Lewis Ferguson

Genuinely must think that I am on glue. I thought he was anonymous at Hampden apart from his header, then I'm reading about him being born to play at Hampden. Didnt see him do much at all yesterday either. Apart from the obvious. He can feel free to keep popping up with these big moments though

Many a player has built a career by doing fuck all for the majority of a game but popping up with that one moment of quality which wins the game.

Genuinely must think that I am on glue. I thought he was anonymous at Hampden apart from his header, then I'm reading about him being born to play at Hampden. Didnt see him do much at all yesterday either. Apart from the obvious. He can feel free to keep popping up with these big moments though

Dunno,  I mean he's maybe not a midfield "engine" but he seems to get about a bit and get involved.

That being said, if the worst we have to argue about is which (possibly anonymous) player turns up to win us games, I'll be happy enough.

McGinn's shot that Anderson poked in was on target. Anderson's goal also on target as was Ferguson free kick.

Open to interpretation. That's not the way stats are counted though. McGinn's "shot" doesn't count as one.

I don't give a fuck to be honest, was merely correcting the person who said we only had 2 shots in total.

To be clear the biggest failing in our attack wasn’t McGinn it was trying to convert Wilson to a one man attack which to me is a non starter.

Not trying to deny his assist at all.

100% this for me.

Against Rangers he was poor, against Killie he was poor, even the games he's scored in his general hold up play has been poor. 

If you play with a lone striker which we seem destined to do then he has to be a goal threat and be able to hold the ball up and bring others into play.  Wilson doesn't seem capable of doing that.  That being said, niether May nor Cosgrove seem to be able to either which is why Anderson should be first pick to start up front. 

Its as big a problem who plays in behind though.  If its Wright or May then we lose that extra man in the centre of the pitch.  If its Feguson then we lose the only person who at the moment seems able to take the ball off the back four and play passes through  midfield. 

I think we need Gleeson to come good or centre midfield is a big problem.

From what I've seen of Ferguson, I think he plays better in the deeper role.  Against Hamilton and St. Mirren he was really good, playing a similar role to his uncle.  Definitely a lot quieter when he's pushed on... apart from scoring those goals!  However, when he signed, all the noise was that he was more naturally attack minded...

I think we look more balanced when we have Shinnie and Ferguson in that central area.. however, McInnes seems to favour the Shinnie/Ball combo against the better teams.