Post Split Fixtures Discussion

I actually think the whole debacle is disgusting and a kick in the face to well behaved, paying football fans. Why the fuck should the many suffer because of the few. The SPFL are trying to FIX the fixtures so that Celtic dont win the league against Rangers and its an absolute joke. All this does is make a whole mockery of the competition and the fans that pay to see it.

I actually think the whole debacle is disgusting and a kick in the face to well behaved, paying football fans. Why the fuck should the many suffer because of the few. The SPFL are trying to FIX the fixtures so that Celtic dont win the league against Rangers and its an absolute joke. All this does is make a whole mockery of the competition and the fans that pay to see it.

I agree... but this is actually the whole reason why we have the split in the first place. It was only introduced after the infamous 1999 Celtic Park match when Hugh Dallas got hit by a coin, precisely because it allows the authorities to tinker with the fixtures to avoid a potential league decider between the arsecheeks.

Scottish football... never knowingly sensible.

I agree... but this is actually the whole reason why we have the split in the first place. It was only introduced after the infamous 1999 Celtic Park match when Hugh Dallas got hit by a coin, precisely because it allows the authorities to tinker with the fixtures to avoid a potential league decider between the arsecheeks.

What a fucked up 'competition'

You know it's the police that refuse to police it which us why it doesn't happen and not an SPFL ruling, yeah?

Not sure they actually refuse do they? I think they've asked for it to be avoided due to the issues.

The way I see it that should be for Rangers and Celtic to sort out - not for everyone else to dance to the tune of 2 clubs.

Let the Police bring in extra officers and bill the full cost to the 2 teams involved.

REALLY?

They can just refuse to do it?

shiiiiite!

The police can in theory refuse to police any event they want and that would of course cause an event to be cancelled. However they will not refuse to police the old firm game the same way they didn't last year when it was on a Saturday after they fought for it to be moved to the sunday but SKY refused.

You would have thought they would want a title decider between their two 'greatest assets'...it maybe explains why they keep meeting each other in semi finals and not in the final !! There must be some huge pressure behind the scenes to avoid potential clashes between both teams, hence this debacle. They have already stopped late kick-offs between the two of them.

I just think the whole thing stinks and once again, the talking points in our game revolve around these fucking two. Sick to back teeth of it.

I hope the huns play celtic for the decider and the trouble that will ensue if the smellys win the league. Bring the erse cheeks down and the corrupt sfa with them. Round them up put them in a field and bomb the basturts I say.

Sorry can't let this one go else my 950 million posts to the sevco thread will have been in vain. If liquidation doesn't rid us of one cheek what exactly do you contemplate happening that "brings them down" exactly?

On a slightly different note if a team gets 3 home games against one club then the gate receipts for the third game should be split 50/50.

Not sure that will always work. Look at Killie going to sevco for a third time, both will end up with 19 home and 19 away games. Much as though I would love sevco to have to give away cash they can't afford, why should Killie get gate money for 19.5 games?

Not sure that will always work. Look at Killie going to sevco for a third time, both will end up with 19 home and 19 away games. Much as though I would love sevco to have to give away cash they can't afford, why should Killie get gate money for 19.5 games?

Fair point. Halfed if theres a 20/18 then.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Huns have had 2 home games against each of the top 6 teams.

So in theory they should not have a single home game remaining.

A cynical person may conclude that there was a desire to give them plenty of home games just to ensure they were well placed going into the split.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Huns have had 2 home games against each of the top 6 teams.

So in theory they should not have a single home game remaining.

A cynical person may conclude that there was a desire to give them plenty of home games just to ensure they were well placed going into the split.

Are you from the east end of Glasgow by any chance?