Graeme Shinnie.....

8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I'm not writing Shinnie off yet. For me he's being criminally misused. Shinnie running about a madman is just stupid, he's better than that.

Robson is also using Clarkson wrong.

That said, and seeing what I've seen over the last few weeks I believe our strongest midfield if we must play the formation we do is Barron, Polvara and McGrath.

Agree with that, Shinnie did relatively well last year as he has Ramadani running around for him

Sooner we punt Robson the better

41 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Shame he couldn’t control or pass a ball. Or keep up with their midfield yesterday. But aye, he shouted at the ref.

There was a point deep in the second half when he broke into the box, put in a decent cross, then won the ball back with a great tackle after they cleared it and then won a free kick after they subsequently fouled him. If that had been another player eg polvara we would’ve been raving about his magnificent  work ethic and engine. I genuinely don’t get this argument that he’s done. He was not the issue yesterday. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, elephantstone78 said:

There was a point deep in the second half when he broke into the box, put in a decent cross, then won the ball back with a great tackle after they cleared it and then won a free kick after they subsequently fouled him. If that had been another player eg polvara we would’ve been raving about his magnificent  work ethic and engine. I genuinely don’t get this argument that he’s done. He was not the issue yesterday. 

He was the issue but was part of the problem...

11 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

There was also the time where he lost 3 yards on cantwell in the space of 5 yards. Looked like he was running backwards

Shinnie is a hero of mine, I have always respected him and he is a prime example of the player mentality you want at a club. Im not sure he is completely done, he is only 32 FFS, but he needs rested and he cant play every game, that is clear. Even after a rest on Thursday, he looked leggy as fuck and with the mentality he has, will likely be much later into tackles and risk getting booked/sent off. Some fans yesterday were OTT with their reactions to him, I actually dont even blame him that much. Its Robson who persists in thinking he can play every game.

As said, the kind of guy you want in your squad, but not necessarily a first team player at the moment. At 32, he just needs to get his fitness up which is clearly lacking at the moment. A few games on the side lines wont hurt him or us. 

17 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

Shinnie is a hero of mine, I have always respected him and he is a prime example of the player mentality you want at a club. Im not sure he is completely done, he is only 32 FFS, but he needs rested and he cant play every game, that is clear. Even after a rest on Thursday, he looked leggy as fuck and with the mentality he has, will likely be much later into tackles and risk getting booked/sent off. Some fans yesterday were OTT with their reactions to him, I actually dont even blame him that much. Its Robson who persists in thinking he can play every game.

As said, the kind of guy you want in your squad, but not necessarily a first team player at the moment. At 32, he just needs to get his fitness up which is clearly lacking at the moment. A few games on the side lines wont hurt him or us. 

Your post is really unclear.
 He isn’t fit enough to play every game but as you acknowledge yourself, he didn’t play Thursday and still looked slow/knackered. Physically he looks goosed as does hayes. 

20 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

Think you are contradicting yourself there, maybe twice or 3 times, in an attempt to justify the great man’s future inclusion.

First of all, I love his attitude, his will to win, his leadership qualities etc etc. but you have to admit he’s nothing like the Graeme Shinnie of 2015-19.

However, you said he shouldn’t play every game. He doesn’t, yet was still off it yesterday. And he gets regularly subbed off after 60 mins. How does he get fit then?

Is he carrying an injury? That might explain his lack of sharpness 

47 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

His decline this season has been remarkable. Big part of us getting 3rd when he came on loan in January but totally looks past it now. Would far rather have Barron or Polvara in his place.

I respectfully disagree, esp about Barron. To me he’s a nothing player prone to giving the ball away when trying be too cute with it in his own half and he can’t tackle to save his life. Polvara can look good on his day but disappears from games all too often. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

I respectfully disagree, esp about Barron. To me he’s a nothing player prone to giving the ball away when trying be too cute with it in his own half and he can’t tackle to save his life. Polvara can look good on his day but disappears from games all too often. 

Both are still better options than Shinnie though.