Lewis Ferguson

It baffles me that McInnes seems to prefer Ball over Gleeson. Gleeson has looked okay in the short periods he's played. Offers more to the team than Ball IMO.

It baffles me why you are still so critical of Ball. He's been really effective this season, actually one of our better performers.

We've far bigger problems than Ball.

It baffles me that McInnes seems to prefer Ball over Gleeson. Gleeson has looked okay in the short periods he's played. Offers more to the team than Ball IMO.

Its why we are resorting to hoofball in a lot of games. 

McLean was the guy who take the ball off our defence last year and start moves off, before that it was the snake, now we have nobody unless ferguson drops deeper.  But when he drops deeper then we are a man light in the middle of the pitch cause we play an extra striker or attacking midfield who don't track back so we end up being over run in the middle of the park.

It baffles me why you are still so critical of Ball. He's been really effective this season, actually one of our better performers.

We've far bigger problems than Ball.

I didn't realise saying i'd rather see Gleeson given a chance equated to being "so critical".

To me, Ball as a central midfielder is part of the reason we have no midfield. He's not capable of linking the play between our defence and our attack. He doesn't give Devlin/McKenna options for a pass when they have possession and when he does take the ball off them, is incapable of playing the passes in to feet of those further forward.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but, IMO, him and Shinnie as a pair don't work.

I've been told we're signing an 18 year old attacking midfielder in Jan.  Going by what I know about him, I'm guessing he's not intended for the reserves rather than straight into first team but who knows, maybe Derek finally is ready to put faith in the youth.

Born post 2000? FML

• Upvote 2

Ferguson should develop into a good attacking CM, arriving late into the box, smashing goals in, he's got the shooting and physical ability...but it needs 2 strong CM behind him to allow him to play that role and we don't have that so he will be serving his time learning a more deep lying role for now until McInnes can get his team right.

Born post 2000? FML

I know... fucking depressing

Any clue? Not a done deal?

According to the loon's ma it is.  He's currently in the reserves of a team that are doing very poorly, hence I assume he's one for the future rather than a Fergie Mk II but who knows.

Is it Phil Foden...?

No, he's couldn't deal with the expectation of signing for a big club like us.

Agreed. I’ve no issue with Shinnie, Ball or Ferguson. It’s the playing them together (and lets be honest it’s to do with height at set pieces, fuck all to do with midfield) that I have the issue with. And playing the three of them and simply telling one of them to push up isn’t good enough. Especially if the consequence is playing one up top.

Credit to Shinnie for his efforts at getting forward though. But we could do better Shirley?

Gleasons been tidy enough for me. But a midfielder who can only last 75 minutes is a concern.

I didn't realise saying i'd rather see Gleeson given a chance equated to being "so critical".

To me, Ball as a central midfielder is part of the reason we have no midfield. He's not capable of linking the play between our defence and our attack. He doesn't give Devlin/McKenna options for a pass when they have possession and when he does take the ball off them, is incapable of playing the passes in to feet of those further forward.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but, IMO, him and Shinnie as a pair don't work.

I agree with this but you could easily replace the concerns re Ball with Shinnie.  Neither are capable of linking the play.  I also agree that they don't work together as we resort to hoofball.  When push comes to shove we really miss McLean he's a galring hole in our midfield.  None of this is Ball's fault though.  But we are absolutely crying out for someone to take the ball off our defence and to start attacks. 

Ferguson seems at least capable of doing that role but moving him back means we have Wright or May behind the striker and neither of them help our midfield that ends up being outnumbered, also partly to do with Shinnie's headless chicken act.

I agree with this but you could easily replace the concerns re Ball with Shinnie. Neither are capable of linking the play. I also agree that they don't work together as we resort to hoofball. When push comes to shove we really miss McLean he's a galring hole in our midfield. None of this is Ball's fault though. But we are absolutely crying out for someone to take the ball off our defence and to start attacks.

Ferguson seems at least capable of doing that role but moving him back means we have Wright or May behind the striker and neither of them help our midfield that ends up being outnumbered, also partly to do with Shinnie's headless chicken act.

Yeah, agree with all of that. I do think at least Shinnie is capable of carrying the ball and getting us up the pitch from time to time.

I don't think they work together and overall i think Shinnie brings more to the table than Ball.

Thought he had a very good game Friday night, he's got a great physical edge to his game.

Amazing when you look at him and McKenna then to Scott Shite and Frank Dross in a physical sense. Laddies to need to hit the weights (not as much as that season Considine rocked up looking like Eddie Hall)

• Downvote 3

Amazing when you look at him and McKenna then to Scott Shite and Frank Dross in a physical sense. Laddies to need to hit the weights (not as much as that season Considine rocked up looking like Eddie Hall)

Yeah, he looks a lot stronger physically and I suppose that's why he's in the team every week.