Lewis Ferguson

Sadly for Ferguson, both McGinn and McGregor do the same job for Scotland (more or less) that Lewis does for Bologna. 

And they do it very well, in general....although McGinn has went off the boil and we don't know how long McGregor will take to get back to full fitness. 

So Ferguson will just have to wait his turn. 

You can't compare Ferguson with Gilmour, who seems to be confined to playing in the centre circle by Clarke. Which was an utter waste of time against Northern Ireland. 

31 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Sadly for Ferguson, both McGinn and McGregor do the same job for Scotland (more or less) that Lewis does for Bologna. 

And they do it very well, in general....although McGinn has went off the boil and we don't know how long McGregor will take to get back to full fitness. 

So Ferguson will just have to wait his turn. 

You can't compare Ferguson with Gilmour, who seems to be confined to playing in the centre circle by Clarke. Which was an utter waste of time against Northern Ireland. 

Ferguson is better than McGinn so he should play instead of him !!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Well unsurprisingly I'd disagree and when you take into consideration how well Lewis reads and anticipates the game, his vision and overall ability he's streets ahead of Dykes.

Yeah. 

I said he's not as quick. 

14 hours ago, Russell said:

But he did leave them for fuck all. Never forget that they made more money from us selling McCrorie to Bristol City than they did with Gilmour, Morales and Kent combined.

I've read that Chelsea gave the huns over a million quid for gilmore!! I mean, why would they when they only needed to pay a training fee?? 

9 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

I've read that Chelsea gave the huns over a million quid for gilmore!! I mean, why would they when they only needed to pay a training fee?? 

Think that was a sell-on clause

They sold for him £500k + add-ons, rather than the training fee

Think we did something similar with lewis Pirie (sell him and get add-ons, rather than training fee)

53 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

McGinn’s goal scoring record  for Scotland is very good though, and as yet Lewis is untried really at international level.

Most of McGinn’s goals I think most players would have scored and Ferguson is untried but all players are until you give them a run of games. Give Ferguson a few starts and I don’t think he would be dropped as it would be seen how good he was 

• Confused 1
17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Most of McGinn’s goals I think most players would have scored and Ferguson is untried but all players are until you give them a run of games. Give Ferguson a few starts and I don’t think he would be dropped as it would be seen how good he was 

He should’ve started the Norn Irn game, and had more minutes for sure, however McGinn scores something like 1 in 3 at international level I think, so you can’t drop him really.

45 minutes ago, thurso said:

Oh just shut up, ferguson better than mcginn, most players would have scored his goals?,  how about mcginn overhead kick vs Austria?, most folk score that aye?.

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Ferguson did it first at Burnley

Of course ferguson could do it, on his first ever European game, class, but he said most players would have scored mcginn’s goals, which is utter tripe.

5 hours ago, YorkDon said:

He should’ve started the Norn Irn game, and had more minutes for sure, however McGinn scores something like 1 in 3 at international level I think, so you can’t drop him really.

Hes scored in 14 games out of 64 I think so not quite 1 in 3 and he hasn’t exactly been scoring regularly for Scotland lately mcctominay was the go to guy in the last campaign to score. 

5 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Oh just shut up, ferguson better than mcginn, most players would have scored his goals?,  how about mcginn overhead kick vs Austria?, most folk score that aye?.

Was his best goal but seen many players score them even Ferguson. Most of mcginns goals have been against the poorer teams in the group that if other players had been playing would have still score. 
If Ferguson is going to get into the team for me it’s ahead of mcginn as he’s the worst out of the 4 regular starters 

7 hours ago, thurso said:

Hes scored in 14 games out of 64 I think so not quite 1 in 3 and he hasn’t exactly been scoring regularly for Scotland lately mcctominay was the go to guy in the last campaign to score. 

Was his best goal but seen many players score them even Ferguson. Most of mcginns goals have been against the poorer teams in the group that if other players had been playing would have still score. 
If Ferguson is going to get into the team for me it’s ahead of mcginn as he’s the worst out of the 4 regular starters 

I admire your willingness to continue to argue your point, no matter how stupid it is. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes he is. 

You really think McGregor would be a regular starter for a top half EPL side (never mind being captain of that team)?

He might be able to be a starter at Burnley or Forest. But I'm not convinced that he'd be anything other than a squad player at any of the teams from Everton upwards. And I just don't think any of the top 10 sides down there would be interested in him at all.

Unfortunately for Ferguson, McGinn in the Scotland side seems to be the player that he's in direct competition for a place with. Now if Ferguson does join Juventus (or an equivalently big team in England, Spain, France or Germany) and continues to do well there he might well have a genuine case to really challenge McGinn for that starting spot. But for the time being he's a sub under normal circumstances.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

You really think McGregor would be a regular starter for a top half EPL side (never mind being captain of that team)?

He might be able to be a starter at Burnley or Forest. But I'm not convinced that he'd be anything other than a squad player at any of the teams from Everton upwards. And I just don't think any of the top 10 sides down there would be interested in him at all.

Unfortunately for Ferguson, McGinn in the Scotland side seems to be the player that he's in direct competition for a place with. Now if Ferguson does join Juventus (or an equivalently big team in England, Spain, France or Germany) and continues to do well there he might well have a genuine case to really challenge McGinn for that starting spot. But for the time being he's a sub under normal circumstances.

Yes I do think McGregor would be a starter in a side in the top half of the league down there. He is as good as mctominay, Gilmore and McGinn and they are all regular starters down there ( mctominay might not be as regular a starters as the others but games Iv seen of man united he is still one of there best players). 

If he had left Celtic and gone to spurs I think he would have started most games for them. But we will never find out as he chose to stay in Scotland