The Best A Man Can Be

Foster14

Kelt’s continued obsession with Vorderman maybe puts him just behind Pipes this month.

@@Kelt

Maybe the laddie with the thing for Yootha Joyce doesnae get to be the one who decides if an obsession with the delicious Carol Vorderman is a negative or no?

Here's me trying to maintain certain standards, and you come crashing in waving Yootha Joyce aroond like a mentalist. 

No!

Hey Kelt me and you should go out on a foursome with Vodafone and Big Yootha. Table for three and a ledge to put Yootha's ashes on.

Could be fun, could go ten pin bowling???

That'd be a treat... unfortunately Yootha is deid, I believe, so you'd have to get a lookalike to take Yootha's place. 

I ken a laddie that keeps Capuchin Monkeys, though, so if you're interested I could ask him to send along the ugliest yin? 

Gillette went off the rails years ago. I ditched those losers when they thought I would buy a razor because tiger woods or roger federer told me to.Their latest advert is embarrassing, limp-wristed rubbish and I hope they suffer accordingly.Ariana Huffington endorsed the advert. Case closed.Gillette are the Billy Connolly of razor companies. Living on past glories for decades now.The Gillette Sensor era was their high water mark, just as the 1980s was Connollys. Yet, unfortunately, we are still hearing from both of them today in 2019.If I owned a razor company, my advert would say: "Buy my razors. They last ages and are a good price. Message ends."

Well if the Catholic Church says their adverts suck, then sales will probably rocket amongst real men

Ignoring all the proven research into the multi billion dollar advertising industry CS? I get your point but we're way by that.

I am largely immune to advertising. I know what I want.

It is an industry design to prey on weak willed fools.

In years past I would often be invited to market research events, which help shape advertising. You would go along for an hour or so and have a pleasant chat and a buffet, then be given £20 for your trouble.

Like everyone else there, I was just there for the money and buffet and would tell them any old shite to pass the time until I got my £20.

I am largely immune to advertising. I know what I want.

It is an industry design to prey on weak willed fools.

In years past I would often be invited to market research events, which help shape advertising. You would go along for an hour or so and have a pleasant chat and a buffet, then be given £20 for your trouble.

Like everyone else there, I was just there for the money and buffet and would tell them any old shite to pass the time until I got my £20.

They really don't.

They are an exercise in futility, conducted so the agency can 1/ Charge for it (@ way more than 20 a head) 2/ Say they've conducted it 3/ Do what they wanted to do and have the client sign off as its been 'tested'.

I use an electric shaver, but I will say this. Men should treat each other, women, and all genders with respect and decency.

But this issue has too many sides IMO for a razor company to jump in and lecture their demo in a paid spot to sell razors.

Should a tampon commercial tell single women to be better and give short men a chance? It'd be totally spot on, but stupid considering you are advertising to women.

Jordan Peterson, Bill Maher, and other moderates and liberals (many liberal comedians) caution about being too PC. So my thoughts would be whatever but if you annoy men with your commercial they can easily switch razors. It's less about me2 and more about questionable marketing.

There was a radio show on in the states where a woman ( of color) lectured a man about his white priviledge. As it turns out the man was African American. Just a humorous reminder to all that indentity politics is super annoying. I'm very progressive but your opinions must stand for themselves IMO.

As a comedian once said... he could go on stage and say women are smarter than men and be applauded. But if he said it the other way around he'd be booed off the stage. Just food for thought if you dont understand how some poster could be mildly annoyed with the commercial

gillette canna shave a john beaton fade intae yer dome..only a philips cin git ye a trendy fade liket thon hun ref. chinge thi settins oan the blades ye cin dae it yersel. stick beatons fade oan rickson wi ez blindin white gnashers spruced up wi a sonicare..philips cid pysh ower gillette legacy wi the slogan 'best a hun cin git'