New Stadium Approved

Were all for a stadium in the city centre and keeping tradition but its a double edged sword as Pittodrie wont be fit for European football in 2021 I think? And if Kingsford is going to be the death of AFC then Pittodrie as it stands is exactly the same thing? Is it no?

Wow. Do you pull the zip up your back yourself or get someone else to do it?

• Upvote 1

Haha I posted what I did above and just seen this, POLAR opposite of wfat I said

Do you GENUINELY believe that?

Just have a bad feeling about the whole thing. Being fed a lot of shite. Would never wish the club to fail, so I obviously hope I'm wrong. I'm a little commy wankstsin anyway so flat pack stadiums and drone type fans blindly buying into something for economical reasons generally goes against my beliefs. Who knows, maybe when I'm older my sense of idealism will be beaten out of me and I'll look at things of this nature as a great idea like you all do.

He doesn't ask everyone else for links to what they say though, he has an agenda and I'll need to speak to the mods about his constant harassment.

I have actually asked others. Like yourself, they refuse to provide the evidence they claim to have, wait a few pages then peddle the same rhetoric.

Rinse and repeat.

It guarantees no trouble, there's nothing intimidating about it and no pubs.

Does trouble only happen if you're in a city centre, and when fans get to the country they somehow chill out?

What is intimating about Pittodrie?

There are pubs near the Kingsford site, including a planned supporters bar and a big fucking fanzone. I grew up in Westhill, I've drank in every single one of those bars, but from reading this forum sometimes I wonder if I imagined it all.

MA police dream. Appealing to the corporate day out.

If Kingsford was already built, the police would currently be trying to work out how to police 2,000 Burnley fans who will all be arriving at kingsford by public transport.

Not sure that is a police dream. In fact it's going to be a bloody nightmare.

I disagree with your belief the club are quietly hoping for a city centre site. Nothing points to that, unless they were forced to provide transport.

They are being forced to provide transport.

It's a nonsense to suggest that if the council offered to heavily subsidise a city centre site the club would say no because they somehow think Kingsford will attract a better type of fan.

I do agree though that Kingsford, by accident more than design, is better from a corporate point of view and if they're savvy enough they'll make a a lot of cash during the week from all the businesses surrounding the site. But it wasn't their first choice so it clearly wasn't a thought when they were trying to build at Loirston.

Scotrail apparently interested in a link-up with Dyce station and Kingsford.

Would require some sort of infrastructure works at Dyce as it's not the easiest for buses at the moment, but the plan would be Scotrail would send some extra services* on match day to Dyce, with the shuttle buses picking up directly from there to the stadium. Something I've been saying should be done for ages, rather than trying to fire all the shuttle buses up the busiest two roads.

According to google maps, the travel time between Dyce station down the new AWPR to Kingsford is just 12-14 minutes. Even accounting for football traffic it'll be a lot quicker than trying to get from Kingsford back to the main station in guild street.

*Dont know what these services are. Could be extra services on the Inverurie-Laurencekirk line, or just a straight link back and forth to the city centre.

Scotrail apparently interested in a link-up with Dyce station and Kingsford.

Would require some sort of infrastructure works at Dyce as it's not the easiest for buses at the moment, but the plan would be Scotrail would send some extra services* on match day to Dyce, with the shuttle buses picking up directly from there to the stadium. Something I've been saying should be done for ages, rather than trying to fire all the shuttle buses up the busiest two roads.

According to google maps, the travel time between Dyce station down the new AWPR to Kingsford is just 12-14 minutes. Even accounting for football traffic it'll be a lot quicker than trying to get from Kingsford back to the main station in guild street.

*Dont know what these services are. Could be extra services on the Inverurie-Laurencekirk line, or just a straight link back and forth to the city centre.

That appears less appealing than getting one bus there or back from town even if it took 10 minutes longer.

What fans won't travel ? Be interesting to know from the posters on here will stopping going once the stadium is built

They need a solution that doesn't involve multiple buses or trains, unless there were a train connected to Kingsford, because that will guarantee empty seats. The 5000 big game charlies, or those with piss easy travel just now, won't be enticed by that.

• Upvote 1