Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

High hopes for young McKenna - he has nailed down his place in the team and looks more confident every week. The goal will be a boost as well.

Overall - lets be honest we were lucky to win. Dundee had more efforts on goal and Joe kept us in it. We had some good possession but huffed and puffed most of the time.

Chris Sutton suggested we need to look at the centre forward position going forward - I am more concerned about our midfield and suspect defence (both games against huns being good examples in respect of these deficiencies).

Anyway after a very difficult week we have 3 points away from home so not all bad.

I was in the camp that was quite relieved to see McInnes leave but now that he is staying I will back him as long as he improves on his obvious failings when we have big games which need a brave approach.

Loved the Dons banner - concomitant indeed. I had no fkn idea what it meant to be honest, but yet again the huns have scored an og.

A lot of folk saying Stewart had a good game but disagree.

He always wants to take 5/6 touches and dithers on the ball too much, lacks pace and doesn't create enough.

The reality is he does not fit into the formation we are playing as he simply doesn't have the pace or running power. But still he's not doing enough.

Only Christie has any incisiveness about him otherwise we seem to run out of ideas. Rooney did not have 1 chance (who also looked on his heels at times but service was minimal to him).

It's a result grinded out and very much the usual for this season but isn't the starting 11 that will secure the Scottish cup or finish 2nd.

The Stewart that played for Dundee would fit our system.

This slightly older version however is gash.

Not getting the Stewart love in on here tonight. Takes an age to make the wrong decision, runs into dead ends, and holy fuck his dead ball deliveries in the second half, well my 3 year old girl would have been as well taking them. Total basics, not short listed for player of the year stuff.

Fans were in good voice though, well done traveling Dandies.

Lewis - match winner and match not loser. McInnes should be very thankful of him.

It was laughable how much of a proper footballer compared to the rest of them Arnason looked like when he came on. I hope he's learned his lesson from his lack of game time.

We have no way of playing, that I can identify anyway. If that poke never went I don't know how we were ever scoring. Don't know how we're going to make it to the end of the year without dropping a heap of points.

Lewis - match winner and match not loser. McInnes should be very thankful of him.

It was laughable how much of a proper footballer compared to the rest of them Arnason looked like when he came on. I hope he's learned his lesson from his lack of game time.

We have no way of playing, that I can identify anyway. If that poke never went I don't know how we were ever scoring. Don't know how we're going to make it to the end of the year without dropping a heap of points.

"Lewis- match winner" omg thank you so much!!!!

Your words are appreciated.

I would just like to reiterate how stunning Lewis save was in the first half from Deacon. If you saw that shit in England Souness would have lost his teeth struggling for superlatives. Unreal.

It was nothing really.

Not getting the Stewart love in on here tonight. Takes an age to make the wrong decision, runs into dead ends, and holy fuck his dead ball deliveries in the second half, well my 3 year old girl would have been as well taking them. Total basics, not short listed for player of the year stuff.

Fans were in good voice though, well done traveling Dandies.

Best touch in the team by a mile. Close control

Is superb.

Best touch in the team by a mile. Close control

Is superb.

As someone else said, i think Stewarts style is more suited to playing more central. He's a bit shit at crossing for starters, but with his quick feet and control he could be a sort of Charlie Nicholas type on the edge of the box, turning defenders and passing it into the net or playing someone in, using his fat arse Dalglish style.

Notice how @runpus has either very rarely or has never made a football related post .

Total cover for his embarrassing lifestyle this forum is .

That’s uncalled for. He posted last week “not interested in football”. That was as credible or incredible as his account that he was attending Dens tonight.

Who cares what another does? It’s a virtual forum.

It sounds like you’ve taken umbridge? Did he give you a roasting? He does that. Because he’s interesting, not beige. Or at least his posts are. He could be another scarface for all we know but again, who gives a fuck?

Taking shit too serious is not cool. I know this from experience.

Thats uncalled for. He posted last week not interested in football. That was as credible or incredible as his account that he was attending Dens tonight.

Who cares what another does? Its a virtual forum.

It sounds like youve taken umbridge? Did he give you a roasting? He does that. Because hes interesting, not beige. Or at least his posts are. He could be another scarface for all we know but again, who gives a fuck?

Taking shit too serious is not cool. I know this from experience.

Rocket scientist. Crack a can and have a sip. Enjoy the good times they are rolling. A dons manager told the minky cretin Huns to fuck off. We won 1-0. Enjoy your weekend my man.

So anyone got a clue why McCann lost it with Doc?

Is it because McCann is a filthy bigot and he blames Doc for Deek not rescuing his beloved huns?

Deek n Doc - sort of like the Scottish football Bodger and Badger

Aye. McHun is jealous. Hope he dies. COYR

So anyone got a clue why McCann lost it with Doc?

Is it because McCann is a filthy bigot and he blames Doc for Deek not rescuing his beloved huns?

Deek n Doc - sort of like the Scottish football Bodger and Badger

Whatever the origin McCann went up in my estimation. When I heard his interview. He made light of it. Made on that Doc hadn’t sent him an Xmas card yet and wanted a selection box from him now. It was good how he diffused it.

Whatever the origin McCann went up in my estimation. When I heard his interview. He made light of it. Made on that Doc hadnt sent him an Xmas card yet and wanted a selection box from him now. It was good how he diffused it.

All is clear now. You're a Hun.

Also: From where I was stood. Rooney was superb. First time in 18 months his hold up and touch play was good. Looked the target man he once was tonight.

Ginger legend.

Rocket Scientist takes it in the bum. Cos' he's a hun.

Yassss

Whatever the origin McCann went up in my estimation. When I heard his interview. He made light of it. Made on that Doc hadn’t sent him an Xmas card yet and wanted a selection box from him now. It was good how he diffused it.

Rocket scientist takes it up the bum.

Cos' he's a hun.

Wooooahhh ohhh ohhhh

Job done

It was never going to be pretty, Dundee were on form and scrapping for their lives. After the circus this last week I’m happy with the 3 points.

As usual it’s all drama from the usual suspects on here!!! Describing players like “absolutely shite”. People need to take a step back.

Rooney is the perfect example, he’s not a great footballer. He needs service to be effective, the manager should identify this. We had McGinn, a right footer on the right and Hayes a left footer on the left, the provided with more ammo than Rambo seems to have in every film. Ross, Wright,GMS and Stewart are simply not as good as Hayes or McGinn. I’m not sure why McInnes is playing the righty on the left and the lefty on the right lately, I don’t even know if this is the main problem but both Ross and Stewart continuously cut inside and never mixed it up. Christie tried a lot last night but the end product was very disappointing. This resulted in nothing real being created. How is a poacher like Rooney meant to be effective when those supplying the ammo don’t do that? Again the manager should identify this.

At least he identified the threat of Moussa and nullified it which created more space for Christie,McLean and shinnie. Just a pity shinnie never squared that chance to Christie.

McInnes has fucked off the Huns but he needs to improve this team and fix the problem of not creating enough clear cut chances.

Happy we won but not impressive again.

I have to say i am sad at McInnes staying. He got us to certain level but has proven incapable of raising the performance ( or even performong) in "Big" games.

It will now be the same we will scramble wins against the smaller teams then crash and burn against the Huns or the Victims

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some may think we played shit but maybe not giving Dundee the credit they deserve & as such our team?

Dundee are on the back of a small turn around in form & winning a couple of games (including the side that just made us look shite) & we are on a poor run of form having lost last two.

that was a great win yesterday yet so many players in that win have still been singled out by many.

Maybe they were up against some players/team that are actually playing pretty decent or on a run of form?

Some may think we played shit but maybe not giving Dundee the credit they deserve & as such our team?

Dundee are on the back of a small turn around in form & winning a couple of games (including the side that just made us look shite) & we are on a poor run of form having lost last two.

that was a great win yesterday yet so many players in that win have still been singled out by many.

Maybe they were up against some players/team that are actually playing pretty decent or on a run of form?

I understand your point of view.

But still we all know next Bigot game he will crumble,

Its embarrasing being thrashed 5-1 over two games by a very poor Sevco.

Can McInnes get a shrink and get over his inferiority complex?