Over Rated Artists/bands

Studebaker-90

• 2 weeks later...

Probably already mentioned somewhere in here, but i have never understood the fascination with the likes of Pink Floyd, the Who or Led Zeppelin. I love rock music in general and these bands are always classed as some of the greatest rock bands ever, but i really cant stand their stuff, especially Pink Floyd.

I once worked with a guy who was obsessed with Pink Floyd! He kept badgering me to listen to the greatest piece of art created by humans - "... you have to listen to The Dark Side of the Moon min", so i did, and reported back it was shite. "... Nah, keep listening to it, it will grow on you". It never did. It' was shite then and it is still shite now. 

Probably already mentioned somewhere in here, but i have never understood the fascination with the likes of Pink Floyd, the Who or Led Zeppelin. I love rock music in general and these bands are always classed as some of the greatest rock bands ever, but i really cant stand their stuff, especially Pink Floyd.

I once worked with a guy who was obsessed with Pink Floyd! He kept badgering me to listen to the greatest piece of art created by humans - "... you have to listen to The Dark Side of the Moon min", so i did, and reported back it was shite. "... Nah, keep listening to it, it will grow on you". It never did. It' was shite then and it is still shite now.

Not a big Pink Floyd man but anyone who doesn't like this song is dead inside

https://youtu.be/IXdNnw99-Ic

:o with the exception of “THAT Guffy” song, their back catalogue is fantastic

@@Poodler can’t remember if it was you who mentioned underrated bands or not but what about Maximo Park?

To be fair, when put up against, say 'Ally's Tartan Army', or 'We Have A Dream', it could be considered one of the greatest songs ever written. 

Then again, three minutes of shitting noises sounds fantastic by way of comparison to ATA and WHAD. 

European Song still stands as the best fitba tune of all time. 

Then thon yin by Black Grape. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ols0J74V4

Go away

Sense is one of my favourite tunes

Wash your wookiee beard.

I liked the Lightning Seeds back in the day.

:o with the exception of “THAT Guffy” song, their back catalogue is fantastic

@@Poodler can’t remember if it was you who mentioned underrated bands or not but what about Maximo Park?

Oh dear, next you’ll be trying to tell me that the Boo Radleys were quality too? Lightning Seeds=Utter Dung, with skitters on top

Oh dear, next you’ll be trying to tell me that the Boo Radleys were quality too? Lightning Seeds=Utter Dung, with skitters on top

not sure you could ever really call TLS anything other than a pop group. Not really proper music.

TLoR is a decent instrumental for a goal of the month competition tho

Full of wankers who are obsessed with Oasis and have Liam Gallagher hair do’s

As for the past, I presume that ABZ being quite affluent and shite there isn’t much to inspire folk

Dundee has The Associates, Danny Wilson and The Average White Band (Deacon Blue also?)

Rather have nothing than Deacon Blue

And you're discrediting D man

Not suggesting they're overrated, but I've gone off Fleetwood Mac. Overplayed them, canna listen anymore. And yon boy with a girls name is a lemon

Really gone off

Full of wankers who are obsessed with Oasis and have Liam Gallagher hair do’s

As for the past, I presume that ABZ being quite affluent and shite there isn’t much to inspire folk

Dundee has The Associates, Danny Wilson and The Average White Band (Deacon Blue also?)

Let's be honest, all of those are utter shite.