Season Tickets 19/20

It wasn't even a fishing attempt.

I'll renew the season ticket every year because I am a half wit. Anyone that turns up season after season is a nae richter.

The DNA subs is/was the money up for grabs if I was impressed with what the club was doing at the moment

I'll role my meager £8/month on another season. Hopefully contribute to great signings again like Wilson and Forrester.

A bit more hard to swallow is the £400+ season ticket when the pittodrie is a shithole (need stadium asap please) and the product on the park is befitting of a shithole

I kind of rationalise my decision to renew on the basis that this summer could not possibly be as disastrous as the one just past. We literally spunked 100's of thousands on Wilson and Forrester as our two marquee signings. Pound for pound, they are both in the conversation for our worst ever signing IMO. If even one of them had worked out, we'd been in a much better position...we could've had a quality replacement for McLean, supplying the bullets for a striker who absolutely ripped the backside out of the SPFL.

Surely we wont be this unlucky again? If we have a similar budget for next season and roll the dice again, we could end up with two stars!

... I guess it's the hope that kills you in the end!

I can see DM feeling the burn after the disasterous signings and stick to known SPFL players eg guys like Shaugnessy, McGeouch, Boyce as his primary targets.

Then miss out on all of those and sign Brian Easton who has only been out for 2 years injured, Tony Watt who knows what we are all about and Docherty on loan from the Huns

I can see DM feeling the burn after the disasterous signings and stick to known SPFL players eg guys like Shaugnessy, McGeouch, Boyce as his primary targets.

Then miss out on all of those and sign Brian Easton who has only been out for 2 years injured, Tony Watt who knows what we are all about and Docherty on loan from the Huns

Don't get me excited.

Nostradamus. 100%

• 4 weeks later...

I have decided nae to renew this year. First time in over 15 years. I just haven't got the desire for it anymore and looking forward to having the weekends to do other things.

I think a massive part of has been to do with the Newco being in the league. The years that there was no Rangers in the league were some of the best. We are now back in a situation where the SFA, SPFL and media are on the Old Firm bandwagon again and will do almost anything to ensure it remains all about them both. We lived with that for decades, but that period without it all was bliss. I just cant be arsed with it all anymore and they are just a fucking cancer of the game.

Some mates have argued that I shouldn't punish the club, but i canna continue to spend hundreds on a team in a league that continues to pander to two teams. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

The hun thing is a big negative. I emailed the club to make the case to have no huns at the home fixtures, but no reply.

I renewed, and I do the DNA thing, but what pisses me off is that we seem to be coerced into panicky early signings to satisfy our short term European needs and it then fucks up our longer term plans for the upcoming season. What would our signings have been if we hadn't pulled Burnley in the first game? I reckon they would have been a bit more considered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Strange. I have to say I find that it is our delaying that causes frustration. I feel we only have one target for each position and have no idea what to do if that transfer fails which ends up in numerous strange loan signings.

Anyway hopefully ticket sales don't drop to much after this frustrating season.

• Upvote 2

Me and the old man renewed. Upped to premium DNA as well. Old man got conned into taking DNA in March as he was told didn’t have enough points for the semi final bus and if he took DNA he get enough.

Just need to post that “take my money” photo up that does the rounds and would sum it up.

I swithered.

Then decided, what else would I do if I didn't have something to moan about watching Joe and 10 loanees on a Saturday afternoon.

Renewed last night

Pretty much my thoughts.

Gives me an excuse to meet pals pre match few pints, have a laugh etc. Fitba usually spoils the day.

Then I can come on here and moan at the shite served up. Terrific!

Saw an interesting comment in one of the rags. (A comment of course, none of the writers were capable).

Suggesting that if anything Celtics inherent glass ceiling whereby they are programmed to do just better than the hun and no more has actually worked against them this year. That they were actually better without their benchmarks when blowing us away in all respects than they are now when they set their biscuit tin against the huns performance and no more.

Lot of truth in that. No reason why we shouldn’t be amongst them on that basis albeit squad size will always win out in the end.

I guess if the numbers drop they will seriously consider allowing more huns and tims into the ground.

It’s a business and if locals can’t be arsed going then they need their money.

Interesting one, no fence down the middle would make it harder. Unless you put a wall of stewards between us and them which would be very interesting and fun