Lewis Ferguson

When is the tribunal? Whatever, we've got to pay, it looks like money well spent now...

However, we need to watch ourselves, that we don't get our own fingers burnt in the future... his weasel-faced father will already be working on Lewis' next move. I would imagine he'll already have been on to 'Mr Gerrard' about 'how well my son has started at Aberdeen'.

When is the tribunal? Whatever, we've got to pay, it looks like money well spent now...

However, we need to watch ourselves, that we don't get our own fingers burnt in the future... his weasel-faced father will already be working on Lewis' next move. I would imagine he'll already have been on to 'Mr Gerrard' about 'how well my son has started at Aberdeen'.

It’s this week.

In his defence i’d say his uncle is more the weasel faced one.

His dad celebrated our last minute equaliser against them like he'd been a dons fan all his days
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think you are correct. Maybe not Huns but I think we will only have him for the duration of his current contract, so we may as well get the best we can from him now. Basically treat him like a loan player.

Unless we are lucky as we were with McLean & sell him with 6 months remaining & loan him back but think that was a rare bit of luck/best of what we could get piece of business

His dad celebrated our last minute equaliser against them like he'd been a dons fan all his days

I've no doubt! He's about as slippery as they come!

I've never heard someone more overcome by Rangers and hunnery in my puff! In his recent Simon Ferry interview, I actually thought he may have been parodying himself!

If we trust, or get taken in by Derek Ferguson, we'll get exactly what we deserve.

Wasn't Lewis released from the huns when he was younger? He might not harbour ambitions to go back there after being released by them. If he keeps progressing the way he currently is they won't be able to afford him anyway.

Hopefully he'll make his Scotland debut as a Dons player. The lad might see the English PL as his next move the games against Burnley will have no doubt brought him to their attention.

Wasn't Lewis released from the huns when he was younger? He might not harbour ambitions to go back there after being released by them. If he keeps progressing the way he currently is they won't be able to afford him anyway.

Hopefully he'll make his Scotland debut as a Dons player. The lad might see the English PL as his next move the games against Burnley will have no doubt brought him to their attention.

Hopefully extend his contract and guarantee a fee for him in the future.

Hopefully extend his contract and guarantee a fee for him in the future.

I think he is destined for a higher level considering how well he is performing at only 18 years of age.

Hopefully he is on at least a 3 year contract. If he keeps on performing and improving at his current rate I can see us selling him in 2 years time for a big profit. Hopefully to the English PL and not the huns.

I think he is destined for a higher level considering how well he is performing at only 18 years of age.

Hopefully he is on at least a 3 year contract. If he keeps on performing and improving at his current rate I can see us selling him in 2 years time for a big profit. Hopefully to the English PL and not the huns.

I think we would have heard if his contract was more than standard two years for a young & relatively 'unproven' player but then again, the club has been very quiet on the whole thing because of the tribunal I guess.

Be very surprised if he's on a three year deal though. Very PLEASANTLY surprised.

Cannot help but feel that we are going to be to royally shafted by the tribunal who will come up with a ridiculous fee of about £875,000 or there abouts.

Hope to be proved wrong but I have a bad feeling about the outcome.

£875k for a development fee for an 18 year old out of contract kid who was only at Hamilton for 4 years and made 14 appearances?

Not a hope in hell will it be anywhere near that type of figure. Hamilton sold the huns an established under contract first team player in Greg Docherty for a reported £600k.

Remember this tribunal is to agree in a development fee. Ferguson was out of contract.

I'll be astonished if it's any more than £250k max. I expect it to be lower than that.

Cannot help but feel that we are going to be to royally shafted by the tribunal who will come up with a ridiculous fee of about £875,000 or there abouts.

Hope to be proved wrong but I have a bad feeling about the outcome.

£875k for a development fee for an 18 year old out of contract kid who was only at Hamilton for 4 years and made 14 appearances?

Not a hope in hell will it be anywhere near that type of figure. Hamilton sold the huns an established under contract first team player in Greg Docherty for a reported £600k.

Remember this tribunal is to agree in a development fee. Ferguson was out of contract.

I'll be astonished if it's any more than £250k max. I expect it to be lower than that.

If this happened the the Dons should take the tribunal/SFA to court as it would have obviously have contravened FIFA/UEFA rules.

If this happened the the Dons should take the tribunal/SFA to court as it would have obviously have contravened FIFA/UEFA rules.

+ EU laws

150K is my guess - they can only recover proportional share of the training costs over 4 years

The Docherty 600K actually goes against them, because here they are actually recovering training costs for part of that period of time

Also would need to consider how many players in their squad are coming from their training squad, because again all the training costs should be shared across these players as well

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News/training-compensation-why-dundee-united-are-paying-rangers-for-charlie-telfer.html

Ages 12-15 are also calculated as Tier 4, so one of these years will be calculated at a lower rate

I've no doubt! He's about as slippery as they come!

I've never heard someone more overcome by Rangers and hunnery in my puff! In his recent Simon Ferry interview, I actually thought he may have been parodying himself!

If we trust, or get taken in by Derek Ferguson, we'll get exactly what we deserve.

He's actually always sounded alright when he was on Sportsound I thought (for an uber hun).

Falkirk were spending GBP 250K a year as a benchmark

https://www.parliament.scot/S3_PublicPetitionsCommittee/Submissions_10/PE1319_FF_Falkirk_FC_20.03.12.pdf

so say sharing costs between 4 players a year who "develop" over a 4 year cycle - that 60K a year

SFA can't just "make it up" because this has to be a UEFA approved scheme & also covered by EU Freedom of Movement

Only way it could be 600-850K is if Hamilton were paying this year as their training costs - & Fergusons share over 3 years worked out to be this

Yup. But there's always that lingering doubt given the blatant corruption in our game.

These formulas being interpreted are for international transfers.

There are no specific rules for moving within Scotland.

The Dons interpretation of the international formula has them arriving at £110k

There are - & they had to be approved by UEFA & had to be consistent with EU Freedom of movement - Dundee UTD link above gives good information

• Upvote 1

Following Players would have been "developed" by Hamilton 2014-2018 up until their 24th Birthday

Scott McCann (2012-2018)

Mickey Devlin (2011-2018) Ha ha

Ziggy Gordon (2011-2016)

Ross Cunningham (2015-2018)

Ronan Hughes (2009-2018)

Shaun Watt (2016-2018)

Ryan Tierney (2011-2018)

Steven Boyd (2015-2018)

Greg Docherty (2012-2018)

Training Costs would need to be shared across all these players - so 10 players - even at 400K yearly spend - that's only 40K per player which brings us back to around 140-150K for Ferguson for his 3 years + 1 kids Tier 4 year

It's almost like the SFA knows what it's doing..........but they'll still try to favour a Hun

Annex 8

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

I did read that, but didn't find anything interesting - which bit did you mean ?

There was another SFA document which i found which referenced internal transfers being outwith that Section 8 - & i found elsewhere that domestic development fees mechanism of calculation had to be approved by UEFA + there is the EU freedom of movement thing