Aberdeen 3 - 2 Livingston

Guest milne_afc

I definitely remember the match at Pittodrie against the Huns when Gilhaus scored a late equaliser and Souness went ballistic as he claimed the free kick which led to the goal was taken while the ball was still moving. Good day that was.

Different season(91?) and the Gillhaus goal that day was a late winner rather than an equaliser.

On the whole it was a deserved win.

The first half i felt we were the better team but two god awful sloppy goals cost us. Scott Wright was brutal in the first half. He's had umpteen chances but is not of the required standard.

McLennan made a huge difference in the second half but the whole team stepped up their performances and absolutely pummeled Livi.

Stand outs for me were Lowe, Cosgrove, May and of course McLennan.

Take this level of performance into the St Mirren game please and we'll be alright.

• Upvote 1

Cosgrove starting to look the part. Didn't think I'd be saying that.

Why not? He is still young and learning his trade. Big Sam has a few rough edges still to be smoothed out, like his positional sense and when not to commit himself to a challenge, but he is getting better with each game and his cross for the opener and his goal tells me there is a lot to come from the lad yet. I think we were all guilty of writing him off, but he could be a real asset to us if he keeps improving.

Didn't see the match but listened to the radio and feared the worst at half time. I was reminded of a nightmare result at home against Livi a few years ago....

By all accounts it was a superb 2nd half performance and Willie was full of praise for young Connor as well as Stevie May (RG said it was his best performance for Aberdeen).

That was a big win for the Dons after the Saints match. We really could not afford to lose two home games on the bounce to teams of that calibre. Serious questions would have been asked and rightly so.

Fair play to the manager and the team for turning it round in the second half.

Didn't see the match but listened to the radio and feared the worst at half time. I was reminded of a nightmare result at home against Livi a few years ago....

By all accounts it was a superb 2nd half performance and Willie was full of praise for young Connor as well as Stevie May (RG said it was his best performance for Aberdeen).

That was a big win for the Dons after the Saints match. We really could not afford to lose two home games on the bounce to teams of that calibre. Serious questions would have been asked and rightly so.

Fair play to the manager and the team for turning it round in the second half.

Let's hope they take the 2nd half performance into the full of the next game.

Hope Devlin and GMS back soon.

That will definitely cause a problem for Derek when Devlin returns. Will he be loyal to Consi and drop Lowe or will he stick with the superior full back and stick AC on the bench?

Can't drop Lowe surely. One of our best players. McKenna and Devlin have a good partnership so surely McIness will not let loyalty to Considine cloud his judgement!!

Considine has made enough mistakes the past few games that even McIness wouldn't be that daft.

Up until now the answer seems to have AC at left back, when everyone was fit. But surely Lowe has played himself into starting at left back every game now? He can't be dropped or moved further forward, surely?

Also, who's our first choice wingers when everyone is fit? I guess GMS and McGinn would be McInnes' answer but McLennan deserves some starts soon. Think Scott Wright is probably just about out of chances now and has slipped behind Connor in the pecking order. Although maybe Scott could still get game time through the middle against 'lesser' teams.

Christ, did you fall and bang your heid in the toilet? I had to go back and check that it was Livingston we were playing and not Juventus in the Champions League. Its Livingston/ Ferranti Thistle ffs, at home: a team perennially destined at best for the bottom 6. Only 19 goals in 17 games with a GD of 3. A dead parrot of a club: deceased, passed on, defunct, expired, kicked the bucket, an ex-football team.

Jeezo.  We won mate,  smile.

• Upvote 1

Can't drop Lowe surely. One of our best players. McKenna and Devlin have a good partnership so surely McIness will not let loyalty to Considine cloud his judgement!!

Considine has made enough mistakes the past few games that even McIness wouldn't be that daft.

Totally agree, but Derek has his own ideas about team selection and it would not surprise me in the least if he sacrifices Lowe and sticks Consi in at full back. We know he likes height at the back, is defensive minded and is ultra loyal to his old boys. Two attack minded full backs might not fit in with his football philosophy and the fact Lowe is a loan player just might swing it in AC's Favour.

Never mind the bench needs taken oot the back and shot

:)

Did you still feel the same way when Consi's strike at Parkhead on the last day of last season guaranteed us second place again? I know he might be approaching his sell by date, but he has given us some great moments and although I agree he is struggling a bit I think shooting him might not be the best way to treat a Don's ledge.

• Upvote 2