Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Yet Clarke the jakeball refuses to play him. 

Rightly so. Our best midfield involves Macgregor, McTominay, Gilmour & McGinn. 

Id be comfortable with Ferguson's readiness to step in should any of them be unavailable though. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Id be comfortable with Ferguson's readiness to step in should any of them be unavailable though. 

I'm not convinced Gilmour is better than Ferguson. Flatters to deceive i think, a bit of the Barry Ferguson/Paul McStay about him, puffs the chest out and points a lot but generally just passes to someone 5 yards away.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Agreed, would like to see Ferguson in ahead of Christie and Armstrong

Gilmore and Macgregor are very similar as is McGinn although he’s pushed himself much further forward now.  There’s pluses and minuses to having that sitting 2, comfortable to retain posession when we need to keep the sting out of a game.

Id see Ferguson more as a carrier, when we need the opposite and get us up the park a bit.  Also can’t deny his scoring record since we don’t have that complete number 9 that would make such a difference.

Just now, Roberto said:

Gilmour is over rated and living off one good game he had for Scotland in which we tucking drew.

One of those players who’s appreciated by fellow pros and people who talk about positions as numbers.

Get Fergo in.

• Upvote 1

When you read this thread shows how many people have been watching bologna this season and where Ferguson has been playing.🧐

Also have to laugh about the comments on Gilmour, he's on of the best CMs in England currently in the role he plays, I'd be surprised if he's not picked up in the summer especially if they have a change of manager. 👌

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

McGregor aye very good. Although I concede he plays a different sort of role. Ferguson for me is twice the player. I have followed hia progress closely in Italy and his reading and understanding of the game is night and day above McGregor. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Also have to laugh about the comments on Gilmour, he's on of the best CMs in England currently in the role he plays, I'd be surprised if he's not picked up in the summer especially if they have a change of manager. 👌

Haha wise up.

55 minutes ago, Roberto said:

In what way Parklife?

The fact you rate him highly or the fact he's over rated?

I think he's an excellent player, gives great balance to our midfield and has been excellent in most games he's played for Scotland. 

He absolutely ran the show vs the bloody Netherlands a few weeks ago ffs. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I think he's an excellent player, gives great balance to our midfield and has been excellent in most games he's played for Scotland. 

He absolutely ran the show vs the bloody Netherlands a few weeks ago ffs. 

A game in which Scotland lost 4 nil?

I'm sure we will look back on that as a great achievement in a few years discussing Gilmour like.

Now I know he isn't to blame for all 4 goals, but for me Gilmour is rather over rated. Even Brighton fans themselves (who watch him more than you or I) say he should do so much more, and is easily disposed at times when he's on the ball.

I think he's a good player, but I also believe Scotland fans go well over the top about him.

8 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

When you read this thread shows how many people have been watching bologna this season and where Ferguson has been playing.🧐

Canz

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Comparing Gilmour and ferguson is like comparing kane and trent Alexander Arnold

Completely different players and roles 

Correct 

Gilmour is a CDM breaking up opposition play and setting up attacks with decisive through balls to wingers/attacking midfield or striker

ferguson is a box to box midfield powerhouse with far more attacking qualities be it heading or shooting, can tackle as well but wouldn’t sit as deep as Gilmour as it would be waste of his attacking options

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

I'm sure we will look back on that as a great achievement in a few years discussing Gilmour like.

Now I know he isn't to blame for all 4 goals, but for me Gilmour is rather over rated. Even Brighton fans themselves (who watch him more than you or I) say he should do so much more, and is easily disposed at times when he's on the ball.

I think he's a good player, but I also believe Scotland fans go well over the top about him.

It was 1-0 when Gilmour went off and Ferguson came on. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

12 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

It was 1-0 when Gilmour went off and Ferguson came on. 

Exactly 😂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Even Brighton fans themselves (who watch him more than you or I) say he should do so much more, and is easily disposed at times when he's on the ball.

Just to be clear, I couldn't give a flying fuck what he does or doesn't do for Brighton. He's invariably excellent for Scotland and, as I said before, gives balance to our midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Just to be clear, I couldn't give a flying fuck what he does or doesn't do for Brighton. He's invariably excellent for Scotland and, as I said before, gives balance to our midfield. 

Either way it doesn’t matter. 

clarke will end up starting Mcgregor 

3 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I know. My point was that Gilmour went off when it was 1-0. 

Then we are complete stalemate cause I said he wasn't to blame for the 4 goals...

I still find him over rated.

Gilmour lives off beating England 0-0, and now we are bringing up his performance where we lost 4-0 (1-0 when he went off).

I think he's a good player but the praise he's receiving from these 2 games mentioned, come away.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Then we are complete stalemate cause I said he wasn't to blame for the 4 goals...

I still find him over rated.

Gilmour lives off beating England 0-0, and now we are bringing up his performance where we lost 4-0 (1-0 when he went off).

I think he's a good player but the praise he's receiving from these 2 games mentioned, come away.

You're the only one mentioning the England game.