Lewis Ferguson

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson goes on to have as successful a career as someone like Paul Lambert. 

The lad has so many attributes and strings to his bow. Won't surprise me in the slightest to see him going to Europes top table and hopefully winning medals too. 

Agreed, he'll have seen the likes of Doig + Hickey as possibility to get themselves big moves outside of Scotland and have good careers

Be shocked if he doesnt end up at some English Premier League club next 2 seasons

8 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Agreed, he'll have seen the likes of Doig + Hickey as possibility to get themselves big moves outside of Scotland and have good careers

Be shocked if he doesnt end up at some English Premier League club next 2 seasons

I hope he stays away from England and concentrates on Europe.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, I remember the Capitol said:

I think it's brilliant what he's achieved so far.  In days gone by any half decent prospect was badgered by the weegie press and pundits into thinking the be all and end all was to sign for one of the arse cheeks.

Young Scottish players now seeing there's a fantastic opportunity to develop at a club like ourselves and get a move to a completely different league and country where they can enjoy the new culture and develop as players.  Bigger shop window which can lead to moves to the very top.

Really pleased for the loon

Works well in terms of selling others too. If a buying club is worried that the standard here is low and players won't be able to make the step up we can point to him (and to Ramadani, McKenna, and hopefully McRorie and Ramsay).

Ferguson succeeding makes it more likely we can sell others to bigger clubs.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, I remember the Capitol said:

I think it's brilliant what he's achieved so far.  In days gone by any half decent prospect was badgered by the weegie press and pundits into thinking the be all and end all was to sign for one of the arse cheeks.

Young Scottish players now seeing there's a fantastic opportunity to develop at a club like ourselves and get a move to a completely different league and country where they can enjoy the new culture and develop as players.  Bigger shop window which can lead to moves to the very top.

Look at David Turnbull in comparison, jumped at the first ugly sister offer he got and is now at fucking Cardiff in the championship. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Works well in terms of selling others too. If a buying club is worried that the standard here is low and players won't be able to make the step up we can point to him (and to Ramadani, McKenna, and hopefully McRorie and Ramsay).

Ferguson succeeding makes it more likely we can sell others to bigger clubs.

Excellent point min.👍

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Look at David Turnbull in comparison, jumped at the first ugly sister offer he got and is now at fucking Cardiff in the championship. 

Fell out the picture under Ange. Surprised Brenda didnt use him more, i think he signed him. 
Decent player. For the sake of the national team be good for him to kick on. 

4 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

He's away in summer 100% not just Italian sides looking at him now either, Bologna played a blinder keeping him in Jan there hoping for a bidding war, well their fans seem to think thats the plan, well that's what I took from Google translate 😂

We have talked about this

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
38 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Fell out the picture under Ange. Surprised Brenda didnt use him more, i think he signed him. 
Decent player. For the sake of the national team be good for him to kick on. 

I agree. Just comparing the 2 routes that ferguson/turnbull took when they were pretty similar at us/well before the moves.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, I remember the Capitol said:

Agree with this. Always feel it’s just a waste of a career when good young players disappear to lower leagues of English football for the money when there’s a big world out there. Or even worse go to the old firm, be flavour of the month for a bit then disappear.