Graeme Shinnie.....

6 hours ago, old sheep said:

We will probably never know the real reason why Shinnie was left on the bench last night. No doubt it cost us the game and Goodwin his job. 

If losing to DARVEL doesn’t lead to his sacking their’s a greater malaise @ our club than feared. Can not believe he is still in post come midnight night after. 

17 hours ago, old sheep said:

We will probably never know the real reason why Shinnie was left on the bench last night. No doubt it cost us the game and Goodwin his job. 

He was dropped.

Was supposed to start but challenged Goodwin on his team selection saying he should be picking his strongest team to start with. Playing the likes of Myslovic for his first start in that type of fixture was a mistake. Hayes backed him up.

He was dropped because of Goodwins ego.

18 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He was dropped.

Was supposed to start but challenged Goodwin on his team selection saying he should be picking his strongest team to start with. Playing the likes of Myslovic for his first start in that type of fixture was a mistake. Hayes backed him up.

Sounds unlikely based on what we’ve now heard but who knows.

20 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He was dropped.

Surely SHhnnie starting would be picking strongest team?

File under things that are made up.

11 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Exactly

It's one of the things that's the worst about on here

One person makes up crap and all of a sudden people are passing it off as fact

I've got a great instinct for things like this and from now on, will help you all out by letting you know what's true or not

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, RUL said:

Sounds unlikely based on what we’ve now heard but who knows.

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Exactly

I've got a great instinct for things like this and from now on, will help you all out by letting you know what's true or not

Don't shoot the messenger. 

I just passed on what I was told from someone who has told me stuff in the past and it's come to pass.

Anyway, we should've been beating this lot regardless if Shinnie was in the team or not.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Exactly

I still don’t understand why shinnie wasn’t brought on at half time? Bizarre 

7 minutes ago, RUL said:

I still don’t understand why shinnie wasn’t brought on at half time? Bizarre 

That, and why he was on the bench in the first place, are the first things that Goodwin needs to come clean about at the press conference today/tomorrow. A bit of honesty after all this week’s bullshit is badly needed.

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Shinnie has been dead on his feet the last few games with cramp ie a prime candidate for injury

Maybe so, but he should at least have been brought on when we were in such dire straights, otherwise no point having him on the bench.

I hope someone asks Goodwin the question, but I suspect the press conference will be steered firmly towards the game on Saturday rather than on what's happened earlier in the week. Will be interesting to hear what garbage Goodspin comes out with.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Maybe so, but he should at least have been brought on when we were in such dire straights, otherwise no point having him on the bench.

I hope someone asks Goodwin the question, but I suspect the press conference will be steered firmly towards the game on Saturday rather than on what's happened earlier in the week. Will be interesting to hear what garbage Goodspin comes out with.

If Shinnie wasn't fit to play any part of the match, he shouldn't even have travelled down with the team, far less be named as a substitute.

But assuming he was maybe assessed by the physio's to only be able to play a partial role.....it was clear pretty much from 10 minutes in that something was badly wrong with the side that Goodwin sent out. And at half time, a goal down it was clear that the team needed both someone to provide the leadership on the park that Stewart clearly wasn't, and someone with the ability to drive the team forward and get an equaliser. 

Still Goodwin didn't bring him on. Ok, with 20 minutes left and now entering panic stations mode, surely now you bring him on? Nope. Left to fester on the bench as the biggest embarrassment in Scottish football history result wise plays out live on TV for everyone bar our support's amusement.

And in the days since, no explanation as to why. If he had injured himself in the warm up then it would have made sense to just say this. But the total silence leads me to believe that something did happen between Goodwin and Shinnie. And that Goodwin has been "advised" to say SFA about the whole fiasco. 

• Upvote 11
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

One of my pals told me the junkie cunt Darvel manager said Shinnie was doing his runs after the game. He was fit. 

Shinnie was out on the pitch after the game while the rest of the team & coaching staff were in the dressing room. Seems odd to me that he'd not be in there and part of whatever discussion was going on.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Shinnie coming in with his ego and disrupting the team, be as well cancel the loan.

It didnt seem like a Goodwin signing at the time as shinnie is a strong character. It seemed like this was 1 of the reasons Brown got shown the door. All speculation but Goodwin seems the type who likes to be in control of everything. We have little to no leaders on the pitch now. This is a massive issue. Hypothetically speaking if Scott Brown plays on Monday night we dont lose the game its as simple as that. Similar could probably be said for Shinnie.

• Upvote 3