Aberdeen 5 - 1 Dundee

Another good 3 points. Not sure why folk were complaining about the subs. Ball will play v Livingston because of Ferguson's suspension so we need to keep him sharp. McInnes has no back up he trusts for his front four so made sense to take off 3 of them. GMS might be back this weekend hence McLennan being the one to stay on.

Great 3 points, great performance. 

Really liking the Cosgrove and May pairing, seem to be causing the opposition problems.

Thought Mclennan was poor in first half, skinned himself more than the defender. Goal well taken though great controlled finish on the volley. Lowe once again was a complete machine, only thing I would say about him is that he seems to dive in too quickly and has to recover, which he does well.

2 tough games coming up, but we are in good stead going into them. Same team again on saturday would be ideal with perhaps one change, GMS in for Mclennan. 

• Downvote 1

Great result, very encouraging and we still have a few gears to shift up.

Cosgrove is really coming on now - his entire game, not just the goals.  Great to see.

Not to nitpick but we always seem to leak a goal, even when we hammer teams.  OK winning by 4 is still very good, but GD is important with us, killie, livi and hivs all on similar tallys at present.

With our slow start we have been focusing on former players we have missed, injuries, being shite etc, but the good is starting to outweigh the bad with (eg) Lowe, ferguson, MacLennan and increasingly Cosgrove being success stories.

• Upvote 1

Was at work yesterday, so just catching up now...

'Breakdown on D'!? What is this nonsense?

D-Fence.jpg?fit=640%2C360&ssl=1

Whats this recent obsession on here with McGinn playing in the middle?

Recent lack of goals from our strikers brought back thoughts of when (and how) McGinn was our top scorer.

...the boys in the NYPD choir were singing Galway Bay
But the Dons were singing out for Stevie May.

Quite good!  default_ok.gif

Bizarre substitution with ball coming on for May

May needed a rest, and both he and Ball will feature v Hearts and Celtic.

Good win, fancy us to put a few past Hearts

An early goal could very well destroy their already shattered confidence.

This is in no way a criticism of Cosgrove but at his 2nd goal, which he finished really well, he could have played in May for what should have been an easy finish.

With that second goal, Cosgrove not only added to his locker but his confidence.

Thought Mclennan was poor in first half, skinned himself more than the defender. 

default_lol.gif

No, you're right, but just can't help thinking like that.

I think you have a point.

It was the wrong decision to give Hearts a penalty because Naismith slipped, and it was wrong that Cosgrove missed the Saintees game because Goldson kicked the bottom of his foot.

A goal or two would do so much for him you feel.

Is it just me or is much of the difference these last few weeks playing 2 up top?

Spot on.  We struggled for a period last night after he subbed May for Ball then were in total control again after he took Wilson on for McGinn.

4-4-2 definitely the way to go

Agree I saw the pass to May for the second too but I’m not too worried that Sam da man has the confidence to take it on himself and deliver. Dare I say Rooneyesq. As was his first. That’s exactly the area that I’ve been critical of him. Not hounding the last man for the tap ins or headers that Rooney excelled at. Basically gambling.

I hadnt realised how good the move was for the first too.

Haha that's AMAZING

Cosgrove scores a belter but we have people saying he should have been selfless and squared for May

Jesus Christ

Point me to where I said he should have.

My observation was that he had another option on as well as taking the shot on. If they keep playing well together and become a proper partnership then I hope that we’ll see more goals scored from both of them as they get an even better understanding.