Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

All of the managers in the top 20 teams in England would appear to agree with me. What bids have we had for Ferguson ? A 1.5,possibly 2M speculative punt ?
He’s not quick enough in thought or over the ground. 

It say it all really.

His agent is Bill McMurdo too! McMurdo will have been pestering every club in England relentlessly about Ferguson for past 18 months. 

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

It say it all really.

His agent is Bill McMurdo too! McMurdo will have been pestering every club in England relentlessly about Ferguson for past 18 months. 

Lewis needs to get shot of McMurdo and hire whoever Oliver Burke's with. Must be the best agent in the business to get him the moves he's made.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

It say it all really.

I noticed his agency has almost 40 Spanish players on their books and Ferguson is his only Scottish player.

8 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Lewis needs to get shot of McMurdo and hire whoever Oliver Burke's with. Must be the best agent in the business to get him the moves he's made.

Saw that earlier today.

How he's ended up playing at the level he has in his career is beyond me. He's terrible.

36 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Saw that earlier today.

How he's ended up playing at the level he has in his career is beyond me. He's terrible.

Relatively recently I spoke with someone involved with the national teams performance arm who is very well respected, who told us that Burke is a magnificent, world-class athlete; his metrics are sky-high in terms of pace, power, strength, explosiveness; everything you need to be a top, top footballer. But that he can't play top-level football worth a fuck.  The last bit was pretty much his exact words.

Teams are signing him looking at these athletic stats, gambling in the hope of getting a Gareth Bale effect, hoping that something clicks.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

It also leads to fans having outlandish demands for other transfers.

Sheffield united didn't half spunk money on shite.

Him mcburnie the Hun Brewster

All dirt 

28 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Sun, I think it is that are reporting it, claiming Ferguson preference is to move to Europe - obviously given the source I’m taking a large pinch of salt with that!

If I was Ferguson then I would far prefer Italy over England. Especially their top flight over English second tier 

I reckon lecce will try to get him on the cheap, they have only paid over 2mil 6 times in their history and the last occasion was in 2010.

Galatasaray also rumoured but they are in mass debt and fucked, they are also bottom feeders looking to go on the cheap.

And fucking Millwall, gl with that lewis

19 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Relatively recently I spoke with someone involved with the national teams performance arm who is very well respected, who told us that Burke is a magnificent, world-class athlete; his metrics are sky-high in terms of pace, power, strength, explosiveness; everything you need to be a top, top footballer. But that he can't play top-level football worth a fuck.  The last bit was pretty much his exact words.

Teams are signing him looking at these athletic stats, gambling in the hope of getting a Gareth Bale effect, hoping that something clicks.

I would expect this happens a lot, I read that Brentford, for instance, use a statistical model to get players of a certain type, based on their preferred tactics: a centre half who wins a lot of headers, an attacking full back, or what have you.  Numbers game that has moved them up the leagues.

Doesn't mean it always works though, like you said. I think there was a quote from Mourinho saying Luke Shaw got nervous in big games, or with big crowds or something, that's why he dropped him. Probably not a stat category for shitey pants.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, Mr John said:

I would expect this happens a lot, I read that Brentford, for instance, use a statistical model to get players of a certain type, based on their preferred tactics: a centre half who wins a lot of headers, an attacking full back, or what have you.  Numbers game that has moved them up the leagues.

Doesn't mean it always works though, like you said. I think there was a quote from Mourinho saying Luke Shaw got nervous in big games, or with big crowds or something, that's why he dropped him. Probably not a stat category for shitey pants.

Buying hickey 

32 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Following his quotes in the Scumday papers that he thinks his nephew should leave the Famous Aberdeen to better his career the Hat thinks that failed manager, Uncle Barry, should shut the feck up.

When young Lewis needs advice he'll be consulting with Leigh Griffiths before he approaches that has been Hun twat.

Dislike/bias aside. He’s not wrong though 

ex Accies boy Ronnie MacDonald is having a dig as well. Basically saying we’ve beasted Ferguson/played him too much but in same interview he admits he broke him into Accies too much too soon after selling Docherty

2 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Following his quotes in the Scumday papers that he thinks his nephew should leave the Famous Aberdeen to better his career the Hat thinks that failed manager, Uncle Barry, should shut the feck up.

When young Lewis needs advice he'll be consulting with Leigh Griffiths before he approaches that has been Hun twat.

You would think that Lewis would have told him to shut the fuk up after his last outburst.

I think its clear that for all parties he needs to move on this summer. If we can get £2.5m+ then I'll be happy enough. Despite what a few have said, he was one of our better performers last season despite having put in a transfer request. It would have been much easier for him to spit the dummy and force his way out, fucking us in the process