly didn't go well for him, which is a worry but when you look at his recent work and the fact that Dunfermline is pretty much the only bad spell he's had as a manager, I think he's worth a look.

He's at Camphill Community, I think (some disability)

Aye, his brother has Down's syndrome, he's been in Camphill since about 1981.

Timmy was very vocal about the bypass, which was scheduled to cut through the Camphill site. PR firm I used to work for dealt with them around 2004/5 time, so I got to speak to Timmy a few times.

Almost didn't believe him when he first called up and thought it was someone taking the piss.

Aye, his brother has Down's syndrome, he's been in Camphill since about 1981.

Timmy was very vocal about the bypass, which was scheduled to cut through the Camphill site. PR firm I used to work for dealt with them around 2004/5 time, so I got to speak to Timmy a few times.

Almost didn't believe him when he first called up and thought it was someone taking the piss.

Must have failed yon exams some amount of times or just really like school dinners.

Seems like his brother is a proper Dandy and goes to games.

http://www.brillianttv.co.uk/timmymallett/charities-camphill.html

Timmy must be a glory hunter and comes up for the big games.

Rolf Harris says "In my travels all round the world, I’ve noticed that ‘common sense’ is actually NOT all that common.

However, in this case, common sense has prevailed and I must say I couldn’t be more delighted. I’d like to use that well known Aussie phrase in praising Tavish Scott and the Scottish parliament’s decision . . .’GOOD ON YA’!

• Upvote 1

My suggestion would be Paul Lambert...

I know he is a Tim and in an ideal world we would appoint a decent manager without ties to both... but let's face it it's going to be hard unless we go foreign.

Lambert has ties to the scottish game, he done well with Wycombe before getting Back to back promotions with Norwich, he took on a difficult Villa job and done extremely well to keep them up with the awful team he had... the minute he got sacked they went down and struggled since.

He actually played really good football at norwich and then adjusted when he went to Villa as he didn't have the team capable to play nice stuff.

Since being unemployed he goes all over Europe learning off the likes of Dortmund, Barca, Monaco, Ajax etc. so he is definitely trying to improve himself as a manager. With how competative the league is at the moment (Rogers, Lennon, McInnes, Clarke, Coyle) and with us being the current 2nd biggest team... it's an attractive option and one that he might see as a good opportunity to get back into management.

I just couldn't be arsed with him doing so well with us when Rogers finally pisses off Celtic just come take him off us.

I know he is a Tim and in an ideal world we would appoint a decent manager without ties to both... but let's face it it's going to be hard unless we go foreign.

Lambert has ties to the scottish game, he done well with Wycombe before getting Back to back promotions with Norwich, he took on a difficult Villa job and done extremely well to keep them up with the awful team he had... the minute he got sacked they went down and struggled since.

He actually played really good football at norwich and then adjusted when he went to Villa as he didn't have the team capable to play nice stuff.

Since being unemployed he goes all over Europe learning off the likes of Dortmund, Barca, Monaco, Ajax etc. so he is definitely trying to improve himself as a manager. With how competative the league is at the moment (Rogers, Lennon, McInnes, Clarke, Coyle) and with us being the current 2nd biggest team... it's an attractive option and one that he might see as a good opportunity to get back into management.

I just couldn't be arsed with him doing so well with us when Rogers finally pisses off Celtic just come take him off us.

You make a good case for him. He probably wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world if we're honest, but I do think he'd have a similar losers mentality towards the arse cheeks that McInnes has. Fuck all to base that on, just a gut feeling.

I'm surprised Scotland haven't gone for Lambert. He would be an easy choice for them.

He's a hun that played for the Tims. Even worse.

Did not done

Coyle is a shit manager

No to Lambert

He's failed at Blackburn and Wolves since his Villa stint.

It's a catch 22.

We get a Celtic/Rangers "man" then as soon as we do well we're back to this situation.

We go for an English manager and they will bugger off to the Championship/League 1 when they do well (See Alan Stubbs)

Has to be someone that is massively anti-old firm and has the balls to stand up to them all this weegie press nonsense.

in the summer when there was speculation that DM was going to sunderland, he did an interview for the radio where he dismissed us and basically said that last season was as good as things could get for Aberdeen and that DM was on a hiding to nothing if he stayed with us. Scottish football was dismissed as sub standard and said that he wanted another job down there as the EPL and the championship were the places to be or alternatively would look abroad. Made its sound like he would only take a job up here if there was no other option for him.