Holidays 2018

minijc

If you only had time to visit one place in Berlin, where would you go? I've got one day there - more like half a day really - so not a lot of time to do anything. Would have liked to have arrived a day or two earlier but can't due to work.

The next day I'm heading to Budapest for the Scotland game. I usually don't bother with friendlies, but Budapest is one place I've wanted to visit for a while and with all the stadium chat about the Groupama Arena I'm keen to visit it, and it'll be the only Scotland game I go to this year as even the home ones don't interest me. Got two days there.

Flying back through Pisa, again only there for a day. Not arsed about seeing the leaning tower.

Siegessäule.

https://www.visitberlin.de/en/siegessaule

This. ^^^^

Would also recommend the walking tours, we were taking for free by some English speaking students and you just tip them what you think its worth at the end. Think it lasted a few hours if i remember right.

Done a walking tour in Zagreb, that was fantastic, that's also another quality place.

Or Krakow... want to do the touristy shit if go there however, whereas Barcelona would be boozing.

Nice, easy cheap city break that winna break the bank. Any advice?

Lisbon.

For a major city it's fairly cheap as long as you stay away from the main strip, weather will likely be decent, decent food and drink, plenty to do. Benfica's stadium is class too, the stadium tour and museum well worth doing. Sporting's isn't bad but isn't anywhere near as good.

Depends what you're in to?

Politics? If you can book a tour of the Bundestag then I'd recommend that.

Art? A wander down the east side gallery is great.

History? Topography of terror is a great history of the rise of facism in Germany. The DDR museum is a decent wander through life in the DDR.

Museums? Pick your faves on museum island.

The outdoors? Loads to see in the Tiergarten.

Beer Halle? I'll let someone else advise there.

There's always a boat cruise down the Spree if the weather is nice, which can be combined with (overpriced) beers.

Cheers. Aye the topography of terror or the DDR museum both look good, I'll likely pick between the two of them.

Lisbon.

For a major city it's fairly cheap as long as you stay away from the main strip, weather will likely be decent, decent food and drink, plenty to do. Benfica's stadium is class too, the stadium tour and museum well worth doing. Sporting's isn't bad but isn't anywhere near as good.

I went there a few years ago and we stopped at a small place for a coffee for the wife and I had a beer, 2 Euros for both.

Lisbon and Berlin are the 2 cheapest capital cities I've been to.