Pre Season

Guest the shepherd

Did Hearts not lose to them the other day too?

Aye, they sure did. The jam tarts lost 2-0 to the Red Lichties.

Guest the shepherd

Hearts now Hibs,fit price are Arbroath for league?

They are best priced 40-1 to win the Championship with Bet365, Torry loon.

Sheerin agrees with me. No defence whatsoevee and midfield fell apart once Seb Ross went off.

““It was a tough lesson.

“That is the only way to look at it.

“It showed how young we were. How naive we were. How much work we have to do, especially for the younger ones as we are a young group when we come into this situation.

“You have to manage a game much better.

“Four at half time was bad enough and we said to them could we keep it at that?

“The capitulating after the fifth goal is really really tough to take in terms how we lose all discipline.

“That is a basic really and something we need to urgently look at.

“How do we become better at that and our game management?

“It was damage limitation.

“It is was struggle.

“We had 15, 16 and 17 year olds in our back four and that certainly showed in the early parts of the game.

“I hoped we could have kept it to four, but we lose a fifth goal and it was unacceptable what we offered up after that.

“We all know the standards the manager and Tony set and we fell way below them tonight.

“We will work hard to make sure hopefully it does not happen again.

“I have had a couple of nose bleeds during my time here managing the younger ones.

“Yes we have bounced back and again we need to show that resilience and character.

“Come Tuesday (against Deveronvale) we need to make sure we are a lot better organised and lot better in terms of how we do against the ball and how we work as a defensive unit.”

Hopefully, it was just as Sheerin says... that result because we fielded so many really young players...

However, Losing 8-1 at any level is cause for alarm.  Sheerin talks about the capitulation 'after we went 5-1'... what about before that? Losing 5-1 to Elgin is capitulation!

I'm guessing he means it for going from 4-1 to 8-1 in the space of 6 minutes, including an Elgin player getting a hat-trick inside 3 minutes.

I don't agree with the pressure comment - if the loon is ready to play week in week out he's ready - and to me he looks more than capable of being a starter. 

Plenty players play every week at 18, so why can't Deano.

Edit: Just to add, by not playing players who are ready for first team football you just hold them back in progressing. Best way for him to progress his game is playing at the top level he can every game.

^^ This

^^ This

Yeah, I agree also.  With Deano, it's not like he's a scrawny little teenage rat bag... he's similar to David Turnbull and Lewis Ferguson, in that physically he's a big strong loon for his age.  If he's not going to play regularly for the first team this year, we should get him out on loan and get him playing every week.

From what I've seen, McInnes looks like he favours him as a deep seated playmaker, taking the ball off the defence.  That's McGeouchs game too... so missing out on McGeouch could be the best thing to happen to Deano's Aberdeen career!  Having said that, McGeouch has struggled with injuries in the past, so you'd think his deputy would still get a decent amount of games...

I've got a dilemma.

This Saturday I've got Auld Mrs McPlop, who has dementia to look after as I couldn't get respite. Do I A, take her to the game and put up with the moaning when she realises it's football and not a Rural tea dance, B prop her up at a table in Wetherspoons and order drinks and food for her throughout the afternoon via the Wetherspoons app, C Ask the Dons to make her mascot for the day, D, lock her in the shed which she doesn't like because of the rodents, she eats that many it puts her off her tea.E let her roam free for the afternoon then find her later using her tracker?

Just go yourself and say you forgot about her. Folk will be used to that by now.

Very poor result last night for the under 20s. Did they not get pumped 9-0 by motherwell last season as well? Either too young and not ready for that level or attitude and application not right at times? Of course a lot from that age group are now in the first team squad so age a big factor but 8-1 not a good look.

Sheerin is throwing the lads under a bus there

These young lads should already be coached to a standard they should be able to cope with fucking Elgin ffs

Young loons who just signed their first professional co tracts should already be coached well enough to cope with Elgin?

It's not like they were playing alongside an experienced pro like Considine. Even the more senior players don't have too much first team games under their belt.

Agree they missed an experienced head particularly at the back. Sutherland ran amok as a player with his experience would. Let’s just say it’s no wonder Shay has gone off the boil recently.

Trying to take the positives. Anderson has improved but stature will always be an issue for him in the out and out striker role. Reminded me of Goodwillie. Ruth’s movement was good, plays on the last man well but got zero supply of the type he clearly wanted (balls in behind) after the first 10 minutes. And I’m maybe biased but I do like a wee snappy number 8 taking the ball and giving structure to the midfield and I thought Seb Ross did that OK. And not much more Cerny could have done as offered little protection. Possibly a little more vocal but he, and we, could see that it was literally men against boys. Little glimpses elsewhere but as others have said pretty sobering stuff.

I've got a dilemma.

This Saturday I've got Auld Mrs McPlop, who has dementia to look after as I couldn't get respite. Do I A, take her to the game and put up with the moaning when she realises it's football and not a Rural tea dance, B prop her up at a table in Wetherspoons and order drinks and food for her throughout the afternoon via the Wetherspoons app, C Ask the Dons to make her mascot for the day, D, lock her in the shed which she doesn't like because of the rodents, she eats that many it puts her off her tea.E let her roam free for the afternoon then find her later using her tracker?

Just drop her at mine. I'll ride her for the afternoon.