Lewis Ferguson

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Is it always on profit? Haven’t heard of this till very recently. 

I dont know for certain,  but logically,  even a percentage of any profit is a risk for a team, a percentage of any fee is even more of a risk, I suppose it depends on each instance. 

On 7/27/2018 at 9:38 AM, GDON21 said:

The maximum Hamilton are expecting is 325K. They seem to think they have a pretty good solid case to get that amount. Aberdeen only offer 100k and haven't offered anymore since. Would expect it to maybe end up around 250k.

Do Hamilton get a cut of any future sales too or was this the only payment they get from Ferguson?

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Why would a tribunal set a sell on?

I tried to look it up and I'm still not sure.

"The New Douglas Park club wanted £1.2million for the midfield ace, but a tribunal in 2018 ruled they should receive £250,000 'plus add-ons' which was believed to be a sell-on fee."

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Same surely applies to any sell on 

Aye, don’t quite know for sure, would have thought that Hamilton had already got what they get, confused now, suppose we will find out when he moves. 

19 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Training compensation has already been payed, they don’t get paid twice.

7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye, don’t quite know for sure, would have thought that Hamilton had already got what they get, confused now, suppose we will find out when he moves. 

You sounded very sure before.

Maybe shut the fuck up next time rather than dive in and make yourself look like a real jerk.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

You sounded very sure before.

Maybe shut the fuck up next time rather than dive in and make yourself look like a real jerk.

It’s a forum, for debate?
Jerk😂, maybe you should go get a haircut ya bowl cutted nonce.

have a good day

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Do Hamilton get a cut of any future sales too or was this the only payment they get from Ferguson?

1 hour ago, davieb said:

Don't think so, Ferguson is 24 now and outwith the transfer solidarity payment rules.

The solidarity payment seems to happen every transfer, so long as they move to a different football association (country).

Dons and Hamilton get paid every transfer,  more for us as there is a higher percentage from age 15 to 23.

From a website about training for agents etc :

"The key points to note for solidarity contributions is that between the ages of 12 and 15, the club(s) will be owed 5% of 5% of the overall transfer fee per year (0.25% of the total fee per year). From thereafter, for the eight years up until the calendar year of the player's 23rd birthday, the club(s) will be owed 10% of 5% of the overall transfer fee for each year the player was with them (0.5% of the total fee per year).

NOTE: A solidarity contribution is due to their training club(s) every time the player transfers, regardless of their age. Whether the player transfers before the expiry of their contract aged 20, 25, or even 30, their training clubs up until the age of 23 will receive this payment."

• Upvote 2

Training compensation must be paid to a players training club when a player signs his first professional contract, and on each subsequent transfer until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday.

Training compensation is designed to ensure that clubs are compensated for the cost of developing young players, to ensure they aren't left empty handed when a young player moves on to another (often bigger) club at the end of their contract. The training period starts on a player's 12th Birthday.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Why would a tribunal set a sell on?

I don't think they did. From what I remember and I may be wrong but the fee they got was simply the development fee they were due. I think we actually offered a bit more but Hamilton played silly cunts and demanded a massive fee as though he was still contracted to them, tribunal threw out their nonsense. Something like that anyway. I think I'm also right in saying that the development fees in Scotland have a clause which gives the developer club something similar to a sell on and if so Hamilton would have got money directly from Bologna but I don't think that carries on forever. I'm pretty sure there's some age limit.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, G31DON said:

The solidarity payment seems to happen every transfer, so long as they move to a different football association (country).

Dons and Hamilton get paid every transfer,  more for us as there is a higher percentage from age 15 to 23.

"The key points to note for solidarity contributions is that between the ages of 12 and 15, the club(s) will be owed 5% of 5% of the overall transfer fee per year (0.25% of the total fee per year). From thereafter, for the eight years up until the calendar year of the player's 23rd birthday, the club(s) will be owed 10% of 5% of the overall transfer fee for each year the player was with them (0.5% of the total fee per year).

NOTE: A solidarity contribution is due to their training club(s) every time the player transfers, regardless of their age. Whether the player transfers before the expiry of their contract aged 20, 25, or even 30, their training clubs up until the age of 23 will receive this payment."

this is what i remember when i read into this previously - solidarity payment in perpetuity - there maybe be some quirk where not payable, between associations, ie within the UK    

1 hour ago, G31DON said:

Ah, I thought 23 was the cut off, so every transfer until they retire we will get around 2% of the fee?