Celtic 3 - 0 Aberdeen

I understand that he has been forced into a few changes but look at the bench. Harvie, Ross and Wright. Young lads who might relish the chance. Instead we stick with ball, OConnor and Reynolds with Rooney up top running about like a headless chicken. Everybody saw this result coming YET again when we saw the line up.

Celtic know how we are going to play against them and arguably we make it easy for them

Yeah & at least McInnes could be excused a couple of mistakes if he took a wee chance with the young players but he won't.

• Upvote 2

I'm not nearly as irked by today as I was by the two Sevco games.

We came to give them a game, succeeded for a good while, and despite a couple of unfortunate goals never downed tools.

Fact is though, they are a very good technical possession side, it's tiring to get stuck into them, and mistakes happen as you get more tired.

Disappointing result, performance not nearly as disappointing as against the deatheaters.

• Upvote 1

So your solution is stick on some young lads and that would somehow see us winning here?

Not saying we would win. Most likely we wouldnt but we are learning nothing playing guys like Ball and OConnor. They arent good enough no matter how many times we play them against Celtic.

Its just my opinion but if someone asked me what team and formation we would play today before the teams came out I would have been pretty close.

We are predictable and Mcinnes is so defensive minded when we play Celtic or Rangers. I would love to see us show a bit of confidence and actually go for a more attack minded team

• Upvote 3

Mcinnes you and the can't keep it uppers bottled it again. Maybe you should have taken the ranger job And Aberdeen got a manager with guts. Im sick of seeing the tims take the piss out of an Aberdeen team. At least others manage a draw or like Hearts a win. Not looking forward to the hearts game. Won't be going ive had enough.

Why does a Hearts team that were just held by the team that we pumped 3 - 0 twice put the fear up you?

Unfortunately I have seen this movie too often. Regardless of how a very average Jambos team dismantled Celtic on Sunday I suspect normal service will resume.

Our only hope is to (like Hearts) have a real go at them and don`t allow them to stroke the ball about like we usually do.

I hope to be proved wrong but I can see 2 or 3 nil to them.

As predicted....should have done a Duncan Skinner.

Same old shite from the Dandies against one half of the bigot brothers.

It really does raise serious questions. If Hibs (who we destroyed last week) and the Jambos can give Celtic a competitive game why are we continually unable to do so (SCF aside)?

First goal, meh, shit happens. The second and third are fucking ridiculous to give away. Ball had a mare second half. McKenna with a broken leg would be better than Reynolds. McLean just fucked up. Simple as that. Up till that point I thought he was one of our better players.

The most disappointing thing for me is the fact that at half time we were behind by a lucky deflected goal. There should have been a fire in our boys bellies when they came back out. There should have been a desire to get back into it. There should have been an "any given sunday" style team talk at half time. Instead we got what we got. Which I can only describe as shite.

As predicted....should have done a Duncan Skinner.

Same old shite from the Dandies against one half of the bigot brothers.

It really does raise serious questions. If Hibs (who we destroyed last week) and the Jambos can give Celtic a competitive game why are we continually unable to do so (SCF aside)?

We score a first goal against them like Hearts did & we have a very different game against them.

The Hibs games against them are the best ones to look at against them. They never gave up & earned some results even after going behind to them.

First goal, meh, shit happens. The second and third are fucking ridiculous to give away. Ball had a mare second half. McKenna with a broken leg would be better than Reynolds. McLean just fucked up. Simple as that. Up till that point I thought he was one of our better players.

The most disappointing thing for me is the fact that at half time we were behind by a lucky deflected goal. There should have been a fire in our boys bellies when they came back out. There should have been a desire to get back into it. There should have been an "any given sunday" style team talk at half time. Instead we got what we got. Which I can only describe as shite.

There are two teams to consider though. There maybe was some fire in their bellies but there was just more in the Celtic players after their half time roasting. They were first to every second ball & didn't give our players a spare second on the ball.

I'm not going to be too hard on the team. Forced changes & shit luck had us behind.

Second half they had more fight in them than us & used it to their advantage. Possibly still winded by a shit goal in first half. Certainly a bit deflated.

I do think McInnes bottled it by not having balls to play younger players. Especially Harvie in his natural position rather than Reynolds