Graeme Shinnie.....

On 4/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, styrofoamplates said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/04/21/appeal-to-re-hear-graeme-shinnie-case-dismissed/

Following our request to the Scottish FA for Graeme Shinnie’s appeal to be re-heard by a freshly constituted fast track tribunal, we have been informed that this has been dismissed.

We now have no further recourse, so Graeme will miss the next four Scottish Premiership matches.

We have taken the temperature of several Premiership clubs and will now pro-actively work with clubs and the Scottish FA to bring about sensible and positive governance changes for the benefit of Scottish football.

Supporters, the lifeblood of our game, deserve to see a consistency and transparency in decision-making. Aberdeen FC is ready to play its part in a constructive and timely manner.

I keep saying this but if AFC actually want to change things they really need to push this sort of thing hard.

Get together with likeminded clubs and demand a professional refereeing service, when the SFA suggest it's too expensive tell them to scrap VAR, sack a couple of useless blazer nobs and get their priorities right.

How can you have professional football refereed by amateurs? Amateurs who are held to almost no standard of integrity at all.

All very well saying Aberdeen should try and rally other clubs to collectively force through change, but what happened to last season’s Cormack led challenge to the establishment, to try and get a better and more equatable Tv deal? Did that just falter and then fritter away?

Need to go studs up here, if you pardon the pun, and take this all the way

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

All very well saying Aberdeen should try and rally other clubs to collectively force through change, but what happened to last season’s Cormack led challenge to the establishment, to try and get a better and more equatable Tv deal? Did that just falter and then fritter away?

Need to go studs up here, if you pardon the pun, and take this all the way

There seems to be a wee cartel with the clubs that have an American interest. 

But it doesn't seem to have gathered any momentum beyond that yet. 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Looked the same as Shinnies tackle.The momentum made it look a lot worse than it was.

Hibs to make a frivolous appeal?

Thing that pisses me off rgds Shinnie ‘tackle’ is he’s not even studs up when he kicks ball away. If it was an actual ‘studs up’ attempted ‘block’ it’s a fair argument but it’s county player that’s second in an attempting the ‘block’ cos he’s in late. Shinnie had every right as first to ball. County player is only one that should have considered ‘pulling out’ & he was the one being reckless 

Stuart Dougal can gtf with his ‘we need to move with the times’ BS & his VAR loving pish

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Looked the same as Shinnies tackle.The momentum made it look a lot worse than it was.

Hibs to make a frivolous appeal?

Their manager said post match that they'll need to assess it through fear that an appeal could increase the ban. I mean fuck Hibs but it's still ridiculous that we're in a situation like that.

10 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Their manager said post match that they'll need to assess it through fear that an appeal could increase the ban. I mean fuck Hibs but it's still ridiculous that we're in a situation like that.

I didn't see his interview, but good if that is what he said. So he, the Motherwell manager and even the Hun manager have been critical of the setup. SFA are fucking awful, they really do hold the club game in Scotland back 

36 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thing that pisses me off rgds Shinnie ‘tackle’ is he’s not even studs up when he kicks ball away. If it was an actual ‘studs up’ attempted ‘block’ it’s a fair argument but it’s county player that’s second in an attempting the ‘block’ cos he’s in late. Shinnie had every right as first to ball. County player is only one that should have considered ‘pulling out’ & he was the one being reckless 

Stuart Dougal can gtf with his ‘we need to move with the times’ BS & his VAR loving pish

It's so easy to get a player sent off now that they've set the precedent. 

All you have to do if an opponent goes to ground is get yourself on the end of his foot after the ball has been played. You don't even have to go in for the ball. 

Players will be doing this all the time now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, JojoJuan said:

I didn't see his interview, but good if that is what he said. So he, the Motherwell manager and even the Hun manager have been critical of the setup. SFA are fucking awful, they really do hold the club game in Scotland back 

Aye it seems to have been met in widespread agreement that even if you think it was a red, the SFA's reaction to the appeal is unnecessary.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, Millertime said:

See, I think the Hibs one was a definite red and worse than Shinnies

Am I alone in that thinking?

Strange how people see things differently 

I thought neither was a red card. But if the Shinnie case was dismissed and had a game added the same outcome should have applied to the Hibs player. Poor decisions are bad enough but lack of any consistency in the appeals process is even worse. 

• Upvote 3
39 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I wonder what Stuart Dougal will say. He thought that it was a red, and that all the pundits and players don't know the rules. Hope someone asks him.

Dougal bends his interpretation of the rules to justify whatever decision VAR has taken. If Shinnie and the Hibs boy were only booked he would read the same rules and say VAR had done its job. Total waste of time listening to him.

Same justification for saying VAR wouldn’t overrule a decision if a ref had made it but wouldn’t necessarily flag something as an issue, which seems bonkers as surely something is either foul play or not. 

• Upvote 1

The fix is in. They don’t even try to hide it these days. Spineless blue nose cunts. It’s a parochial little social club of an organization with funny hand shakes and anti-Aberdeen sentiment through and through. If you ever sit and talk to an Aberdeen supporting journalist and they’re honest enough to say what the atmosphere in the press box is like it mirrors the truth of the SFA. They don’t like us. They take any and every opportunity to stick the boot in because the thin veil of impartiality doesn’t even really need to be there in this country. The establishment is a self fulfilling prophecy of the immortal love in for all things Rangers and Celtic. We’re just here to make up the numbers and if you don’t like it we’ll punish you for saying so. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Absolutely piss poor. As has been said, his studs were up, he was out of control and made contact with McLennon. Now if that has been overturned, how the hell wasn't  Shinnie's.

SFA bawbags. Fergie was right. Central belt bias.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Both were never red cards 

1 hour ago, G man said:

I thought neither was a red card. But if the Shinnie case was dismissed and had a game added the same outcome should have applied to the Hibs player. Poor decisions are bad enough but lack of any consistency in the appeals process is even worse. 

The SFA don’t use the principle of precedent. 

Just because they made a clusterfuck of the Shinnie incident, they made the right decision today.