Lewis Ferguson

1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Could also be the difference between the top teams and the rest?

Ultimately Italian football doesnt have quite the same financial power it did years ago, hence why top players don't tend to stay as long 

Yeah. I personally still enjoy watching it but your right it’s lost it’s power financially.

13 hours ago, RUL said:

In reality Ferguson performances, and Ramadani, reflects the standard of Italian football has dropped significantly. Thats why players from here are doing well. I say that as someone who watches Italian football, including Verona v monza today, it was dismal.

They had 3 CL quarter finalists and 2 semi finalists last season, to be fair. It may not have strength and depth throughout the entire league but I don't think any of the very top leagues really do. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They had 3 CL quarter finalists and 2 semi finalists last season, to be fair. It may not have strength and depth throughout the entire league but I don't think any of the very top leagues really do. 

This, probably 3 or 4 teams who can win the league. Likewise Spain has Barca and Real Madrid, with the occasional Atletico thrown in. 

On 11/5/2023 at 8:37 AM, pocrawred said:

Huns on twitter saying swap Bojan for wright!! Eh no! Then they say we couldn't afford wrights wage!! Keep off the deludimol beauts...

I love this type of blinkered view that old form fans come away with, without any sort of self awareness.

Wright should be given back to the team he came from ie he has been a total flop

We couldn't afford his wages ie they've been paying him far more than they should have been

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Part of 'The City Football Group'.

I'm not sure why they are doing so well this season, but Man city owners basically use them to give game time to players they have bought that didn't qualify for a work permit in the UK. Once they play a season in Spain, if they do well, reapply.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

How amazing is this 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe1S6FBw/

His Dad was full of pride on Sportsound today regards this interview, as well he should be. The way Lewis has performed on the park and adapted to the culture, he's a huge credit to himself, his family & Scottish football.

Fantastic to see Scottish lads not only willing to move abroad, but being sought out by foreign teams. Can only be to the benefit of them as individuals and to our game.

• Upvote 8
8 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

His Dad was full of pride on Sportsound today regards this interview, as well he should be. The way Lewis has performed on the park and adapted to the culture, he's a huge credit to himself, his family & Scottish football.

Fantastic to see Scottish lads not only willing to move abroad, but being sought out by foreign teams. Can only be to the benefit of them as individuals and to our game.

His dads a baldy hun ferret. 

Good luck to Lewis, tho. 

• Like 1

99.9% of Scottish footballers always have been and always will be, thick as fuck. 

It's not ability that makes them unable to play abroad, it's simply that it's impossible for them to adapt to other cultures and languages. They're just too fucking uneducated and stupid.***

Fantastic to see and hear Lewis doing so well there....he's got a great future ahead of him.

*** Let's not forget that uncle Barry couldn't adapt to life in Blackburn because his stupid missus missed her hairdresser from Bellshill. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

99.9% of Scottish footballers always have been and always will be, thick as fuck. 

It's not ability that makes them unable to play abroad, it's simply that it's impossible for them to adapt to other cultures and languages. They're just too fucking uneducated and stupid.***

Fantastic to see and hear Lewis doing so well there....he's got a great future ahead of him

And yet Paul Gascoigne.......famously uneducated and stupid........managed to learn Italian and still speaks it fluently to this day

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And yet Paul Gascoigne.......famously uneducated and stupid........managed to learn Italian and still speaks it fluently to this day

He's not Scottish.

I'm learning Arabic at the moment. Have been hoodwinked into learning to read and speak it which is a fucking ballache if I'm being honest but sticking with it. Got a few more reading lessons then it's onto verbal.. Reckon I can pick out a quarter of the letters used now without referring to my notes after 5 hours of lessons so slowly getting there. Hardest bit I'd say is in English you only have two versions of a letter. A and a for example.

Arabic has 4 of each letter at least.

• Upvote 1