Ryan Hedges

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

What the hell are we going to do with £200k, one working day before the window shuts?

If we don't replace him, theres a good chance we could lose more than £200k in league placings. 

Put it on Pillars of Earth in the 3:20 at Lingfield. Could potentially be worth £500k.

Joking apart, I am sure Glass will have a couple of rabbits in the hat before the Monday night deadline.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

What the hell are we going to do with £200k, one working day before the window shuts?

If we don't replace him, theres a good chance we could lose more than £200k in league placings. 

I am with you here, I cannot see how this is great business by the club, everyone is correct he has totally underperformed this year however, he is about the only one in the complete squad that had ability to unlock defences or turn the tight games with a little something. look at the subsitutes that cam on against St.mirren the other night and one of them will now take his starting spot unless there is someone lined up. let that thought sink in. i would rather not have the 200K

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Put it on Pillars of Earth in the 3:20 at Lingfield. Could potentially be worth £500k.

Joking apart, I am sure Glass will have a couple of rabbits in the hat before the Monday night deadline.

Aye, the 5th choice Atlanta right back who will surprise people and an under 11 who is doing really well in the US little league

2 minutes ago, RedForever said:

I am with you here, I cannot see how this is great business by the club, everyone is correct he has totally underperformed this year however, he is about the only one in the complete squad that had ability to unlock defences or turn the tight games with a little something. look at the subsitutes that cam on against St.mirren the other night and one of them will now take his starting spot unless there is someone lined up. let that thought sink in. i would rather not have the 200K

If Hedges head has been turned and no longer wants to be here then take the 200k and move on. Tuesday night showed me there is no point in him staying.  

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yip. 

Thanks for your one footed service Ryan.  The phrase "flatters to deceive" sums him up to a tee.

Agreed, everyone saying he can unlock defenses etc, however probably count on one hand the good performances he's had, and even then wasn't for more than half a game. Good player on his day, however that was few and far between

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agree he's frustrating and injury prone. 

But unless we get someone in to replace him the folk saying we won't miss him are in for a shock second half of this season. 

Short memories.  Remember how pish we were the last time he was out injured. 

Glass thinks that Ojo is our creative spark on the left wing, maybe we'll see McGeouch on the right wing now.

TBF, he'd probably be a better option than McLennan or Kennedy.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Well at least it hasn't taken till deadline day to resolve. 

I'll put my faith (at least for now) that as we have let him go that there must be a ready made replacement lined up 

I fear he’s already here (Besuijen) ?

We need about 3 or 4 attacking players in. Ojo and Jenks aren’t good enough and let’s not get started on our options off the bench. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Wright out the door last year. Hedges this year. Unloading a disinterested player is fine... even makes sense. But I see us late in the window again with little reinforcements. Outside of an ATL UTD stash.

Don't mind these guys going as they were both lightweight, inconsistent and injury prone but the new management and recruitment team need to start bringing other creative players in.  They haven't shown that they can do that so far. The lack of creative players at the club is a real concern.