Scotland Vs Kazakhstan & San Marino

Dead in the water before he started. Paucity of resources not his fault but yes some baffling management within that for sure.

That said should never have been there. Was on a short list of 1 which tells its own story as to where our problems lie but shouldn’t even have been there having fucked us over for fucking Birmingham previously. Add in the EBT shit and the rumoured personal issues. Dead in the water.

• Upvote 1

Can we summise tbe " troubling incident" was related to McLeish health.

Rumour is he told a player to go home as he wasn't selected when McLeish did in fact select him. The coaches then had to sort it out.

I'm sure there was an interview lastbyear where he also said before a red card that he was going to bring McKenna on just before the sending off...McKenna was already on the pitch.

Worrying if true and hope he's arite like but he's seemed a bit off since he's taken the job to be honest.

Rumour is he told a player to go home as he wasn't selected when McLeish did in fact select him. The coaches then had to sort it out.

I'm sure there was an interview lastbyear where he also said before a red card that he was going to bring McKenna on just before the sending off...McKenna was already on the pitch.

Worrying if true and hope he's arite like but he's seemed a bit off since he's taken the job to be honest.

There are plenty of rumours on the go at the moment... the one I keep reading about, is that he got very confused, and lost his train of thought, during his address to the team, prior to the San Marino game.  Had to take a few moments to regain his composure.

The more worrying thing I keep reading about, is regarding Malky McKay and his influence.  Apparently he's the man calling the shots at every level and has been interfering with team affairs at every level.  Apparently there is footage of him stepping in and speaking over Scott Gemmil during a half time team talk at an U21's match.

The only interest i'd have in this is if they approach McInnes which is possible.

The tartan army consists mostly of fannies so he'll be loved and adored despite failing.

My intial thought is that McInnes would never take the Scotland job, as he's turned down far better jobs in the past!

However, maybe he'd be willing to take a chance, as it doesn't look like he's going to get the offer from England that he's looking for... changing the fortunes of Scotland might persuade a few hesitant Championship clubs that he's worth a second chance...

Where? When?

I'm not going to induldge you, as you clearly know the answer.  If you think the Scotland job is more attractive than either of those two, then you are massively out of touch.

What I will tell you is that Messers Gerrard & Ross will not be submitting an application to Mount Florida.

• Downvote 2

McInnes would be a very good appointment for Scotland at this time.  We need a good man manager and someone who can grind out results, both of which McInnes is very good at.  I think the general style of football McInnes wants to play, counter attacking and fairly defensive, is exactly what Scotland need right now.  If the SFA are doing their jobs properly, which they won't be, then McInnes should be making that shortlist.  Would be a great improvement over Strachan and McLeish.  I doubt McInnes would want the job though so it's a non-starter even if they did approach him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they either give McLeish a vote of confidence or appoint one of Strachan or big Malky.

Don't see McInnes being interested in the Scotland job currently. Clarke would seem a very obvious choice. Talking of the bleedin' obvious, we were all discussing the state of McLeish's health when his name was mooted for the job. If everyone else could see it, why couldn't McRae and Petrie.

Rumoured that the disturbing incident was McLeish giving his pre match talk until the San Marino manager said "fuck off into your ain dressing room". 

There are plenty of rumours on the go at the moment... the one I keep reading about, is that he got very confused, and lost his train of thought, during his address to the team, prior to the San Marino game.  Had to take a few moments to regain his composure.

The more worrying thing I keep reading about, is regarding Malky McKay and his influence.  Apparently he's the man calling the shots at every level and has been interfering with team affairs at every level.  Apparently there is footage of him stepping in and speaking over Scott Gemmil during a half time team talk at an U21's match.

The BBC did hint at the Malky MacKay influence in their piece yesterday, and that McLeish was suffering from a fallout with the players not of his making. Is MacKay having a positive influence though? Getting rid of some of the older players can be a good thing but doing it in a shitty manner surely isn’t helpful.

Will the SFA bottle it again and go for an easy appointment. Would having a team of current managers doing the Scotland job part-time work along with a decent team of coaches in place?

McInnes would be a very good appointment, I think. 

That would put AFC in a tremendously shite position, though. 

So that'd be a happy bonus for the SFA/SPFL. 

Seeing him approached as the next Scottish manager wouldn't be a massive shock. He's currently, I believe, the longest serving current manager of a club in the SPFL, so mebbes he'd see it as a good time for change. Passed the 6 year mark a few days back. 

I'm trying to think of some tired, old-school, hack manager who 'knows the game in Scotland' who'd be ahead of him... I suppose there's always Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee. They fit the criteria.

Currently out of work.... more or less. 

Not very good.

Miserable.

'Know the game in Scotland'.

Would pick 'reliable', old journeymen to grind out the odd result. 

Have already failed in the job. 

McInnes would be a very good appointment, I think. 

That would put AFC in a tremendously shite position, though. 

So that'd be a happy bonus for the SFA/SPFL. 

Seeing him approached as the next Scottish manager wouldn't be a massive shock. He's currently, I believe, the longest serving current manager of a club in the SPFL, so mebbes he'd see it as a good time for change. Passed the 6 year mark a few days back. 

I'm trying to think of some tired, old-school, hack manager who 'knows the game in Scotland' who'd be ahead of him... I suppose there's always Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee. They fit the criteria.

Currently out of work.... more or less. 

Not very good.

Miserable.

'Know the game in Scotland'.

Would pick 'reliable', old journeymen to grind out the odd result. 

Have already failed in the job. 

I've already pitched Neil Lennon on behalf of the forum. No need to debate anyone else. Move on. Distinct lack of semi-final ticket updates on here.

The failed Hibs manager Panda. That the best you can do. Wouldn't surprise me though if they tried him. Thinking outside the box for the SFA would be the likes of Ally McCoist with Walter in the background.

The post looks a poison chalice from where I sit. Manager out of work, looking for wedge then it's a no brainer but looking to progress to something better? Big risk involved for that. The only plus would be to get lucky in the play offs and claim all the glory for getting us qualified.

The failed Hibs manager Panda. That the best you can do. Wouldn't surprise me though if they tried him. Thinking outside the box for the SFA would be the likes of Ally McCoist with Walter in the background.

The post looks a poison chalice from where I sit. Manager out of work, looking for wedge then it's a no brainer but looking to progress to something better? Big risk involved for that. The only plus would be to get lucky in the play offs and claim all the glory for getting us qualified.

It's a job that's ripe for an easy win for a good manager.

Our players are far better than they've been performing. Get them confident and organised (an easy task for a competent manager) and you improve us no end.

Then you're a home game vs Finland and an away game vs Norway/Serbia from being at the Euros (where we'd have 2 or 3 group stage home games).