Next Aberdeen Manager

Get someone with no connection to Scottish football. Someone that will pay the "old firm" no respect.

I'll get slated for saying it, probably by the people who think Jack Ross or Tommy Wright should be our next manager, but I think we need to look at someone like Graham Potter, Stephen Kenny or Danny Cowley. These are guys who punch way above their weight and tend to give little regard to who the opposition are.

Going for a Wright/Ross/Robinson type would only produce more of the same.

The only manager in the SPFL I'd like to see us even consider is Clarke

Im not sure about Stephen Kenny. Fair play has done a great job at Dundalk but he has also been sacked by Bohemians, Dunfermine and Shamrock rovers. At shamrock Rovers the fans Chanted "youre a f#cking choker" at him after being sacked back in 2012 by his boyhood team so not sure they would agree with your assessment.

Danny Cowley has done a good job at Lincoln but i'm not sure it would be enough to warrant a leap from that level to us. Just because he beat a few teams in the fa cup doesn't mean he is a genius. He has done a job comparable to Rowan Alexander and I certainly wouldn't be keen on him.

Potter is an interesting one as has been on a continual upwards curve, has an experienced Scottish manager as his assistant, got a former dandies player working as his analyst and seems to have the ability to pluck players from obscurity and improving them as players individually and blend them into a team. He has Fouad Bachirou the former Morton midfielder as his vice captain and midfield general. He has said he is ambitious and keen to manage in other countries but whether that would be Scotland and at a time where they have qualified for the latter stages of the Europa league would be questionable.

Im not sure about Stephen Kenny. Fair play has done a great job at Dundalk but he has also been sacked by Bohemians, Dunfermine and Shamrock rovers. At shamrock Rovers the fans Chanted "youre a f#cking choker" at him after being sacked back in 2012 by his boyhood team so not sure they would agree with your assessment.

Danny Cowley has done a good job at Lincoln but i'm not sure it would be enough to warrant a leap from that level to us. Just because he beat a few teams in the fa cup doesn't mean he is a genius. He has done a job comparable to Rowan Alexander and I certainly wouldn't be keen on him.

Potter is an interesting one as has been on a continual upwards curve, has an experienced Scottish manager as his assistant, got a former dandies player working as his analyst and seems to have the ability to pluck players from obscurity and improving them as players individually and blend them into a team. He has Fouad Bachirou the former Morton midfielder as his vice captain and midfield general. He has said he is ambitious and keen to manage in other countries but whether that would be Scotland and at a time where they have qualified for the latter stages of the Europa league would be questionable.

Has to be a young manager in the lower league structure of England who is ruthlessly ambitious and would jump at the chance to make a name for himself.

I didn't hear that interview with Lambert... if that is the case then he can do one! haha.. need someone to come in and give us their all, not just in terms of trying to do well for himself but also to try and drive the club forward - something which Derek without a doubt has done in his time here, both on and off the pitch.

Maybe giving it to Sheerin or Robson wouldn't be the worst shout (Creasing as i write this) but we need someone who is going to be passionate about Aberdeem, understands the league and knows what it means to the fans to beat the old firm. Obviously Sheerin wasn't born here but he has strong ties with the club - whether or not either of those could make the jump up (I have strong doubts) is obviously a massive gamble and could set us back a year or two if things don't work out.

If McInnes does go it will no doubt be the biggest decision in the clubs history in recent times as un-doing all of McInnes good work will be far easier to do than keep it going and pushing on IMO. Whoever we appoint next needs to 100% be the right man.

It's a catch 22.

We get a Celtic/Rangers "man" then as soon as we do well we're back to this situation.

We go for an English manager and they will bugger off to the Championship/League 1 when they do well (See Alan Stubbs)

Has to be someone that is massively anti-old firm and has the balls to stand up to them all this weegie press nonsense.

Guardiola would be my choice

We need a hard bastard that will be able to engineer victories against a piss poor Rangers team. I'm grateful to Derek McInnes for taking us out of the Doldrums and winning the league cup in 2014, but too often we bottled it playing the old firm.

The season Celtic were imploding under Delia we could/should have won the league, there might not be another chance like that in 40 years.

Our hatred of Rangers is important to us. Eion Jess knew what it took. The hatred is not being channelled in the correct way anymore. It seeps into the players and they collectively shite themselves.

Hence why I want a hard bastard. I know he's a Tim and not everyone's cup of tea. But Neil Lennon would bring that to the table.

We need a hard bastard that will be able to engineer victories against a piss poor Rangers team. I'm grateful to Derek McInnes for taking us out of the Doldrums and winning the league cup in 2014, but too often we bottled it playing the old firm.

The season Celtic were imploding under Delia we could/should have won the league, there might not be another chance like that in 40 years.

Our hatred of Rangers is important to us. Eion Jess knew what it took. The hatred is not being channelled in the correct way anymore. It seeps into the players and they collectively shite themselves.

Hence why I want a hard bastard. I know he's a Tim and not everyone's cup of tea. But Neil Lennon would bring that to the table.

Excellent first post Sir. One I agree with wholeheartedly.

Neil Lennon is a dick, we'd quickly become a side show to the Lennon show and there's no real evidence he's a good manager.

As Ive already said Id happily take Neil Lennon but would he really entertain us?

I do promote a stick Robson in as caretaker and take stock of the situation approach though.

No idea why wed line up Jack Ross, or whoever, in advance rather than waiting to see who is interested from the wider football world

Interesting that Michael O'Neil has not committed to either Ireland or Scotland yet. If he is holding out for a club job then he may see us as a good option as long as he can find a good chauffeur in Aberdeen.

Aberdeen with 0 training facilities or the USA national job with your life being paid to flit between Florida and California to watch fitba... know what Id choose.