Graeme Shinnie.....

25% win rate in league this season already 1/3 way through season. 13 points from 36 available so far. That is relegation form/stats or play off at best if he continues as is. It’s brutal. We’re relying on hope in ‘law of averages’ that he can improve on it slightly for a ‘safe’ season or maybe ‘top six’ 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

25% win rate in league this season already 1/3 way through season. 13 points from 36 available so far. That is relegation form/stats or play off at best if he continues as is. It’s brutal. We’re relying on hope in ‘law of averages’ that he can improve on it slightly for a ‘safe’ season or maybe ‘top six’ 

Surely skewed by the fact we’ve had so many away games and our away form has been shitty for years. Win the games in hand and we’re right back in it ( yes I know we lost to Hibs and drew with St J at home, I was there).

1 hour ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

Surely skewed by the fact we’ve had so many away games and our away form has been shitty for years. Win the games in hand and we’re right back in it ( yes I know we lost to Hibs and drew with St J at home, I was there).

And don't forget no more traveling across Europe, more time together on the training ground, new manager bounce 🤞

18 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

It’s not skewed by anything other than lack of quality 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Do we have a consensus now that Shinnie is done, and in actual fact, was last January when he returned?

Careful with the revisionism though.  We were desperate for on field leadership not least as the off field version had gone south.  Also, at that time, no one saw Barron progress the way he seems to have, contract shenanigans not with standing.

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Careful with the revisionism though.  We were desperate for on field leadership not least as the off field version had gone south.  Also, at that time, no one saw Barron progress the way he seems to have, contract shenanigans not with standing.

Revisionism? Are you suggesting I haven’t been consistent regarding Shinnie since Jan?

Just now, Waycross Don said:

Nothing personal against the guy whom seems to always give his all.

But lets face it he is no longer good enough for our fine club.

The fact he could not command a starting place at Wigan in the lower reaches of English third tier should have been the deterent to re-sign him no doubt on crazy terms.

Yesterdays man and there is no coming back from todays shocking performance.

He to be fair will know this within himself.

Totally agree. Why would any Aberdeen fan have anything personal against a guy who has put his heart and soul into the club over many seasons?

Time waits for no man. 

ICT awaits you, Graeme, maybe your true spiritual home.

I think the criticism of Shinnie is well OTT, he's clearly not the same player he was before he left but if used correctly he can still play an important role. 

Who else was putting their foot in and at least making tackles and breaking up play? I get that's not Clarkson or McGraths game but there's a massive Ramadani shaped hole in the middle of the park and Shinnie is being exposed in the system Robson insists on playing him in. Huge shouts for Polvara to come in and replace him pre match and similarly reading back in the match thread yet Polvara was directly responsible for shiteing out of the tackle that led to Barasic crossing for the goal. If that had been Shinnie he'd be getting crucified.

Similarly for all that Hayes is clearly past it, it was only after he went off that Tavernier found that space in the box when McGarry got sucked in to the ball and left him completely free. For me, the issue is the ginger lesbian teuchter in the dugout not Shinnie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Do we have a consensus now that Shinnie is done, and in actual fact, was last January when he returned?

I'm not writing Shinnie off yet. For me he's being criminally misused. Shinnie running about a madman is just stupid, he's better than that.

Robson is also using Clarkson wrong.

That said, and seeing what I've seen over the last few weeks I believe our strongest midfield if we must play the formation we do is Barron, Polvara and McGrath.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

I'm not writing Shinnie off yet. For me he's being criminally misused. Shinnie running about a madman is just stupid, he's better than that.

That said, and seeing what I've seen over the last few weeks I believe our strongest midfield if we must play the formation we do is Barron, Polvara and McGrath.

Criminal misuse of the players at his disposal.

That said i wouldn't have Barron anywhere near the starting line up unless he signs a new deal or at worst, inks a pre-contract for a team in another country.

If the rumours are true regards him joining the Huns, i'd stick him in the club shop between now and the end of the season.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Spot on. The players are absolved of blame, it’s clearly the mong in the dugouts doing 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

That said i wouldn't have Barron anywhere near the starting line up unless he signs a new deal or at worst, inks a pre-contract for a team in another country.

If the rumours are true regards him joining the Huns, i'd stick him in the club shop between now and the end of the season.

Can't disagree with the bit in bold.

29 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

If he’s joining one of the ugly sisters he should be hung drawn and quartered. Otherwise he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

We’re not exactly in the position where we can get away with not playing our best players just because they haven’t signed a new contract.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Shinnie has definitely regressed as a player and lost a few yards but Robson is using him totally wrong, there's still a part for him to play though, ideally under a new manager who doesn't have him running about like a clown

He's been a loyal servant to the club but his game has always (mostly) been about graft. In the SPFL and EFL, that has more than made up for his average technical abilities. The issue is that the ability to graft is underpinned by stamina and 'nippiness', which he appears to have lost. Attempting to graft without the stamina to do so properly has and will continue to expose us against good passing teams with runners. This happened in the 2nd half. He left his man to press Barisic (I think) on the left wing and didn't get any where near close enough to pressure him into a mistake / backwards pass. This left Barisic with a simple pass to the open man who drove into the box.

His time in that role is definitely up but I'm left wondering how else he can be used? And if we did use him differently, would he outperform our alternatives? I think our options in midfield are all technically superior.

I loved him in his day, but his day has been and gone.