Max Lowe

To be fair to Max his strength is going forward.

Not his fault that Derby are too shit to take the game to the opposition and dominate them.

Leeds Utd are top of the Championship and were at home. That was probably the toughest game Max will have especially when he was up against the best winger in the league in Jack Clarke. He wasn't at fault for the first goal and fair enough he couldn't stop Clarke getting his cross in for the second goal but most goalies would have done a lot better than Carson did there. Max will prove his worth against other teams if he gets the chance.

Yeah, like the zoomers on here who decry the quality of the English leagues

Lowe has been arguably our best player and 2 games in for derby , been shite

To be fair he's playing against the best team in the league by fucking miles last night and was up against just about their best player. Tough ask to come straight in to that.

Yup but it can be down to a lot of things.

Pukki was absolutely shit for Celtic but has been brilliant for Norwich. So it can go both ways.

If @@Millertime is talking about the difference between Championship and top SPFL sides it's marginal, if any difference.

Burnley couldn't beat us over 90 mins and didn't look like they would.

WBA came up here and drew with us in a friendly, obviously it's only a friendly but if the difference was as disparaging as some suggest then we'd have been swept aside no problem.

Many of the current Hun side would walk into most championship teams, and they've failed to beat us this season.

Lowe is obviously struggling to adjust to playing for a team where you're not favourites most weeks. That's understandable, but in no way an indication of quality or difference in the top SPFL sides to the Championship sides in England.

My view would be that most SPFL sides are poor in the wider areas

A successful team in the spfl plays a back 4 defensively and a back 3 offensively, pushing one or both full backs as far up the field as possible. If the opposition is poor out wide and you can get the full/wingback forward you tend to get a great deal of success.

Quite often if I'm wanting to see how another team is fairing I look for their full/wing back if we have them in their half we are usually sitting pretty. Hibs are a team you can watch and quickly see how they are doing by what they are doing wide, same with us. Celtic have it down to an art - Rangers are getting much better at it  

Down in England they are stronger out wide and so limit the effectiveness of some attacking wing/full backs.

Logan is a perfect example  was going really nowhere down south is almost an automatic pick in the side finish 2nd regularly in the SPFL. He travels home every week just about so you would think a shoe in for an English team to come look at him. but very very little interest as its not a position that has much success in England

Tavernier and Tierney you would think teams would be all over trying to attract to the Championship at least

Robertson has had some success at Liverpool. Scotand struggle to separate the two but despite how Robertson fits in - their is hardly a clamer for Tierney in England.

Teams in England dont really see Full Back as anything that will give them success - in Scotland it is almost key to success

• Downvote 1

Fine, same level?

I think top SPFL sides are of a similar level to your average to slightly above average championship team. The top 6/8 are better than Aberdeen.

Whether they're better than the arsecheeks I dunno. I don't think so

I think at present Celtic would comfortably sit in mid table English Premiership. Ourselves, sevco upper reaches of Championship (somewhere between 5th and 8th), Hibs and Hearts would probably survive fairly comfortably but in the lower positions with Killie yoyo-ing up and down between Championship and EFL1. The rest comfortable in EFL1.

EDIT....and given access to the cash available to all the clubs in the English Leagues, every single one of us would improve on those positions.

Some good points there but I think you're being a bit hard on Robertson. I think saying he has had some success is an enormous understatement

Depends what you class as success. If you mean making himself the first choice left back for his club then that is obviously a complete success.

You could also argue that the scouse pricks haven't won anything barring a league cup in 12 years and clearly that means Robertson has won fuck all with his club. No success at all then.

Depends what you class as success. If you mean making himself the first choice left back for his club then that is obviously a complete success.

You could also argue that the scouse pricks haven't won anything barring a league cup in 12 years and clearly that means Robertson has won fuck all with his club. No success at all then.

He's been a huge success. Key first team player in one of the two best teams in England, champions league regular including the final last year, captain of his country.

Robertson has only been in the Liverpool team for 12 months, now established as the best left back in the Premiership and probably in the top 3 or 4 left backs in the world.

Recently signed a new deal doubling his money but I fully expect him to be subject to interest from Spanish, Italian and German clubs in the next 2 years.....not saying he will leave for them as Liverpool would probably be able to match any deal they could offer. To say he has just done "ok" is disingenuous