Music

eeps

On 1/12/2023 at 6:18 AM, Dad said:

I tell you son - cunts could do a lot fucking worse than listen to Rush all day long; you can here the starting point for manys a fucking band that came after them 😎 

An inspiration and no fucking mistake 👍

Totally agree. They were a huge influence on a who host of top rock and metal bands, from 80's classics like Iron Maiden and Metallica, to the groundbreaking 90's acts like Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden and Alice In Chains. Not to mention the ultra-technical, "nerdy" bands like Queensryche, Dream Theater and Tool. All cite them as a major influence and rightly so. 

What's your favourite era(s) of their catalogue, Dad?

• Upvote 1

Coheed n Cambria maybes due a wee smidge for plagiarism themselves sure - hoo mama

Tbh son - it flips about... Hard to isolate one as being better noticeably than the others. 

Fly by Night/2112/Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres I'll say just now... But stick any of them on, Dad'll be up jiving about like the groovy cunt I is 😎  

Here young cunts - listen to Rush✌️

13 hours ago, Dad said:

Coheed n Cambria maybes due a wee smidge for plagiarism themselves sure - hoo mama

Tbh son - it flips about... Hard to isolate one as being better noticeably than the others. 

Fly by Night/2112/Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres I'll say just now... But stick any of them on, Dad'll be up jiving about like the groovy cunt I is 😎  

Here young cunts - listen to Rush✌️

Coheed and Cambria are great, definitely a Rush influence there. 

Your top picks are untouchable for sure, everything from 1975-81 is untouchable, as well as later albums like Counterparts, Snakes and Arrows and their brilliant farewell of Clockwork Angels. That said, I often find myself going back to their so-called 'keyboard era' of 1982-88. I didn't appreciate it that much as a kid, but for some reason it made more sense when I gave those 4 albums another shot after they came back in 2002. 

5 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Coheed and Cambria are great, definitely a Rush influence there. 

Your top picks are untouchable for sure, everything from 1975-81 is untouchable, as well as later albums like Counterparts, Snakes and Arrows and their brilliant farewell of Clockwork Angels. That said, I often find myself going back to their so-called 'keyboard era' of 1982-88. I didn't appreciate it that much as a kid, but for some reason it made more sense when I gave those 4 albums another shot after they came back in 2002. 

Looking back - there's an appreciation for how diverse they were... Could turn their hands to everything and fucking terrifically at that. But for sure as a fan buying records as they were released - makes sense there's be an initial recoil at the reinvention; a feeling of betrayal even for those overly dramatic. 

Listening back with an eclectic mind and the op to go at your own pace, free of cunts telling you what's what - liberating for sure. S'when you do the best discovering 👍