Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

I saw it differently. You saying Joe didn't play well, a pint of what you're on pall.

I highlighted your word outstanding with regard to GS. I already said that Lewis was the saviour. Which is pretty obvious.

Lewis easily man of match. Other than that Christie and shinnie ran a lot and Stewart spun around a few times. Rooney tried. At the back? Lewis bailed us out. Thought Logan should maybe have been taken off. Good three points though. Scotland's national team has been rebuilding for the last 20 years. We've been rebuilding since the summer. It'll come good in the end.

There's been a lot of chat about McInnes being "tactically inept" and not using his subs well in the last week.

Moussa was dominating O'Connor and McKenna in the last 15 mins of the 1st half which was getting Dundee up the pitch and causing us problems.

Bringing Arnason on and sticking O'Conner in front of Moussa took him out of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good win just what the doctor ordered.

That's 11 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in our last 14 away league games. Every team in Scotland outside of Celtic would love consistency on the road like that.

McInnes showing class in his post match interview when pressed about his reaction to Jabba The Hut's statement. The more you analyse it the more you realise McInnes is far too classy for the rancid lot from Govan.

There's been a lot of chat about McInnes being "tactically inept" and not using his subs well in the last week.

Moussa was dominating O'Connor and McKenna in the last 15 mins of the 1st half which was getting Dundee up the pitch and causing us problems.

Bringing Arnason on and sticking O'Conner in front of Moussa took him out of the game.

Was thinking this. At the time it looked a negative sub but we played considerably better after the sub.

+1

I didn't see that. I knew they were dominating the last 15 but I couldn't work out why. You're right. The sub changed it.

Will take the three points, but don't have to be happy about it :thumbup1:

Dundee are fucking abysmal, and for periods during that game we made them look decent. We could just as easily lost that match as won it.

McInnes has hopefully identified the midfield general we need, at least one pacey winger, a defender, and a striker.

This team needs a serious boot up the arse.

• Upvote 1

That would never have crossed my mind. Excellent football thinking. Hes showed great feet these last three halfs. Can jink a man. Him one v. one v. the last defender = goal. Not been effective in midfield cos theres fuck all to find.

Suggested this from the first couple of games we played this season.

Looks like a forward to me. No a predator type, but a more cultured option.

If we set out with 2 up (not very likely) hed be great as one of 2, able to drop off into the midfield to find the ball but still a big threat around the box.

Team performance. Get over the line performance.

No goals for Rooney, obviously, but I thought he did really well tonight.

Shinnie was good.

Mclean was good.

Stewart is getting better...slowly.

Defence was pretty good.

Joe was super Joe.

Substitution was key.

Lots of positives to take, most for a wee while.

A good assessment. ?