The Mckenna Dilemma

Mulgrew knows that the only thing keeping him in the side is our desperation for defenders & need for experience.

He fears that the likes of McKenna & Souttar are BOTH capable of ousting him on playing abilities if truth be told.

There are fewer chances for him to be shoehorned into midfield so his only realistic hopes of staying in the side is in a three

Mulgrew knows that the only thing keeping him in the side is our desperation for defenders & need for experience.

He fears that the likes of McKenna & Souttar are BOTH capable of ousting him on playing abilities if truth be told.

There are fewer chances for him to be shoehorned into midfield so his only realistic hopes of staying in the side is in a three

Ok

Well it looks like it'll continue as a 3 for now anyway and I'd assume only one of those will be deemed to need an old head- sensibly that would be the central CB of the 3.

We won't put a left footer on the right.

So McKenna appears to be in direct conflict with Tierney for now.

Ok

Well it looks like it'll continue as a 3 for now anyway and I'd assume only one of those will be deemed to need an old head- sensibly that would be the central CB of the 3.

So basically McKenna is fkd as only Patterson in a four, or Tierney on left 'third' in a three are going to put Souttar out really

Ok

He'll just move Tierney to right wing back. He's having problems finding someone to fill that role.

He's not going to change his formation. He's made his mind up. The players will be shoe horned in to fit the system rather than a system chosen to get the best out of our players.

His little hissy fit of defiance after the Albania win showed where his mind is at.

So basically McKenna is fkd as only Patterson in a four, or Tierney on left 'third' in a three are going to put Souttar out really

McKenna is a better centre half than glass chin and he's far superior to that fat beaut Souttar.

Pretty confident he'll be straight back in if his form is as good as before the injury.

Could see big moves for both McKenna & Souttar in January.

Won't be long until the arse cheeks are trying to unsettle Souttar at Hearts by 'accidentally' leaking an interest to the media that they want him.

Especially now that they can't afford McKenna.

Hearts hopefully the next side to tell them to GTF lol

They play the huns at the start of October, I expect some paper talk in a fortnight or so.

• Upvote 1

So....if we got decent big bucks for McKenna....let's say 15 to 20 mill.

Would we trust the manager to spend that wisely, or would it be spunked.

That's a lot of coin. The right move is to make the transfer at that price, and if the manager can't make the team better he shouldn't be the manager. If McKenna moves during the winter transfer window that leaves a big opening with two center backs out long term. 

From my view a prospect like Auston Trusty would make a lot of sense. He's a homegrown player recently promoted from the USL to the Philadelphia Union. He has the potential to be a key defender for the US National Team in the future. His speed for a center back (his size) surprises me. According to all the reports his contract (80k to 110k USD a year depending on the source) is up this winter. I'm sure in fifa 19 he should get a big upgrade. So in theory clubs could talk pre contract with him now.

Seeing a more worldly roster could have benefits. I couldn't imagine the NBA with just domestic talent. A move like this could be good for all involved including the USA National Team in a few years. 

That's a lot of coin. The right move is to make the transfer at that price, and if the manager can't make the team better he shouldn't be the manager. If McKenna moves during the winter transfer window that leaves a big opening with two center backs out long term.

From my view a prospect like Auston Trusty would make a lot of sense. He's a homegrown player recently promoted from the USL to the Philadelphia Union. He has the potential to be a key defender for the US National Team in the future. His speed for a center back (his size) surprises me. According to all the reports his contract (80k to 110k USD a year depending on the source) is up this winter. I'm sure in fifa 19 he should get a big upgrade. So in theory clubs could talk pre contract with him now.

Seeing a more worldly roster could have benefits. I couldn't imagine the NBA with just domestic talent. A move like this could be good for all involved including the USA National Team in a few years.

Eh made a move for him in Footballl Manager based on your recommendation. Cunt knocked me back claiming the Norwegian Second Division was beneath him.

He needs to fix that attitude.

• Upvote 4