Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen

We lost - first and foremost - so regardless of how "close" it was - we lost

We have a manager who seeks to justify his transfer policy by playing his chosen despite their plainly obvious inability to hit the broad side of a barn at 10 paces - Cosgrove probably would struggle at five with the ball either going over or mysteriously to one side or the other or just proving too damned tricky to control at all. I hope he's working on a back up career as this is without any shadow of a doubt the best gig he will ever have in professional football.

We have no connect between midfield and the front line - partly due to deficiency in the front line but also due to a lack of flair in the centre of midfield.

We are left hoping that junior players like Anderson and Ferguson can turn up and make a difference.

In all honesty whilst there are areas of hope we're in a bit of a pickle.

Our defence is not too bad.

We must not let a lacklustre performance by the tims delude us - other than the result we were hammered by Hibs. GMS aside there is next to no flair in that team - reminds of watching the team when the oppposition tactic was to double mark Aluko and watch the rest of the team struggle.If you double mark GMS who is going to hurt the opposition? 

It will be closer to 2000 than 320 ffs

And you’re the journalist!

Never mind backtracking.

You said I was lying and that we had three sections, and despite seeing clearly today that we didn't have three sections you're still claiming we have sold 2,000 tickets for a section that only had 640 in it for the final day of last season.

We'll see what the attendance was when the club announce it.

Not sure what me being a journalist has to do with working out how many away tickets have been sold. Is that just the bog standard response on here when posters are struggling to come up with a good insult?

Re: Anderson. Maybe McInnes just doesn't rate him? He's got history with not having confidence in young players (mainly forwards) the club have developed.

That's maybe correct but then you have to ask the question of what he sees in Cosgrove and May. They are both utterly inept yet mcinnes continually starts them. I find it hard to believe that even in training Cosgrove scores goals. One of the worst strikers we've ever had at our club.

Never mind backtracking.

You said I was lying and that we had three sections, and despite seeing clearly today that we didn't have three sections you're still claiming we have sold 2,000 tickets for a section that only had 640 in it for the final day of last season.

We'll see what the attendance was when the club announce it.

Not sure what me being a journalist has to do with working out how many away tickets have been sold. Is that just the bog standard response on here when posters are struggling to come up with a good insult?

I was going by the AFC ticket website which highlighted three sections in red

You said we had only sold 320 tickets

Let’s see who was closer

Tbh I am fucking sick of these cunts, nae having the eye of the tiger against celtic at Parkhead.

Sure weve had a few bad games there, butmany times now over the past 5 years have they gone there and put in a "good performance" and contrived to lose?!!

Fucking score when you get chances FFS.

Sick to back teeth of having to take the positive from a good performance.

How many good performances can you put in without winning, before you realise/admit that something must be missing from those "good performances"

• Upvote 1

Tbh I am fucking sick of these cunts, nae having the eye of the tiger against celtic at Parkhead.

Sure weve had a few bad games there, butmany times now over the past 5 years have they gone there and put in a "good performance" and contrived to lose?!!

Fucking score when you get chances FFS.

Sick to back teeth of having to take the positive from a good performance.

How many good performances can you put in without winning, before you realise/admit that something must be missing from those "good performances"

Main thing that is missing is a decent manager tbh

That's maybe correct but then you have to ask the question of what he sees in Cosgrove and May. They are both utterly inept yet mcinnes continually starts them. I find it hard to believe that even in training Cosgrove scores goals. One of the worst strikers we've ever had at our club.

Did he not have a bigger say/'investment' in May and Cosgrove? i.e. he was involved in their recruitment...

Or maybe he isn't as good as a lot on here think, or ready for first team full level exposure?

Milertime you keep going on about this. It’s been made pretty clear that we have absolute fuck all up front. May and Cosgrove have done nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The reason quite a lot of us are looking for Anderson to get a chance for a few games is because he has shown more potential certainly than Cosgrove. Anderson scored against Rangers with a tidy finish under pressure. He’s scored an absolute belter in the Irn Bru cup, a really important penalty against hibs and every time he comes on he looks eager and up for it.

Is he the messiah? Who knows. I tell you something though. He’s infinitely better than that donkey Cosgrove.

• Upvote 1

We just don't look like scoring goals, 5 in 7 league games is dire. We have very little creativity in the middle of the park and we continue to play 2 strikers who cannot score goals. Anderson at least shows a hunger that Cosgrove and May don't show. Cosgrove is a striker who has never scored a goal. Anderson deserves his chance simple as that because May and Cosgrove have continued to fail

I thought Stevie May was decent yesterday. The game actually died when Wilson went off for Cosgrove. We looked decent getting in behind before then, it should've been Anderson that came on. James Wilson is clearly a cut above anything we have at the moment and he's having to drop off to get the ball rather than having someone pick him out. Generally though, I thought we were pretty solid. My honest opinion is we're a £2-3million pound investment from seriously challenging for the league. A proper number 10 and our own contracted number 9 would do so much for us. Having to bring on guys like Cosgrove at Celtic Park really shouldn't be happening.

I think it'll be a long old slog of a season and we'll be 6th.

I thought Stevie May was decent yesterday. The game actually died when Wilson went off for Cosgrove. We looked decent getting in behind before then, it should've been Anderson that came on. James Wilson is clearly a cut above anything we have at the moment and he's having to drop off to get the ball rather than having someone pick him out. Generally though, I thought we were pretty solid. My honest opinion is we're a £2-3million pound investment from seriously challenging for the league. A proper number 10 and our own contracted number 9 would do so much for us. Having to bring on guys like Cosgrove at Celtic Park really shouldn't be happening.

I think it'll be a long old slog of a season and we'll be 6th.

I agree, May did well yesterday and the minute that Cosgrove came on, it was like playing with man a short.

Anderson and May should be given a run if Wilson is out.

Re: Anderson. Maybe McInnes just doesn't rate him? He's got history with not having confidence in young players (mainly forwards) the club have developed. 

Can you point me to an example of anyone good enough to play for us that McInnes hasn't had confidence in.

The fact Anderson has been more involved regularly than the previous youth product forwards that we have had under him. 

Don’t need to worry about that this year. Let’s celebrate our glorious route to the semi final. We only got second last year due to kenny McLean in the second half of the season he was the difference that got us over the line. Look at our results when he wasn’t there. We have failed to find a replacement for him, Jack and the aging Rooney. We are not rebuilding we are crumbling.