New Stadium Approved

Call it 4 x Hibs East Stand then. The answer is literally the entire post you quoted. So we could afford it.

Build 4 "hibs" stands or a ST Mirren may not be the most financially attractive

this could mean

No substantial match day corporate

No conference facilities

No meeting facilities

No exhibition facilities

Any Modern Stadia built today must be able work 365 days of the year not 20 match weekends and the location of Kingsford in my opinion will make it a very very attractive proposition for Conference meetings and exhibitions being in a position that is almost equally split between City centre Dyce and Altens

Building Cheap and cheerful is a false long-term economy. Payback will be much improved spending money upfront.

this could mean

No conference facilities

No meeting facilities

No exhibition facilities

Any Modern Stadia built today must be able work 365 days of the year not 20 match weekends and the location of Kingsford in my opinion will make it a very very attractive proposition for Conference meetings and exhibitions being in a position that is almost equally split between City centre Dyce and Altens

Building Cheap and cheerful is a false long-term economy. Payback will be much improved spending money upfront.

Yep it's the revenue generation people against kingsford keep ignoring when they claim we can just rebuild pittodrie.

The club haven't even got the funding for the training ground yet, what a shambles.

Oh aye? A shambles you say. Try and explain this then and please don't leave anything out because I really value your opinion. It is after all, the reason I read posts on here.

It really is the go to place for anyone who needs to understand better how to run a football club, a business in general, build a stadium or training facilities, raise finance for multiple budgets etc etc. Because we have posters, no that's wrong, I mean experts like you to help folk on the rights and wrongs.......

Wait though, I haven't got it wrong, have I? I do hope I haven't just wasted my time posting this. You're not just a know nothing fuckwit that has absolutely no experience whatsoever and has nothing useful at all to offer in debate, are you? Please don't let it be true.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

My least worry is about the training ground that should be the easiest to fund and at probably a minimal cost

AFc have been strategically very clever with the award winning AFFCT and you will also note how much the training is being pushed as a community facility. This in my opinion is not to assist the planning process but the funding process

Having a successful award winning Community trust for which we are building facilities will open up funding routes everywhere

Local Government (both Shire and city)

Scottish Government

UK Government

SFA funding

Sports Scotland

National Lottery

Will all have money trees available for Community facilities for an award winning proven community trust to improve its facilities

Watch for similar community representations for the stadium itself

My least worry is about the training ground that should be the easiest to fund and at probably a minimal cost

AFc have been strategically very clever with the award winning AFFCT and you will also note how much the training is being pushed as a community facility. This in my opinion is not to assist the planning process but the funding process

Having a successful award winning Community trust for which we are building facilities will open up funding routes everywhere

Local Government (both Shire and city)

Scottish Government

UK Government

SFA funding

Sports Scotland

National Lottery

Will all have money trees available for Community facilities for an award winning proven community trust to improve its facilities

Watch for similar community representations for the stadium itself

But but but but wait....I was told it was a shambles.

• Downvote 2

They only got planning permission five months ago. Bit early to be wetting yourself over the funding.

Forgot you can't try to find funding before then, my bad.

Oh aye? A shambles you say. Try and explain this then and please don't leave anything out because I really value your opinion. It is after all, the reason I read posts on here.

It really is the go to place for anyone who needs to understand better how to run a football club, a business in general, build a stadium or training facilities, raise finance for multiple budgets etc etc. Because we have posters, no that's wrong, I mean experts like you to help folk on the rights and wrongs.......

Wait though, I haven't got it wrong, have I? I do hope I haven't just wasted my time posting this. You're not just a know nothing fuckwit that has absolutely no experience whatsoever and has nothing useful at all to offer in debate, are you? Please don't let it be true.

See this is where you expose yourself, you've got a panny name and you think you're clever, this is Aberdeen everyone knows someone hence why I get nice bits of information, you'll find that if I post something it's because I can either back it up or it's came from a good source unlike you, you bedwetting nonce.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Call it 4 x Hibs East Stand then. The answer is literally the entire post you quoted. So we could afford it.

"Even so, however, finance remains the over-riding hurdle with Petrie admitting at last year's agm to having received "quite a shock" at just how much a new stand would cost with steel prices alone having rocketed by almost 70 per cent in the previous year.

"While a new East Stand wouldn't need to house facilities such as dressing rooms, hospitality suites, kitchens and offices, which are positioned under the West Stand, it is understood that the cost of building it would still far outstrip the 6m widely thought to have been the price of completing what was phase two of Easter Road's redevelopment, the Famous Five and South Stands having been the first stage."

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/is-the-price-still-right-for-hibs-new-east-stand-1-1219979

That was in 2009. They completed Easter Road at a net cost of somewhere between £15m-£20m. But they started it in the 90's so of course it was going to be cheaper.

Even if it was possible to build a similar stadium at Pittodrie (it isn't), and even if it was only three stands with the RDS staying in place, you're still looking at over £20m at least for the whole project, likely more, and considering we wouldn't be selling the land at Pittodrie to fund it we're still left with the same amount to raise.

People who say "build it one stand at a time when we can afford it" need to get real. The rising costs of construction and at least three years loss of income would make that project more expensive than Kingsford.

I'd love to see us build the stadium at Pittodrie or elsewhere in the city centre, but it'll cost us more than Kingsford. The only way it'll be cheaper is if it is a smaller capacity and basic. New Douglas Park with the RDS attached would probably be it.

Capture.jpg

The club did try to find funding, but George Yule admitted it was difficult without planning permission in place. I suspect it'll be a lot easier now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this could mean

No conference facilities

No meeting facilities

No exhibition facilities

Of course I know that and you'd have a stand containing all of the above. My point was the average punter on 3 sides can't tell the difference between Hibs stand £500 a seat stand and a £2000 a seat stand and it makes no difference to them turning up. It would all be a brand new stadium compared to Pittodrie now.

"Even so, however, finance remains the over-riding hurdle with Petrie admitting at last year's agm to having received "quite a shock" at just how much a new stand would cost with steel prices alone having rocketed by almost 70 per cent in the previous year.

"While a new East Stand wouldn't need to house facilities such as dressing rooms, hospitality suites, kitchens and offices, which are positioned under the West Stand, it is understood that the cost of building it would still far outstrip the 6m widely thought to have been the price of completing what was phase two of Easter Road's redevelopment, the Famous Five and South Stands having been the first stage."

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/is-the-price-still-right-for-hibs-new-east-stand-1-1219979

That was in 2009. They completed Easter Road at a net cost of somewhere between £15m-£20m. But they started it in the 90's so of course it was going to be cheaper.

Even if it was possible to build a similar stadium at Pittodrie (it isn't), and even if it was only three stands with the RDS staying in place, you're still looking at over £20m at least for the whole project, likely more, and considering we wouldn't be selling the land at Pittodrie to fund it we're still left with the same amount to raise.

People who say "build it one stand at a time when we can afford it" need to get real. The rising costs of construction and at least three years loss of income would make that project more expensive than Kingsford.

I'd love to see us build the stadium at Pittodrie or elsewhere in the city centre, but it'll cost us more than Kingsford. The only way it'll be cheaper is if it is a smaller capacity and basic. New Douglas Park with the RDS attached would probably be it.

They completed the East Stand for £500 a seat and it was built in 2010. Them's the facts. I'm not saying do it but there's so many false assertions. At least three years income lost? Hibs missed 5 games at the end of the season, which weren't sold out anyway. What I'm saying is you could build a working stadium anywhere available within budget. No need for everyone to dissect that.

Yes, like loriston this is about opening up the surrounding land for development. Once training ground is built itll be mission accomplished for Milne

Why would he spend so much effort for that exactly?

His business likely holds dozens and dozens of land parcels up and down the country. So many I expect they don't even bother developing them all and juts bank them.

Spending years of effort and loads of money to "open up the land for development" is fanciful pish.

Yes, like loriston this is about opening up the surrounding land for development. Once training ground is built itll be mission accomplished for Milne

I posted way backnin this thread a report about the proposed expansion of Westhill with regards to houses.

There will be further commercial development too.

Kingsford in years to come will not be surrounded by fields.

This is progress and i welcome it.

Guest RosemountRed

I posted way backnin this thread a report about the proposed expansion of Westhill with regards to houses.

I;ve said this again and again, Aberdeen will join Kingswells and then Kingswells will join Westhill and it'll all be one place in around 6 to 8 years.

They completed the East Stand for £500 a seat and it was built in 2010. Them's the facts. I'm not saying do it but there's so many false assertions. At least three years income lost? Hibs missed 5 games at the end of the season, which weren't sold out anyway.

It took six months to build, from February to August. That's a significant loss of income, especially if one of the stands was the main stand.

And of course, it isn't even possible without extending the footprint anyway, which if they did would mean likely two stands would need to be knocked down at once in order to extend both the length of the pitch (due to current sight lines in the RDS) and width.

Possible? Maybe. Cheaper than Kingsford? No.

What I'm saying is you could build a working stadium anywhere available within budget. No need for everyone to dissect that.

At a smaller capacity and a basic stadium that won't make the club as much money as Kingsford is set to do.

If that's your point, you're correct. But it doesn't make much sense.

See this is where you expose yourself, you've got a panny name and you think you're clever, this is Aberdeen everyone knows someone hence why I get nice bits of information, you'll find that if I post something it's because I can either back it up or it's came from a good source unlike you, you bedwetting nonce.

Back it up then expert.

You haven't said anything more about the "shambles" you talked about. What is it?

You must realise that the bedwetting cunt is you. You must surely. I know you do.

If I were you I'd stick to twitter. It more suits a know nothing mouthpiece like yourself because it's obvious that when you try and write more than 1 sentence you make a complete fool of yourself.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't doubt that ksl.

Should make parking and travel to Kingsford easier in time as well.

Back it up then expert.

You haven't said anything more about the "shambles" you talked about. What is it?

You must realise that the bedwetting cunt is you. You must surely. I know you do.

If I were you I'd stick to twitter. It more suits a know nothing mouthpiece like yourself because it's obvious that when you try and write more than 1 sentence you make a complete fool of yourself.

Haha I'm the mouthpiece, m9 you've been coming the cunt on here for a little over a year now trying to give off the impression that you know something when you clearly don't, I could easily post what I know but it could cause issues for my source as it would be easy to work out once posted.

• Upvote 1

It took six months to build, from February to August. That's a significant loss of income, especially if one of the stands was the main stand.

And of course, it isn't even possible without extending the footprint anyway, which if they did would mean likely two stands would need to be knocked down at once in order to extend both the length of the pitch (due to current sight lines in the RDS) and width.

Possible? Maybe. Cheaper than Kingsford? No.

At a smaller capacity and a basic stadium that won't make the club as much money as Kingsford is set to do.

If that's your point, you're correct. But it doesn't make much sense.

I agree with the parts in bold.

It's certainly a harder option than buying a city centre site if one was available and building such a stadium. In my opinion everyone would have been fine with that. I was playing devil's advocate at the club's claims nothing else is financially viable. Of course we couldn't build a £40m stadium where we can't afford it. You'd build a cheaper stadium not not build one. But they can't build a cheap stadium at Kingsford now, even if we can't afford it.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the parts in bold.

It's certainly a harder option than buying a city centre site if one was available and building such a stadium. In my opinion everyone would have been fine with that. I was playing devil's advocate at the club's claims nothing else is financially viable. Of course we couldn't build a £40m stadium where we can't afford it. You'd build a cheaper stadium not not build one. But they can't build a cheap stadium at Kingsford now, even if we can't afford it.

With what? Building a basic city centre stadium? I wouldn't.

I'd prefer a city centre stadium over an out of town one if that was the two choices on offer and both stadiums were identical.

But the choice of what we're planning to build at Kingford, or the current Pittodrie/basic stadium on same site - I'd take Kingsford.

I do think the club would be quietly relieved if the council were to approach them after the training facilities were built and discussed trying to keep the actual stadium in the city centre, with the offer of financial help. The council would need to have some councillors who are forward thinking though, who could see spending some of the city region deal would help the city centre, but unfortunately they've got idiots like Claire Imrie with her "wolf whistle insurance".

I do think the club would be quietly relieved if the council were to approach them after the training facilities were built and discussed trying to keep the actual stadium in the city centre, with the offer of financial help. The council would need to have some councillors who are forward thinking though, who could see spending some of the city region deal would help the city centre, but unfortunately they've got idiots like Claire Imrie with her "wolf whistle insurance".

I doubt that. If the chairman was offered sufficient land for a stadium in the city centre for free I'm sure he'd still want to build it at Kingsford. It's really the ultimate completely sanitised corporate friendly location.

Guest RosemountRed

Really desperate, that's the fourth request recently for more funds.

Whilst work commences and more work vehicles arrive.

Guest RosemountRed

When does the 90 day period finish for the WANKS to raise their objection?

"THE REAL BATTLE HAS JUST BEGUN" - sounding more and more unhinged as every press release appears.