Graeme Shinnie.....

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Don't think I said the club knew back then however he'll have been scouted before the end of the season so club definitely knew early enough that there was interest.  All the shit they said during the summer before he went was just daft though, especially Robson claiming he was easily replaced.

What I will say as well, had he stayed we still should have had one new player signed that was similar to him and Shinnie, complete failure from the club.

I was sure you said in one thread club knew he was going months before but if you didn’t my mistake and I apologise. 
If he stayed there is no way we needed another player like him or shinnie, it’s an attacking midfielder we need 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Interesting that he now plays every game for Verona in Serie A and every game for his country (who have qualified for the euros). 

He plays for lecce who are one of the poorer team in the league. That doesn’t make him good

6 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

No but he or a similar player would have been very useful this season.Its not like he's gone off to some lower league team.He is playing in serie a every week and has picked up some motm awards too.

If we signed a replacement for him he needed to be better not, Liam Henderson played lots of games in serie A doesn’t mean he’s good

16 hours ago, Russell said:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Thurso reminding everybody how shite and overrated Ramadani was in some random thread.

I don't think Ramadani was shite but the fawning over him is a tad over the top. Would he make a difference to the current team? Wouldn't be difficult. Significant difference? No. I never came away from many games thinking we had a game changer in Ramadani. Thurso and others obviously think the same. Either way, he was a decent player but should "have" been replaced. I think we were caught with our pants down when the possible replacements turned us down and there in lies the problem.

On 11/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, Don_Corleone said:

He wanted to go, and at the time most of us on here were thinking over £1m for him was decent business. In hindsight it seems he was worth much more to the team than that, and fulfilled a bigger role in the team than most of us realised.

The midfielders we currently have are all decent - Shinnie can put in a great performance every now and again but not consistently any more... Barron has been very good, Polvara has stepped up and is a viable option, McGrath has been very good, and Clarkson is an excellent player who's not quite got into the groove this season.

It's a different balance to last season though and it seems that to play the way Robson wants to play we really need last season's balance with two pressing midfielders running around turning the ball over (as Ramadani and Shinnie did last season) and one who can play incisive passes (Clarkson last season).

With the midfielders we've got, a different style is needed - a more possession based style would suit the players we have as Polvara, Clarkson, Barron and McGrath are technically very good and have the ability to keep the ball and play through teams. We're still trying this predominantly counter attack approach which relies on us winning the ball in key areas and playing forward more directly which doesn't really suit the guys we've got, or an ageing Shinnie. That's my take anyway...

Agree with some of that.I think having Ramadani in the team helped Clarkson a lot.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

On the training pitch I see

That's one less excuse Robson can use on sunday

Would've been cold. 

First time some of these boys have met eachother in the snow. 

50000 shots against hacken. 

We'll be a right good team when we get going. 

Never mind the fact we're fucking 10th in December lol

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, thurso said:

No it’s not accurate.

I don’t actually hate him I just didn’t think he was very good and no way should have played nearly every game last season.

I thought he wasn’t very good long before mini said on here the club had 4 months to find his replacement as they knew he was going back in January/February time.  

So you knew he was leaving just after last Christmas because someone on here, that you generally disagree with everything they say, said he was? 

6 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Not really..just think he should be given a decent chance.And some on here wanted him replaced with the likes of Mackay or Kettlewell just a month or so ago..

Nope, they didn't. But even if they did, it isn't them that pick the next manager. 

he's been given plenty of time. Game after game, he plays the same ineffective tactics...and fails 

2 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

So you knew he was leaving just after last Christmas because someone on here, that you generally disagree with everything they say, said he was? 

I don’t know where you get I disagree with everything he says.

The only thing I really disagree with him on is his views of shinnie and mine of ramadani. I agree on a good few things he says and have different views on others, probably like most other people on here.