Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

2 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Tend to agree. Statistically though, despite success at this age, or relative success, very few ever make it beyond here..

Correct, Cove, Peterhead and Brechin will be looking in on the Aberdeen team and scouting for their 2026 team.

12 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Getting the attention you are craving. 

You’ve been fucking chronic on here lately. 

Be quiet and listen to yourself

You're making excuses for strikers that are missing chances and costing us big time

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You don't get more than 2 gilt edged chances in a cup final

He was keech

Don't think supporting Aberdeen is really for you. You don't rate any players and live in the past with manager so why bother

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Be quiet and listen to yourself

You're making excuses for strikers that are missing chances and costing us big time

It’s a youth cup final you fucking nutjob.

You aren’t an Aberdeen fan, you are just in it to troll on here. You got on at BHL for it and look at you.

I’ve only seen the youths once so it’s hard to say who’s “got it” & who hasn’t.

The keeper looks decent, if not a bit rash. Better distribution than Roos already. 

Carroll in defence. Calm & reads the game well. 

Stewart has great set piece delivery, but a bit slow? 

Boyd looks a clever & skilful player & (I think?) only 16. 

Bavidge is a possible too obviously, but he’s not ready for a regular game in the first team yet IMO.

Massive jump for these boys but hopefully two or three make it in the next year or two. 

13 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Ach, well done the young team. They put in a great effort and did us proud. What a great achievement playing at hampden at such a young age. A mixture of ages against a more experienced team. Cup back to Aberdeen next year.

7 of our starting 11 aren’t eligible next season due to being over aged…

11 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Ach, well done the young team. They put in a great effort and did us proud. What a great achievement playing at hampden at such a young age. A mixture of ages against a more experienced team. Cup back to Aberdeen next year.

Unlucky lads. i know the young Dons would have enjoyed playing at Hampden Park.

AFC web page has the attendance of only 1,283 thats pretty shocking. 

Youth Cup final regardless who is playing should be a bigger turn out 

Even the glory hunting Huns failed to turn up 

Just now, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Unlucky lads. i know the young Dons would have enjoyed playing at Hampden Park.

AFC web page has the attendance of only 1,283 thats pretty shocking. 

Youth Cup final regardless who is playing should be a bigger turn out 

Even the glory hunting Huns failed to turn up 

Our end was surprisingly empty. Strange one all round. 

Boys did well 2nd half. Pen was a joke. Agree our keeper looks decent as does the captain. Hard to tell at this level given we had the likes of Andy Bagshaw being touted as a future Scotland star only to fizzle out completely before his adult career even got started. 

Some awful calls by the ref and linesman.  Linesman gave an offside when he was about 6 yards behind play and couldn't have possibly seen along the line.  Then soon after flagged when our player was about 2 yards onside.  Him and the ref then missed the huge shirt pull as said earlier, that lead directly to the penalty a few seconds later.  Would never have happened if the initial correct call was given.

Didn't deserve to lose.

36 minutes ago, RUL said:

7 of our starting 11 aren’t eligible next season due to being over aged…

Does that mean a few of them will be "culled" at the end of the season?

Probably a poor choice of words but without a reserve, B, or U21 team there's nowhere for these players to go if they're neither ready for the first team or good enough to go out on loan with the prospect of improving sufficiently.

21 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Some awful calls by the ref and linesman.  Linesman gave an offside when he was about 6 yards behind play and couldn't have possibly seen along the line.  Then soon after flagged when our player was about 2 yards onside.  Him and the ref then missed the huge shirt pull as said earlier, that lead directly to the penalty a few seconds later.  Would never have happened if the initial correct call was given.

Didn't deserve to lose.

Correct. 
Looked like we scored direct from a corner too. 
Novel experience watching rangers play and not hearing all the mutants singing gstq and rule Britannia etc. 

14 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Probably a poor choice of words but without a reserve, B, or U21 team there's nowhere for these players to go if they're neither ready for the first team or good enough to go out on loan with the prospect of improving sufficiently.

They’ll offer contracts to some. Others (Kai Watson) will be left to find a new club. Some will go on loans to league clubs and others highland league. I think only Bavidge from 2006 age group will get into first team. Not seen Marshall in a while and was surprised how poor he was

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

It’s a youth cup final you fucking nutjob.

You aren’t an Aberdeen fan, you are just in it to troll on here. You got on at BHL for it and look at you.

Exactly, it's a final

It's the pinnacle of players of that age groups season

Bavidge had 2 superb chances and fluffed them both - it's a fact

The fact you're defending him would be startling if it wasn't for the defence of Bojan Misski the last few months - you're consistent at least

17 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Did many impress you and make you think they shouldn't be culled?

9 minutes ago, RUL said:

They’ll offer contracts to some. Others (Kai Watson) will be left to find a new club. Some will go on loans to league clubs and others highland league. I think only Bavidge from 2006 age group will get into first team. Not seen Marshall in a while and was surprised how poor he was

Who are the 7/11 who will be too old next season? Any idea which ones will be kept on and which released?

I'd hoped to see more from Marshall today but I wonder if sending him on loan to Edinburgh City was a bad choice.  Playing in a team losing every week can't have been good for his confidence.

I really hope Bavidge can step up.  His record at Kelty is decent and he looked one of the best players on the pitch today and looked like he wanted to win, whereas some looked happy to be there.

I wonder if the best thing for Marshall's and Bavidge's development would be to send them out on loan to Championship teams for the first half of next season.

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Exactly, it's a final

It's the pinnacle of players of that age groups season

Bavidge had 2 superb chances and fluffed them both - it's a fact

The fact you're defending him would be startling if it wasn't for the defence of Bojan Misski the last few months - you're consistent at least

I think I prefer when you sing