Graeme Shinnie.....

Think the Shinnie signing - out of all the loanees we had - was always the most obvious to happen in as much as he wanted to come back and Wigan were in a shit state.

Locking in that midfield of Shinnie, Rama and Clarkson is key although I'd be keen for another experienced, attack minded player to be signed. Vital we have a core of 4 or 5 equally talented and energetic players on the bench each week both to provide competition but also in case Shinnie has another pile driver of a tackle or we get injuries.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Think the Shinnie signing - out of all the loanees we had - was always the most obvious to happen in as much as he wanted to come back and Wigan were in a shit state.

Locking in that midfield of Shinnie, Rama and Clarkson is key although I'd be keen for another experienced, attack minded player to be signed. Vital we have a core of 4 or 5 equally talented and energetic players on the bench each week both to provide competition but also in case Shinnie has another pile driver of a tackle or we get injuries.

If we want to push on Ramadani is simply not good enough. Ok for St Mirren at home, would be exposed badly in Europe.

• Dildo 7
7 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

4 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

If we want to push on Ramadani is simply not good enough. Ok for St Mirren at home, would be exposed badly in Europe.

A quality first pick attacking midfielder would be very nice to complete the midfield and then go with 3 from New guy, Shinnie, Clarkson and Rama every game with Barron and Polvara in reserve for the first half of the season.

If we get Shinnie over the line then we have time on our side to get that special player as we have the other 5 already well settled in to the squad and ok to start the season.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

A quality first pick attacking midfielder would be very nice to complete the midfield and then go with 3 from New guy, Shinnie, Clarkson and Rama every game with Barron and Polvara in reserve for the first half of the season.

If we get Shinnie over the line then we have time on our side to get that special player as we have the other 5 already well settled in to the squad and ok to start the season.

Tonio Teklic ideally.

17 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

We have to be realistic in what we can afford though. We're not gonna get a McGregor type midfielder are we. Rama gives you a 7 each week, and stays free of injury. He's also passionate about his football and is still improving in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

But he does play international football... i think he does a job, not saying he's outstanding but for an SPFL club he's effective and you need to remember last season he had barron and clarkson in there with him who are still learning the game

Some wild takes on here. Ramadani is fine

28 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Tonio Teklic ideally.

Follow the fortunes of NK Varaždin closely? 

Lets be honest we don’t have a fucking clue if he’s good. Bar some Croat journo on twitter and a few flashy reels on YouTube.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Would rather get rid of Barron, showed fuck all last season and can’t see that changing this coming season

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Would rather get rid of Barron, showed fuck all last season and can’t see that changing this coming season

Happy to take cash for Barron or Polvara if anyone is stupid enough to offer. Backfill with anyone but we need those sorts of numbers; 4 first pick central midfielders, 2 backups and then Lobban etc behind that.

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Some wild takes on here. Ramadani is fine

Follow the fortunes of NK Varaždin closely? 

Lets be honest we don’t have a fucking clue if he’s good. Bar some Croat journo on twitter and a few flashy reels on YouTube.

I quite like Ramadani but the fact you are calling him fine and not world class is a huge red flag 

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Happy to take cash for Barron or Polvara if anyone is stupid enough to offer. Backfill with anyone but we need those sorts of numbers; 4 first pick central midfielders, 2 backups and then Lobban etc behind that.

I thought Polvara's loan at Charleston Battery was for the entire USL Championship season which lasts till late October in the regular season and then on into December with the play-offs? So won't be due back till January??

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought Polvara's loan at Charleston Battery was for the entire USL Championship season which lasts till late October in the regular season and then on into December with the play-offs? So won't be due back till January??

No, the lad himself has already said he's back in july

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

No, the lad himself has already said he's back in july

I've just checked, yeah I've read the article incorrectly, it says he'll spend the rest of his season (meaning our season) with Charleston Battery...I read it as he'll spend the rest of the US season with them. 

I do think he showed enough in small doses to think all might not be lost with him just yet. With a good pre-season and with Robson as manager, we might get a bit better return from him though obv it'll be mainly off the bench 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've just checked, yeah I've read the article incorrectly, it says he'll spend the rest of his season (meaning our season) with Charleston Battery...I read it as he'll spend the rest of the US season with them. 

I do think he showed enough in small doses to think all might not be lost with him just yet. With a good pre-season and with Robson as manager, we might get a bit better return from him though obv it'll be mainly off the bench 

He can’t be any worse coming off the bench than Barron was. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Agree, those numbers with decent quality on the bench is what Aberdeen need especially with European football to deal with as well

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I suspect he might get a few starts early in the season as he is actively playing football, he will be the fittest guy on the pitch by a country mile.