Aberdeen 1 - 0 Motherwell

Fantastic result. Was a really poor match to watch. A lot of long balls towards Cosgrove. Motherwell playing their usual anti football. 

Thought Anderson did well when he came on. Much improved from last week. Nearly scored and maybe should have. GMS was very good. Thought both Devlin and McKenna were solid once more - look like they are going to be a tough unit to break. Lewis was solid again and made a great save towards the end. I actually though Cosgrove was ok today (thought the same last week).

Was impressed by Bigirimana for Motherwell. We gave him far too much space and time on the ball today.

• Downvote 1

Fantastic result. Was a really poor match to watch. A lot of long balls towards Cosgrove. Motherwell playing their usual anti football.

Thought Anderson did well when he came on. Much improved from last week. Nearly scored and maybe should have. GMS was very good. Thought both Devlin and McKenna were solid once more - look like they are going to be a tough unit to break. Lewis was solid again and made a great save towards the end. I actually though Cosgrove was ok today (thought the same last week).

Was impressed by Bigirimana for Motherwell. We gave him far too much space and time on the ball today.

Aye Devlin and McKenna are the major plus point this season. Best partnership for a long time.

I disagree, I think DM is actually using his squad a bit better here. I fully expect Gleeson to be back for the next game. Something he gets stick for, not giving players other than his favourites a chance, he's now maybe changing? Today was never in a million years going to be a goal-fest against a Motherwell team who will grind you down. Their midfielder Middlydiddlybong in the centre looked pretty good at times, might be worth a pop at some point?

You could be right but the omens aren't great for the pair so far. Gleeson hooked early quite often and Forrester permanently on the bench it seems.

Personally I'm happy the young loons are getting games

• Upvote 1

You could be right but the omens aren't great for the pair so far. Gleeson hooked early quite often and Forrester permanently on the bench it seems.

The more he plays the younguns the better.

They are doing as much (if not more) to earn games as those less deserving it seems. Only thing holding them back is McInnes not having enough faith in them because of age/inexperience.

Looks to me that Campbell & Anderson (& Fergusson when fit) should be in the starting 11

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really hate his 'game management' shite.

Kicks in as soon as we take the lead against the 'lesser sides' & starts off with it against the 'perceived' better teams.

Just fkn go for it McInnes ffs. Balls out from start.

We have a great defense & can & should rely & have faith in it.

McKenna & Devlin are rocks & even Considine is looking very dependable at LB this season.

Defensively I think Logan is the weakest of the four but he's not been that bad. Although he does drop back off his man too much still

• Downvote 1

Good result. Motherwell were a major bogey team last season and he handled them no bother.

Wilson had some proper good touches and won us the game. No where near fit however, was blowing out his arse in the first half.

What a fucking weird player Cosgrove is. Still unbeaten whenever he starts.

Devlin is better than McKenna.

Good result. Motherwell were a major bogey team last season and he handled them no bother.

Wilson had some proper good touches and won us the game. No where near fit however, was blowing out his arse in the first half.

Devlin is a rock but much & such with McKenna. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's better yet but it's a great thing to argue about positively lol
  • Downvote 1

The more he plays the younguns the better.

They are doing as much (if not more) to earn games as those less deserving it seems. Only thing holding them back is McInnes not having enough faith in them because of age/inexperience.

Looks to me that Campbell & Anderson (& Fergusson when fit) should be in the starting 11

I'd be delighted if Devlin, McKenna, Campbell, Ferguson and Anderson were in the team. I'm rooting for Wright and Ross as well

• Upvote 3

Agreed, till the last point.

Devlin is a bit more experienced and sometimes it shows. He's not better necessarily.

One thing about Cosgrove; defenders fucking hate playing against him. He done well today but just doesn't look like ever scoring.

Thought Cosgrove did well today however punting high balls up to him is messing with the rest of our game as far as I am concerned.

Fair enough he may not have looked like scoring today, but then again no other bugger playing in red did either!

I'd be delighted if Devlin, McKenna, Campbell, Ferguson and Anderson were in the team. I'm rooting for Wright and 9Ross as well

Quite a positive that those are 7 names, all young and "broadly speaking" results of good signings and youth development.

Wouldn't be dissappointed to see all of them I a starting 11.

Shame we can't sign anyone over the age of 23 that's any good.

• Site Sponsor

Three points which was vital today.

Apart from the first 15 minutes or so, shit game.

Good finish by Wilson, nicely set up by McGinn.

Nice to see Longneck Lewis coming out and telling the cunts in defence in front of him to push forward at one point.

At least Joe could see that we were sitting too deep and inviting them onto us.

Shit game.

Shinnie had a decent game.

GMS had a very good game.

How the fuck did their number 17 stay on the pitch having been booked for dissent minutes before then lunging in with both feet off the ground and the ref did nothing.

Only thing the ref did right was book the Motherwell player for diving in the box.

Did, I say it was a shit game though?

Yeah, happy for youngsters to play and build confidence too. I think Gleeson is decent and probably got rested rather than dropped. Forrester is just getting shown that having a fee paid is no guarantee to start. Cosgrove looked decent in patches then Bambi on ice in others, wonder if he'd have done anything when he knocked that ball past the defender and was away to run onto it?