Post Split Fixtures Discussion

Rangers' home form is pish, it's not an advantage for them to have more home games just now

Fair comment, but still sticks out as a bit odd and home games would still generally be classed as an advantage.

I also take the point about predicting the top 6, but for the other 5 teams to be largely unaffected and the Huns t have 10 at home, something just seems iffy.

I'm probably crediting the logicians at the SFA with a bit much skill to orchestrate that mind you.

I hate the split. It should be scrapped. Set out the fixtures at the start of the season like most leagues do, then the cops won't be able to threaten not to police games and force the SPFL to arrange fixtures to suit them. The entire set-up in Scottish football is a complete joke and is broken almost beyond repair.

• Upvote 1

If you look at the table/stats with just games against the top 6 included.

Rangers with 10 home games in the first phase and everyone else 7?

That's fucking bizarre!!!

Not bizarre really when you see the SPFL board.

It was clearly arranged to ensure they got bigger games in early to aid with their finances & of course to give them an advantage in terms of post split as has happened because anyone could have predicted at least five of the top six sides really.

Rangers' home form is pish, it's not an advantage for them to have more home games just now

Fair comment, but still sticks out as a bit odd and home games would still generally be classed as an advantage.

I also take the point about predicting the top 6, but for the other 5 teams to be largely unaffected and the Huns t have 10 at home, something just seems iffy.

I'm probably crediting the logicians at the SFA with a bit much skill to orchestrate that mind you.

They made the fixtures before their shite home form was evident

The fixture list was blatantly weighted in their favour. Only a fool would deny this.

It was clearly arranged to ensure they got bigger games in early to aid with their finances & of course to give them an advantage in terms of post split as has happened because anyone could have predicted at least five of the top six sides really.

The fixture list was blatantly weighted in their favour. Only a fool would deny this.

MT be along in a short while.......

• Upvote 3

MT be along in a short while.......

Meanwhile over some shithole in Glasgow

Am13D.png

• Upvote 1

According to this, celtic away to Hibs next friday ..........with us visiting Parkheed on Tuesday May 8th

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2457515/celtic-rangers-old-firm-split-fixtures-game/

IF you assume this is correct

and IF Celtic/Rangers are never at home on the same gameweek

then our fixtures as follows:

Home to Hearts

Home to Hibs

Away to Killie

Away to Celtic

Home to sevco

In the original fixtures I am assured we were supposed to have sevco midweek up at pittodrie but its looking increasingly likely we will now have to travel to face celtic midweek. Albeit after they've won the title so hopefully will lie down to us.

moved for tv blackout rules? clash with uefa matches?

IF you assume this is correct

and IF Celtic/Rangers are never at home on the same gameweek

then our fixtures as follows:

Home to Hearts

Home to Hibs

Away to Killie

Away to Celtic

Home to sevco

Aberdeen Post Split Fixtures

Sat 21/4 Kilmarnock v Aberdeen 3pm

Fri 27/4 Aberdeen v Hearts 7.45pm (BT Sport)

Sat 5/5 Aberdeen v Hibs 3pm

Tues 8/5 Aberdeen v Zombies 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Sun 13/5 Celtic v Aberdeen 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

Classic Tord ;)

• Upvote 1